wick flavor problems

jsr27

i had some sweet tarts flavor e liquid and tried it in my ce4 clearomizer. the liquid was in the tank for only four or five minutes tops and can still taste it with any flavor liquid i use. i have tried many times cleaning and soaking the coil and wicks with only water. is there something i can soak it in to get rid of the old flavor? thanks

Try boiling the wick in distilled water?? Make sure there are no rubber or plastic/delrin parts attached if you boil. I don't like the vinegar flavor but VG is pretty tame. And grats on your alcohol recovery. Quitting smoking and drinking, sounds like you are making some great steps in your life. Keep up the goot work!!

That's a good question, and would be fun to experiment to see just how long we can boil them for. My guess would be there is no limit, because SS is built to handle. But, I don't "know".

Most peeps boil for about 20 minutes, changing the water every 5 minutes. Scrub the SS with soap and water first, rinse thoroughly, then boil/change/boil/change (have a teapot of hot water handy or a revolving microwave bowl), and boil until you feel it's as clean as it's ever going to be.

With that said, some don't boil at all, some boil for 5 minutes, some for 20, ...

Some say that boiling oxidizes, some say it doesn't...

(oxidize is always the wrong word for what we do, but it's the only word we got for now).

15 mins on a consistent boil is the sterilization procedure using distilled water.

As long as no plastic or rubber parts (gaskets) are in there you should be fine.

Edited by ninjabat

Oh, you might need to keep the silica wicks from touching the bottom of your pot so a 'bath' (a water-filled bowl in the pot) will keep the silica away from direct heat. No guarantee on TOTAL success but it should diminish the old flavor anyway.

it works!!! :thumbup: i boiled them for 15 minutes twice making sure i cleaned the pot and the wick and used new clean water each time. absolutely no old dead flavors any more! you guys just saved me a couple of bucks for gas money. i got a gas hog vehicle and takes every pennie i make to keep it running. thanks everyone who replied to my problem. you are great! :clap::thumbup::unworthy:

• 1 month later...