Is There Any System That Works Consistently?

kvjeff73

I want a cartomizer, or clearomizer, or some other *&$%^ thing that actually works, consistently. I am using 100% VG (Boba’s bounty and some other Vapor Room stuff that is thicker than Boba’s) so I don’t know if that’s the problem? I was using 60/40 PG/VG and early on and still had the issues with the moonbeams, stardusts, and DCT.

I’ve tried:
“Moonbeam” - works OK, just burns a little hot and resistance and life span on these seems variable.
Stardust/vision clearomizer - everyone I’ve tried gives a burnt taste at least every 3rd hit.
Smoketech DCT: constant flooding and/or burnt taste.
Kanger T3 bottom fed: floods floods floods.
Kanger T2: almost thought I had found a good system, but floods at least once a day. Replacement coils are different than the originals that came with the tank (WTF?).

I don’t care how much it costs, is there ANY delivery system that will JUST WORK? Consistantly?

Am I asking for too much here?

I've had pretty good luck with the Vivi Nova tank. :) Also you need to remember that if you're using 100% VG, it takes a little longer for that thick juice to wick. You may have to wait a little longer between puffs.

Edited by jeffb

First off, I know virtually nothing about "systems"; I've found what works for me and I'm satisfied. I HAVE noticed over the past 3 years that not all juice is created equal. It might TASTE great, but you pay hell trying to vape it. It just seems to me that its possible the juice is more of a problem than what you're vaping with. I don't KNOW, as I've said, but its worth considering.

Edited by SABOTEUR

First off, I know virtually nothing about "systems"; I've found what works for me and I'm satisfied. I HAVE noticed over the past 3 years that not all juice is created equal. It might TASTE great, but you pay hell trying to vape it. It just seems to me that its possible the juice is more of a problem than what you're vaping with. I don't KNOW, as I've said, but its worth considering.

Thanks for your input. I'm still open to that possibility but I seem to have the same problems with 100% VG and 60% PG/40%VG mix. PG makes me feel like crap, but I do still have one bottle around for these types of experiments.

I've had pretty good luck with the Vivi Nova tank. :) Also you need to remember that if you're using 100% VG, it takes a little longer for that thick juice to wick. You may have to wait a little longer between puffs.

True, but oddly enough I've never gotten dry hits from the T2 or T3. The burnt taste from the visions I'm attributing to slow wicking, but they are the only one I've had that issue with. The DCT I tried was with a mostly PG juice.

I've steered away from the Vivi tanks because it seems so many have leaking issues. Not the case with you?

True, but oddly enough I've never gotten dry hits from the T2 or T3. The burnt taste from the visions I'm attributing to slow wicking, but they are the only one I've had that issue with. The DCT I tried was with a mostly PG juice.

I've steered away from the Vivi tanks because it seems so many have leaking issues. Not the case with you?

I only have leaking issues if I fill it up too much.

I agree with the liquid blame as a lot of folks use all those devices with great success.I am personally a fan of Boge carto's and Vivi 2.0 mini Nova's.I would try another brand of liquid.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreciate it. The T2 has been doing a little better for me, only floods a few times a day. Not too much wasted juice.

One thing that confuses me, if I'm using thick 100% VG, I understand that it will take longer to wick-but shouldn't it flood LESS than the thinner mixtures?

Any feedback on the CE3 bottom feeders?

I started vaping on April 8, 2012, and since then, I've tried out variations on just about every new juicer that's come down the pike . IMO, if you want the same vape every time, nothing beats a good ol' freshly filled Boge carto for consistency and simplicity.

gallery_15088_188_2235.jpg

It's sort of like the McDonald's cheeseburger of juicers...it may not be as fancy as the other stuff out there, but with the Boge carto (and the McDonald's cheeseburger), you know what you're gonna get every time...a good quality vape (err...cheeseburger).

:thumbsup:

Edited by Rixter

my vote goes towards a good vv device, and a solid de-bridged/de-wicked atomizer. you can dial in the juice's "sweet spot" and the vape is second to none on a good atomizer when compared to any carto/clearo imho.

I second that. I love my 901 drip atties...better flavor than any carto by far, but also a slightly higher maintenance level than a carto, and can be a little inconsistent in performance from one pull to to the next.

I enjoy tinkering with my juice mods, but as far as being simplistic, I just can't think of anything easier and more consistent than Boge cartos.

