How to maintain & rebuild a Vivi-Mini Nova and CE4

The Vivi-Mini Nova's and the CE4 rebuildables are one the stable vaping items that always seem to generate quite a bit of discussion. Whether you Love them or hate them almost everyone seems to have at least tried them. Even vapors who tend to prefer the higher end stuff usually reveal that they have a few for when they go out and about and don't want to take any chances with their more expensive equipment. They have been out for quite a while now and have been through a few changes. But the look and ease of use have not changed. There have also been many clones made that can sometimes be hit or miss. Quite a few people have contributed to making them better trying different wick and coil combinations until they found what works for them. They have also been wiling to share their findings with the vaping community and for that I thank them.
Here is what they look like for those few that have not used or seen one.
vivi01_zps4f9e40e1.jpg
When you first buy one you might be amazed at the ease of use. Can be filled straight from the bottle (no syringes needed), they produce a lot of vapor, are super easy to disassemble and clean, And have very good flavor , for those that say the flavor is muted there are simple changes to improve that also. For those that don't like rebuilding you have that option also they sell replaceable heads in different resistance that can be bought very cheaply,screwed on refilled and go. If you like working with your hands then they can easily be rebuilt for even cheaper. It's your choice.
You may already have your routine down on how you handle your Vivi Nova's. So what follows isn't for everyone its for someone who has been using one for a while now and doesn't want to spend money on more heads or someone who wants to coax more flavor out of them. They might not know what the term dry burn means or even that you could rebuild them.
This is what works for me. I have broken it down into two parts. First is after you have already rebuilt the head and want to replace the wick either because it will no longer clean or you want to change flavors. The 2nd Part is how to recoil and rebuild the head to set it up for easy wick changes. So now you don't have to wait for the wick to dry before refilling.
As I might have mentioned before there are quite a few clones and more coming.
vivi02_zps34e84176.jpg
vivi03_zpsd708f69d.jpg
vivi04_zps6f380a22.jpg
vivi05_zps4ed4f11f.jpg
vivi06_zpsc1168ab3.jpg
vivi07_zps1cc969af.jpg
This is also how you dry burn to clean when you first get these , except you can leave the silica wick in. it won't burn the red hot coil will turn it from black back to white.
vivi08_zpsf46f651d.jpg
vivi09_zps5cac4961.jpg
vivi10_zps5cc8f71e.jpg
vivi11_zps6b5c9b7a.jpg
vivi12_zpsb9d08bcd.jpg
vivi13_zpsdfb8cf98.jpg
vivi14_zpsc5fdfba0.jpg
vivi15_zps989c9515.jpg
vivi16_zps1e0632b1.jpg
vivi17_zps0ca5552d.jpg
vivi18_zpsb06df450.jpg
vivi19_zps57095d99.jpg
Part 2
vivi20_zpsa285c7e5.jpg
vivi21_zps92c17c7a.jpg
vivi22_zpsd897e2be.jpg
vivi23_zpse35dd0d4.jpg
vivi24_zps25efadb9.jpg
vivi25_zpsc3b153fe.jpg
vivi26_zpse8c1f1c6.jpg
vivi27_zpseec60c38.jpg
vivi28_zpsf0efaec8.jpg
vivi29_zps45c8f1b6.jpg
vivi30_zps3c391ca1.jpg
vivi31_zps22a4e4a4.jpg
vivi32_zpsd27ceeda.jpg
vivi33_zps14f5d5de.jpg
vivi34_zps926cf933.jpg
vivi35_zpsf547a474.jpg
I hope that I answered more questions than I created. But if you do have any please post them.
Thank you for taking the time to read/view this.

Excellent tutorial!!! Thanks so much for this.

Your Welcome Uma. Really glad you're around this forum It seems you are one of the few who posts comments on anything I post So I thank you back for that.

haha, yeh, it gets quiet around here when everyone's off working or playing. But, they will be very appreciative to see these posts when they get back. Never underestimate the appreciation for tutorials like these.

I've just started using Vivi Novas and CE4 rebuildables. I doubt I'll ever make my own coils, but I think I could handle replacing the wicks now, thanks to your tutorials. Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...