What ohm coils do I want?

resistance plays a factor with voltage. what type of device are you using?

for me, i use a standard 3.7v ego mostly, and when i pair that with a 1.8ohm carto/clearo etc.... it gives me a warm (not hot), thick vapor.

generally the easy way to look at it is, the lower the resistance the warmer the vapor will be. so take for instance a 3ohm carto, you would want to pair that with more of like a 5v device.

less than 2 ohms right around 4v is good

right around 3 ohms 5 volts is good

right around 4 ohms 6 volts is good

that's certainly not the case for everyone but it's an easy to remember scale. if you want a warm, thick vapor that's a rudimentary scale. if you want a cooler vape it would look more like

less than 2 ohms right around 4.5 volts

right around 3 ohms 5.5-6 volts

etc.....

resistance plays a factor with voltage. what type of device are you using?

for me, i use a standard 3.7v ego mostly, and when i pair that with a 1.8ohm carto/clearo etc.... it gives me a warm (not hot), thick vapor.

generally the easy way to look at it is, the lower the resistance the warmer the vapor will be. so take for instance a 3ohm carto, you would want to pair that with more of like a 5v device.

less than 2 ohms right around 4v is good

right around 3 ohms 5 volts is good

right around 4 ohms 6 volts is good

that's certainly not the case for everyone but it's an easy to remember scale. if you want a warm, thick vapor that's a rudimentary scale. if you want a cooler vape it would look more like

less than 2 ohms right around 4.5 volts

right around 3 ohms 5.5-6 volts

etc.....

Thanks Blu, this is for a Vision Spinner 3.3 - 4.8, with EVOD bottom feeder tank. I run it no higher than 3.5v.

well if you have a vv device then you can pick pretty much any ohm coil you want and dial your spinner in to what vapes well for you. that's the nice thing about vv, just vape what feels right. you should be good with anything in the range of 1.5-3ohm.

im doing a 1.4ohm 4 volts, works well, its just a juice sucker.

Sometimes I don't understand things and I think maybe I'm missing out on something. I don't see how you can have a 1.4 ohm coil and vape it at 4 volts and not fry everything in sight. I have been using 1.8 - 2.0 ohm coils and I can never seem to jack up the volts beyond 3.5 without getting a burn taste almost right away. But I like to do long slow pulls.

Ad that brings up another question. Is there any easy way to measure the actual resistance in a coil with a basic ohm meter? I suppose I could check my battery output as well?

• 4 months later...

Sometimes I don't understand things and I think maybe I'm missing out on something. I don't see how you can have a 1.4 ohm coil and vape it at 4 volts and not fry everything in sight. I have been using 1.8 - 2.0 ohm coils and I can never seem to jack up the volts beyond 3.5 without getting a burn taste almost right away. But I like to do long slow pulls.

Ad that brings up another question. Is there any easy way to measure the actual resistance in a coil with a basic ohm meter? I suppose I could check my battery output as well?

I've made a .32 mm gauge coil at 1.4 ohm for my kanger T3, using ego battery (3.7 V), vapes great, the gauge used for the coil prevents it from burning out, it get's hot if I puff for some time but not too much (i have pulled for 7 - 8 seconds and still haven't experienced any burnt taste), I haven't had any chance to test at 4 V but I don't think it will fry. Also, i added a sterilized 100% cotton wick, this thing is one of my favorite vapes, the flavor from the juice it's better than with the silica wick, the only downside is that you must keep wick moist or you'll taste burnt wick, I just do some quick blows in the mouthpiece to get more juice into the coil and avoid burning the wick.

if I am using a prebuilt coil such as Kanger I use 2.2, if I am rebuilding on like my RSST I try to stay at 1.4 or 1.8 alot of it will really depend on your technique and your device. on my SVD I use any ohm but prefer the 2.2 on my mech mods I like lower ohm especially with my rebuildables.

Hmontes- you can measure res with a basic ohmmeter.

Touch leads together first and see if it reads 0. If not, then you will subtract this number from your measurement with the coil.

The resistance will change slightly depending on if you measure a dry coil or one already in a wet tank. Wet measurement is most accurate