Vaping Around Other People

So I am in my daughter's car happily vaping away and she says to me "OMG, that's giving me a headache, open the window"

LOL, so I've been so excited finding this because I didn't think it would bother anyone. Obviously it does.

As of 8:05pm tonight I've smoked my last cigarette. I'm not sure how though to handle using it like at the bus stop and places like that. Honestly it looks like something you smoked drugs out of so I don't want to bring attention to myself.

Also, after my daughter said that I started wondering if people could smell it when I went and used it in the bathroom. I didn't really think they could and I use the butter rum so it smells like a lifesavers candy. BUT now I'm paranoid. I have to be able to use it otherwise I'll just go back to smoking.

My boss only asked that I be discreet about it if I want to vape inside at work. I'm a public employee and I sit at a desk that has a window to the public. He didn't think it would look very professional if I was sitting there puffing clouds of vapor while people were standing there asking for help. Some people have no sense of humor!

Flavors like butter rum, coffee, bakery goods... all are rather "heavy" and the smell seems to linger. Fruit flavors like peach, apple, etc. put out a "lighter" smell. I stealth vape in my office using the lighter fruit flavors and never get any comments. There's also a raspberry air freshener in plain sight so that usually explains away any smells.

Whenever I vape in public (read: outside), people come up and ask what it is. I almost always get a good reception when I answer their questions. When I'm vaping in my car, just out of habit and liking fresh air I always crack the window.

Good for you that you're doing so well with replacing the analogs with an e-cig! :)

Ya, like they said !!! There is always a time and a place. stealth vaping works well for me at work, airplanes, airports or other areas that are strictly non smoking. Stealth vaping is taking a smaller draw, holding the vapor in for several seconds and exhaling very slowly...no vapor (or very minimal). stealth vaping in restrooms is even easier.

Ya, like they said !!! There is always a time and a place. stealth vaping works well for me at work, airplanes, airports or other areas that are strictly non smoking. Stealth vaping is taking a smaller draw, holding the vapor in for several seconds and exhaling very slowly...no vapor (or very minimal). stealth vaping in restrooms is even easier.

Kitsune, I'll never forget the time you said you brought a very strong waffle like vape to work, spilled some on your clothes or something, and people were asking who had waffles. lol! I love that story.

I've been yelled at for rolling the window down. "What are you doing??!! We love the smell of that flavor, roll it back up PLEASE!!!

and there are other flavors where they roll the window down to get extra air.

I always crack the window, out of habit, and let them dictate whether or not to roll it down more or to close it.

I don't mind letting them choose for me.

They choose my vaping over my smoking... and sometimes the choose my vaping over my not vaping. Gotta love it.

I vape inside the house near my friend and in car beside him. I can smell it when i exhale but it does not linger like cigarette smoke thank god!! Im just wondering if someday they will make rules where you can not vape in public places because it looks like a real cig, etc. Its only a matter of time before it happens.

They've tried that many times in many counties already, Jroc. We always have to watch the legislation and eCig news thread and jump in full steam ahead to ward off the evilmongers who wish for us to give up vaping and go back to smoking.

When in public places, I'll stealth vape. When around smokers I out cloud them. When around kids, I try to refrain. It's a matter of knowing and respecting your surroundings. I respect their air waves just like I wish someday to have others respect my sound waves. (I hate high horsed arrogant hypocrites sounding off about anything, but especially about anything of personal nature, like vaping!)

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed if you continue to vape in the car with the windows up a film will build up on the windshield. It is very easy to clean though unlike analogs.

I've noticed that there seems to be a film in my mouth too and it doesn't feel really any different than when I smoked though. Also, I need to find a device that looks like a cigarette but hold juice because people just stare at me when I'm outside waiting for the bus like I'm smoking crack or something if I use my ego and clearomizer.

The biggest problem you will have with the 'cigarette' style batteries will be battery life. The charge usually only holds for about 4 hours on a new battery and quickly dwindles to about 2 hours.

any '510' battery should be the slim style. 510 used to be used for both the battery and the atomizer. could use cartomizers with it.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=33

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=7

I vape anywhere I would smoke. I've become so used to vaping I do tend to forget that everyone doesn't know what it is. The other day I was in the car with my family. I was sitting in the passenger seat vaping away when I glanced over to see an old lady staring me down. I'm sure she had no idea what I was doing. She probably had never heard of or even seen an ecig before then. I never try to hide it and I usually don't get many questions. I really wish they hadn't banned smoking in restaurants that way I could vape there.

I need to find a device that looks like a cigarette but hold juice because people just stare at me when I'm outside waiting for the bus like I'm smoking crack or something if I use my ego and clearomizer.

Go to Smokless Image, they have some nice cig look a like devices. I have a few and the 320mah last about 3-4 hours. I believe the length is 78mm :cheers:

Also, I need to find a device that looks like a cigarette but hold juice because people just stare at me when I'm outside waiting for the bus like I'm smoking crack or something if I use my ego and clearomizer.

I hear ya! I got quite the wide-eyed look from the soccer mom in the car next to me while I was waiting for my son to get out of practice the other day. I just smiled and kept vaping away. :P

theres laws here banning cigs from public places but most seem to understan pv's . was in the hospital and completely forgot were i was so i started vaping, well not 1 doctor, nurse, or security guard cared, but they care when a person is outside in the rain about 20 feet from the door trying to stay dry when they come out and say " you cant smoke this that close to the door go to the other side of parking lot" but i still get the ignorant people and two idiots at work that still think its smoke and refuse to change there mind. other than that cape cod is pretty tolerant on e cigs, and very strict on real butts.

Massachusetts sucks. At least in my county, vaping is prohibited in the workplace, public buildings, etc. per order of the board of health, just like cigarettes are. Nobody seems to know about this and there aren't a lot of capers in my area. I've had mall security tell me it's OK to use my ecig in the mall. I've had a doctor and a nurse tell me it's OK to cape in the ER and another nurse says I can't, all within one short visit. I work and play mostly outside so I don't need to stealth vape much-- I vape anywhere and everywhere I go even if I'm breaking the rules. If I get caught I'll play dumb or tell them that my ProVari is a prescription asthma inhaler. I haven't bothered or offended anyone yet so I feel that I am doing nothing wrong.

i dont care if someone catches me if my vapor is killing em that bad lol then they can just ^%$# me.lol. but i do say trying to vape and drive a mower is a little difficult thou.