Conneticut Tragedy

Unfortunately, budget cuts have reduced the availability of services for the mentally challenged...too many people who really need services are denied access to mental health care. Additionally, as far as society has progressed in the past 30-40 years, the one thing that hasn't changed is the societal stigma attached to mental health issues. Folks who know they need help tend to not seek assistance because friends and family, and society in general, do not understand, and condemn rather than support someone who needs help. This man obviously needed help long before this incident...it's very sad that someone close to him didn't find help for him... I pray for the families who are coping with the loss of loved ones...

My prayers go out to all who were affected. This was a sad sad day and I hope and pray the last of it's kind.

Via, your point is sadly valid. Let's hope and pray that the taxes will no longer be misused and abused so that proper healthcare (mental, physical, dental) can be achieved as was promised years ago before greed stepped up to the plate.

• 5 months later...