Aga-T+ (Aka V2)

mse12

@Uma - I decided to give the braided (twisted) Kanthal method you described a try. Wow! The flavor boost is unbelievable, and no hot spots, either!

The resistance on my 5/4 twisted coil is a good bit lower than with untwisted 32g Kanthal (a steady 1.3Ω vs. a fluctuating 1.7 - 2.4Ω), but surprisingly, the Sigelei ZMAX doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I've been vaping with it at 9 watts for a couple of hours now, so I think we have a winner!

Thank you. I suggest every RBA user try this out.

gallery_15088_188_80417.jpg

I know...the coils look a tad loose around the wick, but it's vaping so perfectly that I ain't messin' with it!

haha, you're welcome! I have mine set up with twisted 32g too, and just love it. One of these shopping trips in the future I'll be trying it on 30g and 28g too. :)

I finally got the flat ribbon wire, but haven't yet tried it.

Your wrap looks nice, despite it being loose. There is ample space around the wickhole, all you need to do is to insert your filling needle or paperclip inside the wick and wiggle loosen the wick up a bit to tighten the wrap a bit, when/if it starts to act up on you. Leave be until then! If it's working great, it's perfect!!! (that's my motto and I stick to it!).

I'm glad you tried it!! and I'm even gladder you like it. :) It's hard to explain this to the total newbie though, who is overwhelmed with the other basic first steps as it is. The twisted wire and other methods certainly make for a wonderful surprise bonus after they're confident though. :)

(if they don't twist it with steady tension, they'll have problems. Must learn the single wire first).

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update on how things are going with my AGA-T since I finally worked out the kinks.

I replaced the plastic tank today with a Pyrex one, and after cleaning everything up, I re-fitted the wick, this time opting for one less wrap (4/3 32g x2 twisted), making it a consistent 1.1Ω. I've got in on a Telescope Mech Mod with a TrustFire 3000mAh IC protected 18650. At 4.1v fresh off the charger, I figure I'm puffin' at around 15 watts, which I didn't even think was possible with a single ultra-low resistance coil. My juices taste so much more intense now, and vapor production is phenomenal.

If you don't have an AGA-T+/2, get one...they may be cheap, but you'd never know it by how they look, feel, or perform. :thumbup:

:thumbsup: haha, this just makes my day. :) Isn't it great being self-sufficient despite whatever the world may be tossing at us at any given moment? FDA, ANTI's, TAX man, ... you name it. Y

If your flavor wanes with the twisted coil, just wrap and dangle a slice of silica rope and you're good to go again.

Flavor wanes are strange, but they happen, even with the store bought (usually vapor wanes with those the worst). At least with the RBA, we can tweak, adjust, experiment, until we're happy. Can't do that with the store bought! (but, we still need a stock pile of store bought for those awful bad RBA days that everyone goes through now and then).

• 6 months later...

Digging around I found this thread. I just got my aga -t2 in my vapemail today and having a hard time with it. I only have enough steel for one wick that came with it. I tossed the nichrome that it came with. I seem to have a very bad hot spot at the top post. When i burned the wick i put fluid on it 3 times and burned it like one of the videos. I am having a terrible time getting this to work. I can build a KPT coil like a champ with 1.8ohm every time. The center post is getting hot on me too. It is only getting the top coil to turn red and between the post and wick. I will try to play with it a little more. I cannot wait till I try some 100vg juice from medic in it when it arrives. Hope this was a good investment instead of a bad one. Just need to get things figured out.

BTW I am using this on my new evic so i have short protection and an ohm meter is one.