Pre Filled Cartomizers

They are out there and you can use prefilled carto's for the 510.They don't last long and are not cost effective.Most use Vivi Nova's or some other sort of tank so as to have more vape time and less fussing time.

I suppose it really doesn't make sense since I know how to fill my own cartomizers with e-liquid so I'm just paying someone else to do it for me. Thought it might be nice when you are in a hurry to grab a few and go. Adding e-liquid on top of a pre-filled cartomizer probably doesn't work well either.

I suppose it really doesn't make sense since I know how to fill my own cartomizers with e-liquid so I'm just paying someone else to do it for me. Thought it might be nice when you are in a hurry to grab a few and go. Adding e-liquid on top of a pre-filled cartomizer probably doesn't work well either.

why not just fill some cartos when you're just sitting around and put the little rubber condoms back on and you're good to go.

Also, you can refill your cartos as long as you keep the flavors some what close. I wouldn't suggest starting off with say a peach flavor and then try to add a coffee or something. may take it a while till you can taste the change.

A refillable cartomiser can last 3 to 7 days and some people use them longer.You can refill the prefilled ones by the condom method or with a syringe but it is a pain,way easier to remove the plug and drip it in.Filling several in advance is a good plan.I just carry a bottle of liquid with me and I use a drip tip .

I like using the cartos - but, I'm wondering why some of them (especially the boge) are so difficult to fill with the drip method. I recently got a bunch of the boge cartomizers (had previously been using the cartos for the kr808) and the liquid just seems to sit on the top of the filler. I really have to spend a LOT of time fiddling with these - poking and prodding with a toothpick to get the liquid to absorb. And even then, it takes forever till I get a decent flavor hit. Am I doing something wrong? I figure it Must be me since I'm still pretty new at this! Any tips would be SO welcome...

I like using the cartos - but, I'm wondering why some of them (especially the boge) are so difficult to fill with the drip method. I recently got a bunch of the boge cartomizers (had previously been using the cartos for the kr808) and the liquid just seems to sit on the top of the filler. I really have to spend a LOT of time fiddling with these - poking and prodding with a toothpick to get the liquid to absorb. And even then, it takes forever till I get a decent flavor hit. Am I doing something wrong? I figure it Must be me since I'm still pretty new at this! Any tips would be SO welcome...
Take one of the rubber condoms they are packaged with on the ends. Fill up one and slide the bottom of the Carto into it. Then squeeze the rubber a bunch of times the liquid will absorb nicely into the filler material.

Ok. I'm trying this now and the liquid is only partially absorbed. Does it take all day for it to soak in??? When I squeeze the rubber, it just bubbles up to the top and then falls back down into the condom. I always thought I was pretty smart (at least smart enough to figure out a lot of things) but this process has humbled me...

Ok. I'm trying this now and the liquid is only partially absorbed. Does it take all day for it to soak in??? When I squeeze the rubber, it just bubbles up to the top and then falls back down into the condom. I always thought I was pretty smart (at least smart enough to figure out a lot of things) but this process has humbled me...
Hmm, what cartos you using? Also it can take a bit but most of the liquid should absorb. Not all day. It might not all absorb but if you see a lot of it absorbed you should be good. Edited by Afallucco

There was some controversy about counterfit Boge carto's,I think they just got overwhelmed with success and had to use another manufacturer to help keep up.I have had some lately that take quite some time to soak in but after you get them wet the first time they seem to be ok.Just takes a little more time and patience.I would imagine high VG liquids could be a nightmare .

The ones I'm having trouble with are some Boge cartos that I got on sale - hmmmmm. Maybe they were on sale for a reason : (

Anyway, thanks for your help and suggestions. I have one carto that is almost ready!

• 3 weeks later...