Edited by Rixter

I've had some seriously great luck with these:

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/brdg5105.htm

To finish off the package... grab yourself a 'drip shield'(and sealed 510 extension if needed... don't need with a eGo batt), a Cherry Vape 'Universal' (http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/chrryuni.htm), and a 'drip tip'... and you are good to go. The 'Universal' allows you to seriously drip 6 - 8 drops of ejuice and not have to worry at all about juice spitting back in your mouth when you vape. I use them all the time because of this one feature they provide so well.... I had finally quit using atties with just a drip tip because of getting 'juiced' all the time. This is now a thing of the past and I can load an atty with 8 drops every single time! Heavenly.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I second the rec for Empire Mods and the universal drip tip. Not only does this funny looking over-long drip tip keep you from getting juice in your mouth, it also helps to cool the vapor a bit. I don't care for warm vapor, especially when I'm chain vaping using the direct drip method. :)

I second the rec for Empire Mods and the universal drip tip. Not only does this funny looking over-long drip tip keep you from getting juice in your mouth, it also helps to cool the vapor a bit. I don't care for warm vapor, especially when I'm chain vaping using the direct drip method. :)

Yep! Using an eGo with one of those 1.5 ohm 510 atties... a drip shield... a Universal... and a drip tip right now at work! Perfect setup.

Oh yeah... AND 8 drops of ZOMBIE BLOOD !

Edited by DAYVAPE

• 2 weeks later...

To finish off the package... grab yourself a 'drip shield'(and sealed 510 extension if needed... don't need with a eGo batt), a Cherry Vape 'Universal' (http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/chrryuni.htm), and a 'drip tip'... and you are good to go. The 'Universal' allows you to seriously drip 6 - 8 drops of ejuice and not have to worry at all about juice spitting back in your mouth when you vape. I use them all the time because of this one feature they provide so well.... I had finally quit using atties with just a drip tip because of getting 'juiced' all the time. This is now a thing of the past and I can load an atty with 8 drops every single time! Heavenly.

Thanks, I think I'll try dripping.

So, how often do you need to clean the bridgeless atties? What about when you switch flavors, do you need to rinse it out or soak in vodka overnight??

Ok everybody is jumping in here so I guess I will also

The 100% vg will not wick fast enough if you puff it one after another or long hard deep puffs . 80/20 or 70/30 with the high # being the pg is much better . also the flavor is a problem at times things like cinnamon etc

The viva nova is great no leaks doesnt burn either , but dont let the fluid get to low if you puff a lot the wicking is the problem so try to find a pg juice you like

IMO the the "bottom coils caromizer dont work good

the visions have worked good for me with a 2.4 coil at 4.2 volts

on my Twist I use a vision but on the evic , the lava tube and the vamoo I use vivanova

Ok everybody is jumping in here so I guess I will also

The 100% vg will not wick fast enough if you puff it one after another or long hard deep puffs . 80/20 or 70/30 with the high # being the pg is much better . also the flavor is a problem at times things like cinnamon etc

The viva nova is great no leaks doesnt burn either , but dont let the fluid get to low if you puff a lot the wicking is the problem so try to find a pg juice you like

IMO the the "bottom coils caromizer dont work good

the visions have worked good for me with a 2.4 coil at 4.2 volts

on my Twist I use a vision but on the evic , the lava tube and the vamoo I use vivanova

Thanks everyone! Love to hear different opinions. I keep hearing how VG is not going to wick properly, but my experience isn't a problem with it wicking slowly, I have flooding problems not wicking problems!!

The gods of vaping must have heard my call, because since the original post the Kanger T2s' have been kicking butt! I might get a flood once a day at most. Taste is awesome too.

(FYI) Back to juices; Vaperrenus' 100% VG is super thick (but again I had no wicking problems), compared to AVE which is very thin. I'd go back to analogs before using a juice with any PV in it. It gives me super dry throat, nose bleeds, and headaches.

Yesterday I saw a vid on how to removed your bridge on an atty so you can drip on to it. I did this on two atties I had, one had been used and one not. Can't say I was impressed with either.

Will the atties that are made for dripping work better?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I got my Cherry Vape extension, 901 bridgeless atty (with 901/510 adapter) 1.7 Ohm (using with 3.7 V Ego), and a drip shield (already have a few drip tips).

Put in 6 drops of liquid and let it sit, right side up, for ten minutes. First couple vapes didn't give me much vapor or flavor. After four puffs tasted burnt.

I put in 5 drops, waited a minute and puffed. Tried puffing gently, sharply, and everywhere inbetween. After a few puffs I started getting some decent vapor without too much gurgling but it wasn't consistant. Some puffs had good flavor but I wouldn't say better than my T2. The last time I loaded it up with 8 drops, and all it did was gurgle the first few puffs, then gave a few decent tasting ones, then started tasting burnt. Washed everything up and put in drawer with the rest of my "ehh" stuff.

Any suggestions on my technique?