Vamo On The Way

Jeffb

If you wouldn't mind, the next time you feel especially bored and have a loaded carto that's feeling particularly neglected, would you throw it on your Vamo and let us know if it does indeed sound like a rattlesnake? I'm just wondering, since the Vamo just might be using the same circuitry as the ZMAX, if it also fires at the same 33.3hz. PWM, which is what's supposed to be causing what some folks are claiming to be an unnerving sound from cartos. Thanks.

*falls over laughing*

I was only kidding when I asked for a video, Rixter, but it really does sound like a rattler! I can just imagine how freaked someone would be if they weren't aware and they heard that the first time. :lol:

Thankfully, where I live, we don't get too many prairie rattlers. A few miles south however.... But then again we've had a bumper crop of bull snakes and a red racer this past summer. :)

I was in the interest coop for the Segali ZmaxV2... and you'd never believe the solutions to problems that are STILL ongoing. To be honest, I would wait before getting one. Check out Rusalka and SanJose's interest thread. They've been trying to go live for months... but keep having to have things corrected. Hopefully the Vendors have warranty plans in place...

Oh, and they take flat top aw-imr's. All mine are the regular aw-imr tiny button tops. If you're overflowing in batteries, this might be a headsup in and of itself.

But, after all is finalized, these should be awesome!

If VariTube.com didn't offer the Sigelei Zmax starter kit for $89.95, I'd go with the Vamo, but I just can't pass up that price on a machined stainless steel VV/VW APV. They're out of the kit at the moment and just offer the body for $79.95, but they're supposed to have their stock replenished next week. The kit comes with a case, charger, 18650 and 18350 batteries, both end caps, and a clearo.

@Uma...VariTube told me that the 510 connection depth "issue" is really a non-issue except on the voltage meter that Phil Busardo tried unsuccessfully to use at a little past 8 minutes into the following video. They said that the only connection problems are with defective cartos/atties/tanks with recessed center pins as opposed to flush or protruding center pins...in other words, the lack of contact would be due to faulty accessories and not the Zmax itself. They also said that any device that couldn't make contact could be made to work by using a standard 510-510 adapter. For the price, I can go with that.

I'll still probably get a Vamo for on the go, though. The price is right and it appears to be using the same circuitry as the Zmax V2, just housed in a stamped metal body...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yeah those zmax's are nice. A lot of extra features.

I'm hopin with the vamo I can try (emphasis on try lol) to be a little more descreet vaping at work with the option to run it in 'mini' mode with an 18350. I never wanted to buy the lavatube mini cuz i did't want an 18350 to be my only option, gotta have the 18650 for trips and whatnot.

The PV has a removeable section of the tube. When removed, it's in it's mini mode uses 1 x18350 battery. You can add the tube back to make the PV larger and in that mode it takes either 2x18350's or 1x18650.

See the extra pics on the smokteks site with the battery alignments. So basically it's a fullsize and mini lavatube in one, with the added feature of variable wattage.

http://www.smoktek.com/VAMO-Variable-Power-VV-APV-Rev2--Gun-Metal_p_537.html

So i got my vamo and it's looks great, i'm very happy with it, except for one thing. The spring. It has way too much give and every time i set the device down, i hear the battery giggle, and it breaks the connection turning the device off. Every time i pick it up i have to turn it back on. I tried stretching the spring a little, but that didn't fix it. It happened on both my batteries that are flat top and with a nipple.

I also noticed the inside of my battery cap has a dark mark on it. Not sure if it came that way or if my battery is overheating. My stainless lavatube knockoff doesn't have any marks on the inside of the cap after months of use. My lavatube knockoff seems to have a much stronger spring with less give. Wonder if i could swap em. Anyone else have this problem with this device? I got it from Smoktek and it said it was the v2, which is supposed to have a longer spring.