Best starter RBA for the price!

IMEDICx90

I have been looking at them recently... and i know Uma has said its not for newer users... but i cant help myself! anything i can replace or rebuild myself... i usually do it. SO! my question is what is the best RBA to start with... but i also dont want to jump into the 200 dollar RBA's either. I have been looking at the ATA T Plus Genesis RBA nad the Vision Eternity RBA. Both are comparable in price and both have good reviews as far as i can see... i just dont want to make a hasty decision and buy a piece of junk. so if anyone has a link to something or a thread that addresses this or just an opinion i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks guys!

God Bless,

Medic

Ohhhh fun!!! I can't wait til Canadian Exotic and the others see this thread! We caught a live one Martha!!! :D

All kidding aside, good for you, and welcome to the club. :)

There are so many new affordable ones coming out weekly, it's hard to keep up. Fortunately, they are affordable enough to try another if one size/style/setup doesn't quite suit you.

The two you've chosen to start with, should be just fine. Good choices!

Another one to consider is the Richman RBA, ...it's huge and heavy, but pretty and as far as I know it is easy to set up. I have one, but haven't set it up yet... because it's so huge, and heavy ... lol.

But, I'm used to the smaller ones, like my mini Did and stuff. The Richman is the size of my Roller, except heavier, lots of room for knuckles to work in. I'm sure there's a video on youtube by now, and I would suggest watching a few to see if it's for you or not.

Oh cool, here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG11YBX2o3Y

I'll let CE tell ya about the RSST :)

And the others about the others.

The ones you chose are great! I tossed in the Richman, because it's a lot like the AGA-T-+ but better. Lots of improvements actually. Oh, and because it's a 22mm size, meaning it looks like it was built with your avg mod in mind.. making it look like a Hybrid. Mine cost 30 bucks, shipped from Hawaii. Fast shipping too, only took a few days.

Here's the RichmanVapors site.

I'm sure he'll be back in stock soon. Be sure to click on the "Notify me when back in stock" link, that's under the price info.

Even though it's heavy, it looks sweet on my Mods. :) I'll get used to the weight, I know I will. If I don't get along with it though, I'll for sure keep you in mind.

Gee thanks! I just placed an order for 4 pyrex tanks for it lol. Now I will need a Robotic arm to lift it lol. But, I'm looking forward to using MadMurdocks special mix in a glass tank. (citrus, plus bright green). (vaporwatch)

I agree, can't go wrong with the AGA-T-+ ... and there are lots of helpers to help you with their quirks or with the learning curves.

What did you do? You made me go back to their site for a price check and I ended up noticing they had pyrex tanks in...

I'm gonna have hubby drill the wickhole out in mine, it is too small.

SWEEEET FIND!!!! i'm so behind in all the new things coming out. (been drooling over things like the Pandora, Prometey, Nahual,).

New styling even... looks fantastic!!

I want one.

Did you get it yet? Please update as soon as you set er up. Is it easier? Is the wickhole the same size or did they increase? Great price for titanium, and glass too... Loving it.

OK now hear this: Rixter, you're now the official Clone shopping guidance counselor. :)

Since Uma is "twisting my arm" to do so....LOL :p

You can't go wrong with a RSST. For the money, ease of setup, and how comparatively little time spent troubleshooting, there is no better "Beginner" Genny out there.

TBH, the RSST is more of a confidence-builder when it comes to Genesis attys. The wick hole is insulated, and located "miles away" from the positive and negative posts, giving the user plenty of room to work with little fear of shorting out your build. In addition to the insulated wick hole, the tank bottom is sealed, ensuring you won't accidentally bottom out your wick.

The only issue I've had with leaking was when I removed the fill plug, and put the unit in my pocket. This is because the fill hole is located in a bad spot should you ever lose, or decide to remove the plug. So, you need to either get your wick to work right and not lose the plug, or leave your RSST at home.

Honestly, I've been looking at getting an AGA-T series. My buddy has one, and its a pretty sweet little performance machine. If you can set one of those up, you can set up ANY Genny out there.

Oh....forgot to mention my two biggest peeves with the RSST:

1) The airhole.... 1mm is just too tight!!! Some people may like that kind of draw, but these things are not a ViVi Nova on an eGo. You have to hit them differently, otherwise you will kill any potential for vapor production.

I drilled mine out to 1/16th of an inch (about 1.5 - 1.6 mm), which is still a bit tight for me. However, my RSST is my daily driver, and not my cloud machine, LOL!!!

2) Unlike the AC9 (from which the unit is cloned), the RSST does not have an angled top. From what I understand, this angled top improves flavor and vapor production. Though this improvement may only be at a slight, it is enough for other people to make a huge deal about on that "other" forum.....and therefore, deserves a small mention in the interest of keeping the user informed.

