Phoenix Clone RBA?

ninjabat

How to confuse a noob: show him a picture of an Igo-L and then set him loose at a Vape meet. So I got those sparkly flashes in my eyes when one of the vendors at the meet had a rebuildable in stock. You can't stay a noob forever, right?? So it was the ONLY one at the meet so I HAD to get it... Can you say 12-step program anyone?? The vendor got gang-rushed when he arrived so I had to see what was the big deal. From there proceeds my journey and my introduction to the nice people of Atomicvapors.com and the zany world of RBA's all at the same time. It looks like I got one of these: http://www.atomicvapors.com/bullet-rebuildable-atomizer/ The vendor called it a 'Phoenix Clone' when I bought it.

I got the thing home and tested the ohms on my multimeter... no reading. Took it apart and the wire was broken. So I moved the wire so it touched the post and read it at over 5 ohms. Not knowing what that means except: BAD - I figure it's time to get my feet wet. So I got this:

http://www.vaporcigzz.com/rebuild-able-atomizer-coil-p/knc-htwre-25.htm (33 Gauge) and this: http://www.vaporcigzz.com/Fiberglass-Wick-for-Atomizer-Coil-p/fib-wik.htm

Now I am typing here before heading off to watch 2.5 hours of YouTube vids from Any feedback might come in handy because I expect this journey to be a long, winding, and fuzzy one. I knew buying that multimeter would be the end of my innocence.

Way cool! Welcome to the RBA world. :)

Yours is a silica wick... man, I can't believe we forgot to add the silica wick types to the New to RBA thread lol... okay, dude, this will be your mission, should you choose to accept it. (after you're very comfortable with it all).

Youtube is your best friend. There are tons of tutorials on all the various rba's.

I haven't tried yours yet, the phoenix, but I do have an A7 that still needs tinkering with, and I have an IGO-L on the way. (it's a dripping atty, holds 20 drops or so, and is silica wick and should be great for tasting juices). I'll come to the thread to learn from ya! :)

Go gettem!!!

Igetcha69 is a great teacher, and so is AltPetServ and ... oh you'll see, there's just too many to mention!

Since I have to wait to get my wick and coil I figured I'd see what I can do with the broken coil as a temp fix. Obviously at 5ohms I had some wiggle-room on that coil. So I un-wound it a bit and (barely) got something into the *tiny* hole at the post and tightened the screw. Has 2.2ohms now and I'm vaping my first RBA. Too bad the Hazelnut juice i put in there sucks but the juice was free so... whatever. It's VERY quiet but still makes a 'pop' sound (average one pop per use), I wonder if that's normal??