Tired of CE4s Dieing On Me... Want to Switch to Vivi Nova

I suspect if you are killing off CE4's at an alarming rate you will just end up killing Nova elements as well. I would revisit the eliquid isle first.Are you using high voltage? That will do it as well ,especially with low resistance. Most all the devices out there will produce very good vapor and reasonable lifespans as they are basically made of the same components.

I use a pretty standard Ego, not sure what the resistance is, but its not that kind you can adjust. I vape about half .8ml (half a ce4) a day. I only take a couple puffs at a time being careful not to make the thing go hot.

Edited by KimJongUn

Might be your juice. I can't imagine it's your battery as it's not a variable voltage. What is the PG/VG ratio of the e-liquid you're using? Too much VG and it could clog your wicks. Nearly all of my CE4s last at least 2 - 4 weeks unless I get a bad one but that's pretty rare.

Edited by Tameiki

There are LOTS of reasons the CE4s may be dying on you... most of them don't require a new delivery system. That being said, CE4s are a lot more fussy about your vaping habits in my experience than the Vision Vivi Nova/STV Nova tank systems. And I should probably also add you shouldn't bargain bin on CE4s because those China no name knockoffs that are like $1.30 a pop have VERY inconsistent resistances in my experience and usually sport lower ohms than they are actually listed as having (blame this on poor quality control). I've also found the Vivi Nova heads last me much longer than any clearomizer ever dreamed... usually about 4wks minimum.

The best help you can have on making sure you get the real Vision Vivi Nova tank system is to know what the packaging and heads look like, since any posted links we give you may be sold out by the time you want to buy (the Vision Vivi Novas are probably the most popular tank systems at this time). The imitations look similar, but not similar enough to be exactly the same.

www.rookwinkel.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/640x640/331cb11b4a95548e0a36f66d768b110c/v/i/vision-mini-vivi-nova_1.jpg

www.stevevape.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/vivi-nova-title.jpg

www.flavour-liquids.de/bilder/produkte/gross/VISION-Vivi-Nova-V3.jpg

Fake Visions:

image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00pefEBWgUOkcv/High-Quality-Vaporizer-Vision-Vivi-Nova.jpg

www.cig.co.il/images/watermarked/detailed/0/Mini-vivi-nova-.jpg

i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/017/217/473/473217017_742.JPG

Pay close attention to what the heads look like in the images. This will be your BIGGEST tip off on whether or not a Vivi Nova is the real deal:

Fake:

http://images.vapouriz.com/1/1347017665_6.jpg

intellivap.com/175-582-thickbox/resistances-pour-vivi-nova-vision-v3.jpg

Real:

www.sunshine-vapor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/coil_head.jpg

Notes to make about the genuine Vivi Novas:

- The box will always be black with Vision in white and the red stripes above the V in Vision.

- The box is high quality and well printed... there will be no ink smudges, smears, or drips/leaks in the printed Vision logo

- THERE ARE NO V3 VISIONS YET. THEY'RE AT V2.5. ANY VENDOR CLAIMING TO HAVE V3 VISION VIVI NOVA TANKS IS SELLING CLONES or V2.5 AND IS RIPPING THEIR CUSTOMERS OFF ON THEM.

- The heads ALWAYS have a silicone gasket that is tubular and has no top (i.e. completely like a tube with no ends). The ones with solid silicone ends are for the original Vivi Novas I *think*, but you're looking for the latest version, the 2.5

- There will be a round and flat topped metal gasket piece that sits recessed and loose inside the silicone gasket... it will NEVER be cone shaped in any way, shape, or form... nor will it rise above the silicone gasket, for the silicone gasket is above that metal piece to provide a seal to the top cap so it provides leak proof vaping. Any head that has the metal piece placed even slightly above the silicone gasket WILL NOT PREVENT LEAKS

- The heads all have their ohm ratings etched in to the side... not painted, printed, or even stickered

I would not recommend buying any Vivi Nova tanks online when the pictures do not display the heads clearly enough for you to tell if they're genuine Vision heads, even if the box looks genuine.

Last, I'm going to link you to a store I use frequently that sells the real deal with free shipping. I can't guarantee they'll be in stock, but a link never hurts. ;)

http://www.vaporbeast.com/product-p/c28.htm

And if you find them cheaper elsewhere and are in doubt about whether they're genuine, post the link here and I'm sure any of us members that have the genuine tanks will be able to help you out. :)

Edited by xladybugx

Thanks for the info. Now that I know how to differentiate the real ones from the fake ones, I realize there's a lot of places online that sells the fake ones.

Indeed... which is why I felt the urge to give that info out. I'm very glad you found it useful! :)

I went to a vape store and got a real Vivi Nova and some quality liquid(60/40)(12mg), and I'm getting less vapor when I exhale than when I was using CE4s. Is it because Vivi Novas require a stronger unit to produce more vapor? I'm not really understanding the electrical things about vaping. I use a nonadjustable Ego.

Edit: Thinking about upgrading to a Vision Spinner. How much volts would the Vivi Novas be able to withstand?

Edited by KimJongUn

First of all, does the juice you got contain more or less VG than the juice you normally buy?

What is the ohm rating of the head you're using?

The voltage the Vivi Novas can stand depends on the ohm rating of the head you're using in them.

I figured out the issue. My ego isn't producing enough volts because the resistance on the mini nova is at 2.4. If I i switch it to 1.8 it should be fine, but now I have another question. Can I reuse this 2.4 ohm later when I get my Vision Twister or does it go bad if its used?

I figured out the issue. My ego isn't producing enough volts because the resistance on the mini nova is at 2.4. If I i switch it to 1.8 it should be fine, but now I have another question. Can I reuse this 2.4 ohm later when I get my Vision Twister or does it go bad if its used?

I'd wash it off and let it air dry. Then, when you get a Spinner or any other variable voltage battery you can reuse it again. :)

I tried to transfer the remaining liquid in to another small container, but as I unscrewed it, all the liquid spilled on my lap... :wallbash: Now I smell real fruity. After changing it to 1.8, I'm getting a lot more vapor. Thanks for the response!

I tried to transfer the remaining liquid in to another small container, but as I unscrewed it, all the liquid spilled on my lap... :wallbash: Now I smell real fruity. After changing it to 1.8, I'm getting a lot more vapor. Thanks for the response!

Don't feel bad, I'm sure most of us have had the same thing happen to us at one time or another. I know I've certainly worn more than my fair share of e-juice. You should change the pants so the nicotine doesn't get absorbed through your skin.

Just a note... make sure once the head is dry from rinsing that you put it back in one of those silicone caps. Helps protect the coil from the corrosion that happens normally over time from humidity in the air, which if left unused for too long will cause the ohm rating to drop and eventually render it unusable.

LOL... if only I had $1 for every time I've ended up covered in juice... especially when I was getting used to my carto tank, which spills its contents every time it slides up. ;)

Oh, also... to get more vapor, use a blend that has more VG in it. VG is what creates the vapor and since you went up in PG content with your juice it may have also been contributing to less vapor. PG provides more flavor and throat hit... VG creates more vapor and a smoother vape (less throat hit). You can always expect a decrease in vapor production when you bump up the PG in your juice.