NicaPure sells a device called a CartoBlast/ CartoJet that allows you to clean and re-fill pre-filled cartos. It is basically some tubes and a syringe. You use distilled water that you suck in and out of it , and then air that you suck in and out of it to clean. You add another tube, stick it in your bottle of juice suck it up through your carto, push it back through. Voila, you dont even have to take the little cap off. The only drawback is you can probably make your own for a lot cheaper

The condom method is simply the most straightforward way to fill a carto. I take both condoms off, remove the top plug. Fill the larger condom about 85% full. I insert the threaded end into the condom full of juice. I hold my finger over the top and push down all the way. I usually let this sit for about 3-5 minutes. I take the condom off and fill about halfway. I flip the carto over and insert the top into the condom. I let it sit again for a few min. I pull it off, blow out the center, wipe it down and there ya go. Should take less than 10 minutes, probably 5 if you're in a hurry. Never fails.

• 2 weeks later...

When I fill a brand new blank carto I put 3-4 drops in. If they sit on the top and don't absorb, I "pack" the carto like a pack of analogs. I drop/smack it on the table and the liquid goes right into the wool (centrifugal force I guess). I continue to put 3-4 drops in then "pack" again until it's filled. It usually only takes a single pack or two to get 3-4 droplets into the material. I tried using the condom method and it just seemed to be more of a hassle and mess.

It never hurts to have a few pkgs of prefilled cartos at the ready, not only for self on a chaotic day/week, but also for the curious who might want to try out your vape experience to see if it's for them or not before they buy.

EcigXpress.com has a nice selection of prefilled cartos. I really like their Honey Flu Cured Tobacco n the prefilled, but you might detest it, we are all such different individuals! They have a nice line of tasty juices too. They also sell the liquid for refills.

Refills are easy to do. I use to refill all my empties once a week while watching a tv show.

(I hardly ever use carto's anymore, have moved on to other delivery systems, but I would still do it this way if I still did it).

Good luck!

Oh! and just remember that sometimes, the prefilled cartos will last 3-6 hours, and sometimes they only last an hour. You'll need backups for your backups. :)

I bet you are making the same mistake I made in the beginning. Most of those prefilled cartos have a little silicone ring on top of the filling material. Once I realized that (mine was a BLU) I just also popped out the little ring, and then the juice absorbed nicely

yep, the little white end caps pop right out. I use a table fork, some use a pushpin, others use tweezers. Whatever is handy.

They can be pushed back in after refilling, (tilt it like a beer so you don't get juice down the middle. if you do get juice down the middle, just blow out the excess). OR they can be replaced with a mouthpiece called a Drip Tip of your color, size, material and shape style choice, available at many vendors. This is what most of us do, because the Drip Tip is so much easier to pop on and off, plus when the right shape for your lips is found, is much more comfortable to vape on.

Ming

Whistle

Vase

yadayaada

Stainless Steel

Acrylic

Teflon

Glass

Delrin

yaadaayaaadaaa

(too many choices to list them all, due to faulty memory. Feel free to delete the yaaayaaadaa's and replace with other choices :)

Again as carter asked, why go thru all that? Why not just use a tank or ?.....

"Tanks" usually require cartomizers (exceptions being eGo T & C systems, cartomizers, and Genesis atomizers), and thus, one should know how to prime a carto....which is the same thing as filling one.

As for the original question:

What is the advantage, if any, to a carto over a clearomizer or a tank?

If my memory serves me correctly, cartos were originally designed to replace the old 3-piece (battery, cartridge, and atomizer) systems. If you're using a 510 or some other penstyle / mini battery, then the cartomizer is a good choices to provide that "seamless" look. You could also use one on a standard eGo with the cone and drip tip, or use a mega carto designed to seamlessly fit on the eGo.

Outside of the seamless look, or what they were originally designed for, a cartomizer can also be used in a tank, or on its own for convienience. Some people believe they have a less muted taste than a clearomizer. They are certainly less maintainence than a clearomizer, as you can toss them once they've ran their course. They're a lot cheaper, too.....$1.25 for a carto vs. $2.50 for a new vivi nova head.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, and what you're willing to deal with.