Sjr 8 Senate Joint Resolution - Ecig Ban

So our oh so favorite California Senator Ellen Corbett is trying to push us back into smoking Tradition Tobacco. This time she is trying to pass a Senate Join Resolution named SJR 8.

Here is all the info on the bill: http://info.sen.ca.gov/cgi-bin/casen/postquery_SDC?bill_number=sjr_8&house=S&sess=CUR&site=SDC

Last updated was 06/25/2009 you can read the bill Here

This women is hell bent on banning electronic cigarettes, I think it's time started to email her.

Send her an email by Clicking Here

Ok. Just took a gander at Cruella's SJR 8 , and if there is ONE thing I can deduce from it, its that she is DEFINITLY in someones pocket. She clearly has an agenda that shes not going to give up on easily. EVERY "whereas" in the bill is based on outdated half truths, and it seems her MAIN sticking point is that e cigs are aimed at kids. Guys, thats just TOO easy to shoot down. I think if we sent her 100 e mails, shes so ignorant shed read 3 and delete any more that came in. She doesnt WANT to hear our voice, she just wants everyone to hear hers. So, how do you drown out an ignorant, egotistacle ( or as Archie Bunker would say, egotesticle ) jerk, you talk OVER her. I say we KEEP innundating Arnold with e mails. Hes already shown he has more common sense than her, that hes NOT willing to blindly take away peoples rights -

"Items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to

purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they

should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco

products."

Keep shooting over her head, no ones listening to her, but hes already listened to us. Keep him and those around him informed. They are our allies now.

Those of you that are WikiPedia editors should add some of her background against the ecig to her profile.

And be sure to throw in a reference or two to vaportalk ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Corbett

Ok, I went to Cruellas Senate web page, and clicked on the "contact me", and typed away a lengthy, respectful, tirade on how I felt, and when I clicked submit, it wouldnt go through because Im not from Californya (Duhhhhhh, I shoulda remembered from last time ). BUT, what I dont understand is, when you pull from the drop-down menu to pick a topic before you type- SB400 IS NOT THERE . ? Is anyone else experiencing this ? I still think its a waste of time contacting her, its kinda like e mailing Tammy Faye to stop wearing make-up, her mind is pretty much made up, and so is Cruellas. Any ways ........... Chris, you deserve the day to gloat and vape and vape and gloat, but PROMISE me - tomorrow we kick it into full gear again. Like I said in an earlier post. we just took normandy beach, but Berlin is a LONG ways away. Everyone NEEDS to understand this is FAR from over, and we cant get complacent just yet. But for today - I now dub thee "Sir Christopher ", well well done lad ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since she is so determined to get rid of the e-cigarettes (I hate that term), We need to watch her every step.

Here is the page to her legislation in progress. Ellen Corbett Legislation

Any one of these could be morphed into an issue for us. She took the SB 400 bill initially from energy to bonds and then back to energy and finally landing on tobacco and ecigs by the time it hit the governors desk.