Vaping to quit or Vaping to substitute

Wondering how many people have the attitude that they are vaping to eventually stop the intake of nicotine and quit all together vs. how many are choosing to vape as a healthier alternative to analogs without the desire to ever quit.

I started vaping with the intentions of just vaping at work and smoking in the free world.Then I lost my desire to smoke altogether.I use low and no nicotine liquids and I am pretty confident if something were to drive the price up I could quit vaping without much trouble.

I'm pretty sure i will eventually quit vaping but it's a little too soon for me to commit absolutely. I can say for sure I will drop my nic levels as I progress. I still need my 24 in the morning but then I vape during the day on 18 - 12. Sometimes i need to go back to 24. There something about it that just has a hold. Iexpect this to be a process that could take a while.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved smoking! I just hated all of the health risks that came along with it. I will probably never stop vaping all together. Although, I may eventually wean myself off to low nic or no nic, but only time will tell..

Hmmm... small inaccuracy in this poll I would like to see differentiated personally. How many people that are quitting nic are going to keep on vaping?

Personally, I am in it to quit nic all together, but since being exposed to the community and hobby, never plan on quitting vaping itself... just want to use 0mg juice at the end.

Geez, I wish I had known/tried ecigs 10 years ago, I much prefer it to analogs. Plus not smelling like a skunk all the time, can vape in the house around the kids, not have to stand outside freezing/roasting, and workplace doesn't allow smoking on campus anymore. I've also lost 15 pounds since vaping (started in March 2013), who else can say that quitting analogs? They are also up to $7+ per pack!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My goal is to be nic free. I'm currently at 6mg and ready to drop to 3mg as soon as I finish my juice in stock.

I actually tried 0mg for a day (had to bum from a friend) when I got stranded somewhere else without my supply.

It wasn't that bad. It took about 8-10 hrs before withdrawals kicked in

I read my post from may 2013 - lol. Seems like a life time ago.

Well here I am today mostly doing 3mg. I still keep a 6mg around here somewhere. These days I buy all my juices in 6 and 0 and mix to make 3. Going pretty well. I can say there was a time when nothing below 24 would do it. Now, my tolerance is low and 6 kicks my butt, lol. But I'm happy about it.

I started vaping to quit smoking and it worked. But there's still that "hand to mouth" motion of smoking that I cant seem to shake, and vaping takes care of that. Last night I tried a juice that was really close to actual analogs and it reminded me why I don't smoke anymore....It was nasty and choked me. I think it was from NiQuid and was called Midnight?

personally wanted to quit everything and went on a healthy lifestyle rampage... smoking was the last thing on the list(should of been the first but wtv!

But now that I see how it is and understand a little more of what im actualy taking in... i doubt I will ever stop... although its too early to put a definitive answer to be honest. kindof like how drinking is bad for you but.. in moderation you can enjoy yourself responsibly.

I started vaping recently because for some reason this summer I couldn't stand the taste, smell,or price of cigs anymore.

Right now I have a 18mg rootbeer, a 12mg strawberry custard, and a 10mg kiwi custard.

Hopefully I can bring those levels down on my next juice order and eventually to 0mg.

I've really enjoyed the tastes, overal quality of life improvements, and generally like tinkering with things, but I'm not sure if I want to get to involved in the hobby side of vaping if my intent is eventually quitting for good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...