Vamo "gun-Metal" Finish

mse12

So as most of you know I picked up a Vamo from electronicstix a couple weeks ago. This unit was defective as the top battery tube kept falling off. Long story short they sent me a replacement and I received it yesterday. So I took it to work with me last night and all was well. I carry a duffel bag to work because I bring a change of clothes to shower in the morning at the end of my shift (very dirty work in a factory). So I make it through the entire night and the vamo is perfectly fine. At the end of the shift I toss it in my bag before I take a shower. In the pocket with this vamo are typical junk from car keys to a SAK (swiss army knife) to deodorant etc, you get the point. Well I take my shower, clock out, walk out to my truck. I vape it on the drive home and didn't even really look at it. When I get to the house I sit it on the kitchen table and notice there is a line about 5mm wide almost all the way up the device where the finish is GONE! I'm seeing bright yellow brass now where an hour before was the gun metal finish. Seriously? :wtf: It gets moved around a little in my bag and completely looses the finish?! :wallbash: So here I sit vaping my vamo, which at this point has been in my possession for all of maybe 28 hours and it is cosmetically ruined. Nice. This mod while performing well has been a royal PITA at this point. I'm about to shove it to the bottom of my vape box for use as a backup. Not happy with this pv at this point. Sorry for the rant but just letting you know before you pull the trigger on an order.

Don't panic, dude. There is a solution to your dilemma. I know it sucks to have a messed up finish on a new mod, but J-wraps offers several styles of vinyl mod wraps for just about every PV on the market, including your Vamo. They also do custom wraps from your own pics or logo. Their prices aren't bad either.

I have a Sigelei Zmax and its finish is very smooth and slippery, so I'll be ordering the black carbon fiber Zmax wrap for it this weekend. If you haven't already ordered one by then, I plan to post a review of my J-wrap shortly after I get it. :thumbup:

vamoblkcarbonf.jpg

Edited by Rixter

I'm happy to hear that your Vamo was returned and replaced. BIG Bummers about the finish coming off. That sux.

Those graphic wraps are nice.

Or, you can brush it out and seal it and have a cool looking brass mod.

They should refund your 10 bucks extra that finish costs.

Hehe, I agree Uma I just doubt the vendor will ;) lol. Oh well I'll either buy a wrap or I heard someone talk about using a piece of heat shrink but I've yet to find a piece large enough in diameter for the vamo. I need at least 22mm just to get the vamo inside it then it'll shrink over that with heat...we'll see. If I can find shrink I'll use it in a heartbeat. I like the rugged look and texture of the heat shrink I've used in the past. We'll see.