Kanger T2 Burned Taste

Ok after about 2 weeks of use I think I have gone through my first atomizer heads on my Kanger T2 on two of my tanks. There is a distinct burned taste and the liquid is much darker in the clearo than when I first put it in. I am having to lower my voltage in order to resolve this short term. I have a few questions:

I have a bunch of T2s. After I discard the atomizer head and remaining burned tasting liquid from the tank should I soak the old tank in alcohol overnight and use a new one, then put a new atomizer on the old T2 after it dries the next time I need a change? Is it OK to wash it out, blow out the excess water, install a new head, and vape away on the same tank? Is the darkness of the liquid, easily twice as dark as when I put it in, a good indicator it is time to change the head?

I had this image that it would be better to just screw on a new T2, soak and sanitize the old one, and then put a new head wick assembly on the old one the next time I need to change.

I also read on another forum that people wash the wicks before using them. I have never seen that here. Do any of you do this on new heads?

Once a coil either stops working, tastes burnt or starts to consistently be harder to draw from -- it's time to change the coil to a new one. I take out the old coil, dump the juice if it's dark (if it's not super dark I just leave it and/or top it off with new juice), screw in the new coil, wait just a bit for the wick to soak up the juice and vape.

If the juice is really dark then I dump the juice, rinse the tank, let dry overnight, refill, screw in a new coil and vape after waiting a few minutes.

I've never rinsed wicks before using but it might not be bad, just never saw a reason to do it. :)

I always rinse/ soak my heads of in hot water whenever I notice a change in the flavor. I get about 4-6 weeks on average per head. I've been using the same one on my Vivi Nova for over 2 months, and u vape that pretty hard. But I also have a very light colored juice in it (Ecto Cooler).

I use all T-2s. I like to rinse the wicks, pat with paper towell and let dry, if I'm going to change flavors. Unless I'm in a hurry. Only had one change the color of the juice. Changed the coil, their cheap. That's why I like them.

I have learned to always do what Tam does...hee hee....

With vaping? Maybe. Other stuff? You'd probably be much happier not to always do what Tam does. Tam tends to do silly things that don't make any sense at all otherwise. :lol: