Time To Fess Up

mcquinn

I suspect that some of us are more addicted to nicotine since we started vaping than we were while smoking.Think about it,if you are like me you vape from the time you roll out of the sack until you climb back in and keep it by your bed to puff on when you hear a bump in the night or get up to pee.If you are vaping high octane eliquid you would have to be consuming more nicotine during the course of a day than you ever could smoking.Any thoughts on the matter?

I'm going to say it's probably even. There wwhere some reports (I can't find them off hand) that actually showed e cigarette users get less nicotine than smokers.

Either way, I think what's probably more the case is that rather than doing nicotine fills in "sessions" we're spreading it out. So most smokers take about 10 large puffs while smoking a cigarette vs puffs here and there as you need it with an e cigarette. I take about 10-20 puffs an hour. So for me I suppose, it's about the same.

No question about it...I'm a nicotine addict. I've heard it said, though, that we don't get as much nicotine from vaping as we would from smoking. There's a pretty good video I ran across from an addiction counselor who states we could vape nicotine for the rest of our lives and it wouldn't harm us. That's quite a relief considering I vape continuously, just as you described.

In the very beginning I'd agree with you. Now, I mostly vape 6 mg or less and only a few puffs here and there when I'm at work. Less than I used to go out for cigarette breaks, actually. I only chain vape in the early to late mid-evenings. :lol:

once upon a time I did the math and I vape about equal to what I smoked. for me my sweet spot is at about 16mg - 18mg. I can vape 0 nic without any problem, I just can't get the throat hit I want.

For me it is more the pacifier effect :baby:

Then again, I have no illusions that without vaping, I would still be smoking and feeling :sick:

I find it much easier to go without vaping at work than when I used to smoke. I vape much less than I used to smoke at work but about the same or maybe a little more when I'm not so it's about even for me. At work I need to use both hands most of the time and with cigarettes, I could just have one hanging in my mouth at any time but it's hard to do that with an eGo and I don't feel the need to vape as much as I felt the need to light up.

I'm in the same boat. I start off the day fairly light, like Mike said at work it's pretty spread out, less than i ever smoked. Then when i get home i eat dinner and after that the thing practically never leaves my mouth lol.

All in all tho i don't worry about the nic content, i vape 12mg which is fairly low, and I feel like vapers take relatively quick inhales. I take long mouth drags, but the inhale to exhale time i feel like is quicker than when i smoked, when i would take slow drags and inhale as i dragged. The longer it's in your lungs the more time there is for all the chemicals and nic to be absorbed.

When I'm totally stressed, I need more. I will even turn to T-cigs during great depressive times, but other than those times, my average nic intake has dropped tremendously overall. I have 3 different flavors with 3 different levels of nic in each, and I vape according to my needs, without "falling behind" in nic needs. There are times that I can go for a good 4 hours on 0-mg alone, as long as it's an out of this world can't put it down flavor. My tobacco flavor is 24 strength, because when I need tobacco, I need tobacco! My 18mg mix is usually cappuchino or Irish Cream, but the Irish Cream is good at 6mg for me.

A lot of it depends on the juice itself, the flavor, the mod, and most of all, the type of delivery system. I find that the Genesis style attys will make me dizzy at 24mg, and even 18mg. We're all different, and that's why there's so many options out there. Finding the ones that suit us at different times of the day is the key.

2013 I will be totally nic free, this is by choice and I feel what ever chemicals I can avoid at my age the better. If I have had cravings as I stepped down the nic I guess I didn't notice it so I'm guessing I didn't. I guess the next step might be DIY or maybe quit altogether but right now I'm enjoying it to much to stop :cheers:

I know that I take in more nicotine than when I smoked. Part of it was wanting the nic craving to be satisfied when I switched over. I started at 24mg and I am now at 18mg. I don't think I would have made a successful switch if I started out with the same level of nicotine intake I was getting with analogs. I'll admit, I am a nic fiend :).

Keep in mind though that nicotine by itself is only about as addictive as caffeine. However a cigarette has over 200 addictive compounds in it so initially we vape more to get the same effect. Just my. 02... :-)

Try not having your coffee.

This has been an interesting thread so far.Not far from what I expected.

Edited by mcquinn

Mcquinn sir that's a hard question to answer... Nicotine absorbtion is much different with ecigs compared to analogs. Analogs use a number of different compounds to help get the nic into the blood stream as fast, along with as much, as possible. Without those additives the actual absorbtion rate differs person to person. In other words just because you're vaping 3.6% juice, doesn't mean your body is actually getting all that 3.6% into your body.

Having said that, know my nic intake has steadily gone up since quitting analogs and cutting back on the caffeine, along with what level is needed in the bloodstream for me to be satisfied. I'm a complete nic addict....

Mcquinn sir that's a hard question to answer... Nicotine absorbtion is much different with ecigs compared to analogs. Analogs use a number of different compounds to help get the nic into the blood stream as fast, along with as much, as possible. Without those additives the actual absorbtion rate differs person to person. In other words just because you're vaping 3.6% juice, doesn't mean your body is actually getting all that 3.6% into your body.

Having said that, know my nic intake has steadily gone up since quitting analogs and cutting back on the caffeine, along with what level is needed in the bloodstream for me to be satisfied. I'm a complete nic addict....

I guess my original thought was we are patting ourselves on the back for quitting smoking or dipping but I suspect we are every bit as addicted to nicotine as ever.Vaping is for sure less harmfull and more cost effective than tobacco .As someone said in another thread we just exchanged one adiction for another.Still kind of fun to hear our reasoning.

I'm both a caffeine addict and a nicotine addict. I used to drink a 12 pack of Mountain Dew every day and now I drink only Diet Coke. I didn't give up my habit, just switched it to a better alternative for me. I'm still getting the caffeine, just not the calories. Same with vaping. I probably vape continually when I'm at home but it is a lot easier to last at work without constantly thinking "when is my break!" so I can go out and smoke. It's also nice to pop in the bathroom for a couple of minutes and vape a little and then go back to what I was doing.

My BIL stopped smoking and switched to the gum. He was chewing 18-20 pieces a day and that stuff is expensive. Still he got pats on the back for quitting when it seems that people that vape get told that they are just switching one addiction for another. I think that with Analogs we get addicted to the other crap in the cigarettes and it takes awhile for that to get out of our system.

All this being said, nicotine itself won't kill you so I'm content with vaping for the rest of my life. I have no guilt and don't plan on quitting. As long as the option is out there I will use it.

I have been cheating a bit lately though. Work has been pretty stressful the last couple of weeks. Got laid off and rehired a week and a half later so I bought a couple of packs. It's still better than the 2+ packs of cigarettes I was smoking. I'm trying to get someone at work to try the ecig but I haven't had much luck with that, LOL. I know if he'd just try it he'd be hooked. He has the vaping personality. I will continue to try because I think this is a much better option than smoking. Besides the more people we all get to vape the better it will be accepted.

Edited by Suzicube