Vodka wash

When I clean all my components with vodka most parts I let soak overnight. Does anyone reuse the vodka for cleaning later? As of right now I use it to clean or when I change flavors but I just pour it down the drain. I have thought about reusing it but didn't think it would work as well since it would already have nic, pg, vg and flavors diluted in the used stuff.

You betcha, until the vodka discolors, I consider it reusable. :) I have no idea if this is correct or not, but so far no bad germs.

I repurpose a Mrs. Dash seasoning shaker for cleaning the small parts like drip tips. Because of the shaker holes, I can pour out the vodka into a cup without loosing my goodies down the drain. The lid will twist off, to get the goodies in and out of it.

Rince in HOT Water! Then Cold~ Sure works well for me! :yes

I used to do that until I tried the vodka wash, it removes previous flavors much better than water alone and no you don't taste vodka. If I tasted vodka I would use whiskey instead being I prefer american honey over any other alcohol.

Alcohol will kill most (if not all) of germs/coodies that might be left over. If you really want to make sure its not contaminated....use everclear....kills everything (and probably some things we don't know about). The bits of nicotine, PG etc shouldn't hurt the next few cleans.

LOL, surely not the cheap vodka that we use for cleaning. (I use UV for this, tastes like kerosene lol). I can't imagine wanting to drink much of that stuff! For those who might have that issue though, there are other solutions, like an UltraSonic cleaner or hot sudsy bath & sun baked dry or ...

I use Vodka for spritzing the air even, works nicer than Febreeze and without the febreeze smells.

For lemonaide and hot chocolate, I much prefer a few dollaps of cherry flavored Grey Goose Vodka. :)

Vodka in hot chocolate? Heavens no. And don't go knocking cheap vodka. That's my poison and what i prefer. I used to drink McCormick straight from the bottle warm. Honestly prefer the taste over something like grey goose or kettle 1.

I only order expensive vodka when i'm at a fancy restaurant and i don't want to make the lady feel too embarassed about being seen with me lol. And even then only ever on the rocks. No mixers.

But i digress, this was about vodka's cleaning uses wasn't it lol?

I am going to be doing a Makers Mark wash about 6pm at the third attempt to go to the fireworks on the water we do every year that has been postponed twice due to the almost impossible to believe rainfall we have had the last week. Just over 6" at my house (I know TWSS)

Everyone that boats with us were pissed lol. I was kinda happy because I get off at 5 today and don't have to be back in till 10:30 Wednesday so here we go with my 3rd weekend in a week! There are usually 500-600boats there, I would bet there will not be more than 50 this year.

Nice you can get a primo spot!

Yea not trying to hijack the thread even further, but we had a primo spot Saturday lol. Friends took our boat out and tied it up with them Saturday right by the markers that say "No closer than this" to the spot they fire them. It started raining about 3 and by the time I got off work at 6 it had rained over 2 inches with another 3 coming after I got off. I parked and swam out to my boat and brought it in to the marina lol. They were all like WTF? Of course within an hour the rest came in once they announced the fireworks were rescheduled so we just drank all night at the marina. There are worse things to do than drinkin in the rain under a roof.

Edited by bcartervol98