Anybody Here Use Tanks Like I Do? & What's The Best One Iyo?

Dejavu

Ok so recently i switched over to a tank/atomizer system called 'fusion' from vaporshark.com. Basically its a $20.....2.80ml tank...with a replacable atomizer/wick. (each of those cost $5). The top & bottom of the tank each have a screw-in metal piece...you can remove just one/or both to clean it out, swap out the atomizer/wick. The actual wicking system that soaks up the juice and loads it into the atomizer is made out of what seems to be...tiny rope. It makes it incredibly easy to change out different flavored liquids if you switch around a lot.

Now the tank comes with 2 atomizer/wick replacements plus the original (total of 3) for $20. So basically the tank itself costs $5 i guess if you wanna look at it that way. I've been using it for about a month now...and I havn't needed to replace the atomizer once due to wear/clogging. However I do replace them anyways because I'm picky about mixing flavors.

So my question is for you tank users....what system do you use....and have you found anything else like this....that's just as easy to work with...but perhaps better &/OR cheaper? I mean...i replace a atomizer about once every 2-3 days...so that $5 is going to add up. I mean, nothing like the cost of smokes...but still....so I want to see what other options are out there that are in the same ball-park...when it comes to quality /ease of use...

As the politicians always say..... "I'm leaving all options on the table" LoL

I just got sick of the typical cartomizer material...its impossible to really clean out...it gets clogged up mad easy ya know?

Edited by Dejavu

I like the Vision Vivi Nova mini 2.0 ml ,cost less and is avaiable at several shops.Same basic design as what you got choice of resistance replacement coils and spare parts avaiable.Costs less as well.I am going on 4 weeks with the original coil and no sign of letting down yet.

Edited by mcquinn

It sounds like you don't want to stick with just one flavor, that's why you're changing out your atomizer/coil every so often so as not to mix the flavors. Right? I love the Vision Vivi Nova Mini, the one that McQuinn recommended... for when I'm driving and can't direct drip.

Just recently I discovered the Vision 510 Nano clearomizer. That might work for you? It holds 1 ml of e-liquid, just take the mouth piece off, fill, wait to let wick soak up liquid and vape. Easy. The best part is that they're only $2.95 a piece.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Vision_510_Nano_Clearomizer_p/510-nano-clearomizer.htm

As far as wicking atty tanks go, I've used the Vision V2 eGo Clearomizer ($4.95 + shipping), the Vision V3 (replaceable atty) eGo Clearomizer ($6.95 + shipping), and the Vision ViVi Nova Tank ($10.99 shipped), but my favorite tank system by far is the Boge F-16 Carto Tank ($5.95 shipped)

I made a side-by-side comparison using a Vision ViVi Nova with a 1.8Ω Nova atty, a Boge F-16 Carto Tank with a 1.8Ω F-16 SC tank carto, and two VV eGo batteries set at 3.8v to provide 8 watts. I checked both tank setups with a multimeter to confirm the resistance.

The F-16 produced so much more V/T/F that I kinda felt bad for the Nova (my first tank system of any type). No leaks or gurgles with either setup, which is more than I can say for the Vision V2/V3s, which are a crap-shoot at best when it comes to leaks.

BTW, I'm a pretty heavy vaper, but I've not had a carto clog up or pop yet. I did have one gurgle after about a week of use, but I replaced it with a Smoktech 3Ω double-punched tank carto from CCV (5-pack for $9.95 shipped), set my VV eGo to 4.9v for 8 watts, and I've had no gurgles since. (They also carry 1.7Ω, 2Ω, SC, DC, single-punched, and double-punched versions available at around the same price here.)

If you haven't tried a Boge F-16 for yourself, spend the $5.95 and find out for yourself.

gallery_15088_188_21735.jpg

Vision ViVi Nova

gallery_15088_188_25826.jpg

Boge F-16

gallery_15088_188_15238.jpg

Vision V3 Clearomizer...one with no leaks.

Edited by Rixter

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Vision ViVi Nova tank, 3.5ml tank. As far as the wick style attys go, I am not impressed. This is the 4th version of wick systems that I have used and I have had nothing but problems with every one of them. The problem with the wicks is, the heating coil begins to burn the liquid at the core of the coil, and the burnt liquid runs down the wicks and mixes with the fresh liquid.

Now I prefer the bottom feeding style attys. They last longer and they do not allow for old liquid to mix with the fresh. Always seems to have a nice clean, crisp, flavorful experience.

I use the Vision ViVi Nova tank, 3.5ml tank. As far as the wick style attys go, I am not impressed. This is the 4th version of wick systems that I have used and I have had nothing but problems with every one of them. The problem with the wicks is, the heating coil begins to burn the liquid at the core of the coil, and the burnt liquid runs down the wicks and mixes with the fresh liquid.

Now I prefer the bottom feeding style attys. They last longer and they do not allow for old liquid to mix with the fresh. Always seems to have a nice clean, crisp, flavorful experience.

I've tried the T3 bottom feeder, but like so many others I've read about, had issues with leakage onto the battery.

What bottom feeder do you like?

I have owned a Nova over 3 months and have never had this problem or ever heard of it before? I would think it would be more likely to happen to a system constantly submerged in juice not the other way around? I do keep the wicks on mine wet and the coil too!

Edited by Viper Ron