where do you vape?

I'm still hesitant to vape indoors. At bars I can get away with it since they are more or less familiar with eCigs now. However, I still step outside if I'm anywhere outside of my house / car / residences of vapor-friendly people.

That's the beauty of E-cigarettes. You can have it anywhere anytime and with anyone, coz it'll not going to harm anyone. You can get addicted to E-cigarette at certain extent but you won't get hurt.

We don't know that yet....

I once saw an old Camel cigarette advertisement from the 1950's that read, "More Doctors Smoke Camel Cigarettes Than Any Other Brand."

Even though all studies done thus far have yielded encouraging results, we need to remember that Vaping is still a relatively new thing. And, just like that Camel ad, we will not know the full extent of the damage Vaping can cause to the human body for at least a couple generations out.

We don't know that yet....

I once saw an old Camel cigarette advertisement from the 1950's that read, "More Doctors Smoke Camel Cigarettes Than Any Other Brand."

Even though all studies done thus far have yielded encouraging results, we need to remember that Vaping is still a relatively new thing. And, just like that Camel ad, we will not know the full extent of the damage Vaping can cause to the human body for at least a couple generations out.

I have to agree with this, although at the dealership I run we sell to a lot of doctors and unfortunately I had a hospital stay and every doctor so far I have spoken with say it should be infinitely better than smoking although the healthiest thing to do would be neither. I have read several studies that show there is no second hand ill effect from vaping, so that makes me feel a lot better. My son, who is 8, no longer coughs. We didnt smoke in the car with him or in our house, but now we vape about anywhere. Knowing there is no second hand problems for people I am around is a great thing for me, and a huge motivating factor for me to stay off the analogs. Its a lot about my health but just as much about the health of those around me.

Normally I follow the smoking ban, if the place is non smoking I go outside or ask to speak to the manager and ask if it's ok to vape. I haven't had one bar turn me down but have never asked in a resturant, then I usually go outside. Anywhere outdoors to me is free game unless it's a sporting event which in most cases is non smoking.

I tried eating in a restaurant today to cure my hangover and the manager was puffing on his pv at the counter. So I decided I can puff on mine. We ended up chatting a few minutes about how long we have not been using analogs and how much better we feel and food tastes and smells better.

Normally I follow the smoking ban, if the place is non smoking I go outside or ask to speak to the manager and ask if it's ok to vape. I haven't had one bar turn me down but have never asked in a resturant, then I usually go outside. Anywhere outdoors to me is free game unless it's a sporting event which in most cases is non smoking.

I agree, although I will 100% step into the restroom and vape in a "non smoking" venue. There is very little to no downside. Same with airports and airplanes. Since there is no lingering smoke, very little noticeable smell, and no way to get "caught" I have no problem stepping to the bathroom to vape. It has made eating out a ton more enjoyable since now I am not breaking my wrist to pay my check the moment we have finished waiting to get outside to have a smoke. I now can hit the bathroom, vape a few pulls, and enjoy that after dinner drink.

I've only run into one "non-vaping" establishment. There was a computer gaming LAN at Red Lion at the Quay in Vancouver, WA. The guy that organizes the LAN called ahead and asked the management if vaping was allowed, since there are so many of us in the gaming communities that have switched to vaping. The answer was that they don't want it inside. However, I feel that they made this judgment without understanding what vaping is. I really don't think they realized that it isn't smoking. But that is the only time I've ever been told that I have to go outside to vape. Here in the Portland metro area, eCigs are so common place now that nobody seems to even say anything. And if they do, it's never negative.

I've only run into one "non-vaping" establishment.  There was a computer gaming LAN at Red Lion at the Quay in Vancouver, WA.  The guy that organizes the LAN called ahead and asked the management if vaping was allowed, since there are so many of us in the gaming communities that have switched to vaping.  The answer was that they don't want it inside.  However, I feel that they made this judgment without understanding what vaping is.  I really don't think they realized that it isn't smoking.  But that is the only time I've ever been told that I have to go outside to vape.  Here in the Portland metro area, eCigs are so common place now that nobody seems to even say anything.  And if they do, it's never negative.

Woah....you're in P-town also??? Good to see a fellow NW vaper on here!!

Then why the serious lack of vape meets over this way?? Why can't the West Coast have events like the VapeBash and Vapor Con events on the East Coast???

That's a good question. It seems that eCigs are all over the place up here, though. Amazingly enough, I found that they've taken over in the Hermiston and Tri-Cities area. We were in the Walmart in Hermiston and they literally have an entire check stand setup with nothing but eCigs. Unfortunately, they were all the "over the counter" brands, but I was impressed that a small "farming" type community would embrace them so readily.

Nothing unfortunate about "store-brand" e-cigs....especially in a podunk little place like Hermiston. What starts as over the counter disposables eventually turns into mods and rebuildables. Ultimately, keeping people off traditional tobacco cigarettes is the result we want to see.

Here in Oregon, I've noticed a huge increase in e-cig use and acceptance in the last three months. We even got our first vapor lounge!!! Six months ago, when I started Vaping, the presence wasn't near what it is today. Hopefully, it will increase in the next year to where we will get our Vapor Con NW!!! :yes:

Nothing unfortunate about "store-brand" e-cigs....especially in a podunk little place like Hermiston. What starts as over the counter disposables eventually turns into mods and rebuildables. Ultimately, keeping people off traditional tobacco cigarettes is the result we want to see.

Here in Oregon, I've noticed a huge increase in e-cig use and acceptance in the last three months. We even got our first vapor lounge!!! Six months ago, when I started Vaping, the presence wasn't near what it is today. Hopefully, it will increase in the next year to where we will get our Vapor Con NW!!! :yes:

Really? We got a Vapor Lounge? Where is that located at!? I'm in Gresham...

Really? We got a Vapor Lounge? Where is that located at!? I'm in Gresham...
Right on.....I live in SE. Escape Vapors (I think that's the name) is located on NE 82nd ave. right by Madison High School. They're on Facebook. If you have one, get added to the VapOregon group while you're at it!!! Edited by CascadianExotics

My hubby and I went out today and vaped in a restaurant, the mall, and then a movie theatre 😄No one said a word to us or complained. It was awesome!

Yes it is, not to mention the variety of flavors best the taste of a analog any day.

The only place I haven't vaped is in the movie theater as I have kind of noticed the smoke clouds are just as annoyingly distracting as a cell phone. If your in there by yourself I don't see why you couldn't. Just figure I don't like being distracted while watching a movie so I don't want to make a distraction for somebody else.

I am thinking about going to see the New Movie with Johnny Depp! And this Movie Place is ~Posh~ I am wondering since it is Tonto~ Native American Johnny Depp~ I am going to Vape while I watch the movie! Now that will be a Post for sure! I will let all of you know how that goes! It has been so long since I have gone to a Movie place! Oh my! Going to see what happeneds! :pirate: Savey!