FDA to release "deeming" regulations October 2013

I know the fda is all over the states but it seems like most bs about regulations come out of cali. Look car emissions are based on cali standards, how much my heart can beat is from cali, when I can go number 2 is from cali etc.

Edited by Love2VapeDaily

Well a lot of legislation that is restrictive of health adverse things comes from California and New York, but overall we have lived in a "Nanny State" for a long time now. The only difference between the two partys that control our lives are the things they want to be restricted.

I mean, New York bans large soft drinks, California effectively bans smoking all together outside your home, New York makes gun ownership so hard it is not worth the cost to try and have one there, its all a load of crap.

This is not political. Both liberals and conservatives have restrictive Nanny State type objectives and these almost always start at the state level. There are times I love living in the South, then again, there are times I want to pull my hair out at the discriminatory policies and laws that are passed and enacted.

Not sure online sales will be affected on anything but nicotine liquid when you think about it. One can legally buy pipes, bongs, hookahs, and other things online for use with an illegal product. I cannot see any way they can ban the sales of hardware and equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm not sure what I'm reading, or if I'm reading this correctly, but are they trying to amend the rule so that they can, um, regulate "tobacco products" not already listed, and would that mean e-cigs, etc.? Even though they don't contain any ACTUAL tobacco?

That would be cool. I would then live on an island in the Pacific and my property value might go up :D.

I could dig living on an island.....

Problem is I live on the san andreas,lol. My house would be lost in the shuffle along with a few million others

OR I might end up with prime beach front

Edited by Bebop12

Okay, I'm not sure what I'm reading, or if I'm reading this correctly, but are they trying to amend the rule so that they can, um, regulate "tobacco products" not already listed, and would that mean e-cigs, etc.? Even though they don't contain any ACTUAL tobacco?

Okay. This is the short, incomplete, version and I,m no expert:

The problem was originally how do you classify vaping?

Two choices:

Drug delivery system (the Patch, various drug aids, smoking cessation products) which makes it fall under pharma control

Or

The Tobacco Act - which categorizes it as a "tobacco" product

The tobacco act was the lesser of two evils and thus it has been classified

But, there is no direct legislation on vaping and so now you have to change a whole bunch if existing laws or modify them to encompass vaping. And you have unregulated products like e-juice and hardware

Tobacco Act is really the lesser of two evils. If Pharma gets it its a big mess and probably even higher cost

Such is life, California or not

all i know is that I heard the phillip morris owner altria is starting e liquid production and they are probably going to try to make where only the few and rich can produce it...when this happens i'll be done when i run out of my own supplies...I couldnt even begin to imagine all the chemicals and addictive elements they'll start throwing into those juices like cigs..it would all be just to try and get you to spend as much money on e liquid as currently on cigs. This greedy country is getting worse and worse...as of right now I feel no addiction to e cigs...ya i jones for nicotine but once i take a few puffs off vapors im fine...think of cigarettes, I'd light one up every 30 mins just because my brain thought i needed to...why you think that was? nicotine? no...reinforcement chemicals...**** big tobacco companies and **** the government officials trying to regulate it back to that.

all i know is that I heard the phillip morris owner altria is starting e liquid production and they are probably going to try to make where only the few and rich can produce it...when this happens i'll be done when i run out of my own supplies...I couldnt even begin to imagine all the chemicals and addictive elements they'll start throwing into those juices like cigs..it would all be just to try and get you to spend as much money on e liquid as currently on cigs. This greedy country is getting worse and worse...as of right now I feel no addiction to e cigs...ya i jones for nicotine but once i take a few puffs off vapors im fine...think of cigarettes, I'd light one up every 30 mins just because my brain thought i needed to...why you think that was? nicotine? no...reinforcement chemicals...**** big tobacco companies and **** the government officials trying to regulate it back to that.

here here!!

well there ya go.

having smoked analogs for close to 40 years i switched to ecigs because of health related issues and cost.

minnesota just bumped the taxes again and in three months cigars and those packs of cigaette sized cigars

are going to get hit.its now about 7.50 to 8.50 a pack here.

not counting initial cost i've reduced my cost per pack equivalent to 66 cents.

seeing i cant afford insurence and having been a 2 pack a day smoker i could have used the savings to

get some kind of insurence,but alas after the goverment gets done i fear the worst.

now when obama care kicks in i'll be forced to buy insurence i cant afford plus a 50% premium

for using ecigs as the fda considers them the same as analogs for this purpose.

this has allways been about money,more money,and did i mention money?

beaware that the rate of lung cancer is increasing.

not amoung smokers,but non smokers and persons that never were exposed to smokers.

makes you wonder.

just saying,regards

mike