Since Uma is "twisting my arm" to do so....LOL :p

You can't go wrong with a RSST. For the money, ease of setup, and how comparatively little time spent troubleshooting, there is no better "Beginner" Genny out there.

TBH, the RSST is more of a confidence-builder when it comes to Genesis attys. The wick hole is insulated, and located "miles away" from the positive and negative posts, giving the user plenty of room to work with little fear of shorting out your build. In addition to the insulated wick hole, the tank bottom is sealed, ensuring you won't accidentally bottom out your wick.

The only issue I've had with leaking was when I removed the fill plug, and put the unit in my pocket. This is because the fill hole is located in a bad spot should you ever lose, or decide to remove the plug. So, you need to either get your wick to work right and not lose the plug, or leave your RSST at home.

Honestly, I've been looking at getting an AGA-T series. My buddy has one, and its a pretty sweet little performance machine. If you can set one of those up, you can set up ANY Genny out there.

I have both devices (both are great RBAs) and I can tell you that in a side by side comparison, the Youde AGA-T is the winner...not by much, but there is a noticeable difference. Also, the SmokTech RSST leaks a little juice into the connection area and the AGA-T does not.

Edited by Rixter

Forgot about that center post leaking issue (derp). For me, it leaks so little anyways when compared to the old clearomizer / eGo setup. Besides, I got so used to cleaning my 510 connection daily with that old setup, that I don't think twice about it with my RSST.

Great comparison review CE, thanks!!! I still aim to pick up an RSST, I'm a huge flavor nut, yet I keep getting distracted. arrgh.

You and Rixter get to battle it out for comparison reviews now. duel! :) You're both great at recognizing the pros and cons of each that you've worked with.

I wonder where's Danpio and MSE are ... quiet as clams these past few weeks... must be busy trying all the new clones and various ways to wick and coil I betcha.

Oh, btw, The Richman's wickhole needs drilling out, it's so tiny for such a huge base. Whatzup widat? argh. I still haven't set it up to see if it's difficult for my me personally or not. (I wrap the wick, insert into wickhole, and then tie off the ends). I'll have hubby drill it out once he finds his bit.

Awww, shucks...thanks Uma!!! :p

If I weren't so broke all the time, I'd have a few more pieces of gear to review. I guess that's what I get for going back to school so late in life.....(engineering major, BTW).

But, hey....at least I can make use of my education by spending what free time I have figuring out how to make my $$$ stretch, while eyeing all the big-boy toys, LOL!!!

I know right, CE, me too. I'd have all of them under my belt, too, if I could. (curiosity and all that).

Medic, the IGO-L is another good one for RDA's. Big and roomy to work in as well. There is a new IGO-W out too, that might be of interest. (I know you love options, admit it! :D

lol yes i do. :) i saw this rebuildable atomizer that is an RDA and a RBA.... it has a tank and a dripping set up. lol! i might just buy that one and be able to sample both worlds at the same time and then move on from there.

If you're talking about the AGI, my advice would be to wait on that until you have experience with both a Genny and a RDA under your belt.

The unit, while a good idea, is fundamentally flawed. Being as these "all-in-wonder" units are new to the world of RBA's, the technology still has a few bugs to work out.

For a beginner who has never touched a Genny, it would be a good idea to have a solid base understanding of what you're dealing with before working with something that hasn't had the time to work out the kinks in the technology.

If you're talking about the AGI, my advice would be to wait on that until you have experience with both a Genny and a RDA under your belt.

The unit, while a good idea, is fundamentally flawed. Being as these "all-in-wonder" units are new to the world of RBA's, the technology still has a few bugs to work out.

For a beginner who has never touched a Genny, it would be a good idea to have a solid base understanding of what you're dealing with before working with something that hasn't had the time to work out the kinks in the technology.

ok fair enough. i bought this one since my current setup at home is dripping and i only use the tanks when im at work. :)

http://www.Empiremods.com/product_p/igow.htm

Right on! The IGO-W is rumored to be quite nice plus it gives the option of dual coils or single. (ha! I took the time to read the description this time around lol). Very nice. I'm sure you'll love it, and there are tons of tutorials out there for those.

While I'm here, and I'm still stuck on that heavy Richman, I thought I'd share something I just this minute learned. Here goes:

"the v1 which is only available if you get second-hand has a 2.5mm (same as the AGA). The v2 which will be the ones going up for sale in the next several weeks will be 3mm. No drilling necessary." quoted from an ape faced avatar guy on another forum. I hope he's right!