Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

Interesting because it should to be the other way around: 

The march toward gender-specific clothes was neither linear nor rapid. Pink and blue arrived, along with other pastels, as colors for babies in the mid-19th century, yet the two colors were not promoted as gender signifiers until just before World War I—and even then, it took time for popular culture to sort things out.

For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti.

In 1927, Time magazine printed a chart showing sex-appropriate colors for girls and boys according to leading U.S. stores. In Boston, Filene’s told parents to dress boys in pink. So did Best & Co. in New York City, Halle’s in Cleveland and Marshall Field in Chicago.

Today’s color dictate wasn’t established until the 1940s, as a result of Americans’ preferences as interpreted by manufacturers and retailers. “It could have gone the other way,” Paoletti says.

So the baby boomers were raised in gender-specific clothing. Boys dressed like their fathers, girls like their mothers. Girls had to wear dresses to school, though unadorned styles and tomboy play clothes were acceptable.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097

10 hours ago, cany said:

Is that a clock in the mod??

@cany

Yes it is :) I got a Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini 75W TC mod and the clock is an included feature. You can choose between a digital or number display. I liked the look of the numbered clock. The tank is a Kanger Toptank mini with green glass and a Santa Claus ceramic drip tip.

20 minutes ago, Edna said:

@cany

Yes it is :) I got a Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini 75W TC mod and the clock is an included feature. You can choose between a digital or number display. I liked the look of the numbered clock. The tank is a Kanger Toptank mini with green glass and a Santa Claus ceramic drip tip.

Thats cool

Just made an order at the VT store:

Eleaf iPower 80W TC Mod
What Color: Silver
1 $39.99
Vapor Talk Black Label e Liquids - Black Knight - 30ml
What Strengh?: 12mg (1.2%)
1 $8.00
Vapor Talk Black Label e Liquids - Eden's Empire - 30ml
What Strengh?: 12mg (1.2%)
1 $8.00
Eleaf iPower 80W TC Mod
What Color: wood
1 $39.99
Pro Tank 3 Mini 4 $47.96
KangerTech Coils (5pcs)
Resistance: 1.8 ohm
7 $34.93

Woo hoo! Now I get to stalk the mail lady...  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got myself an early Xmas gift today of eleaf istick pico (my first adjustable vaporizer!).  So far so good.  I'll be writing a one or two week review soon!

Happy Holidays!  And a personal thank you to the Vape shop I got my vape from (Charlie's Vape Shop).

From the Fabulous VT Store I just received a Kanger Subbox Mini-C starter kit and a bottle of Capricorn e-juice (3mg)

The juice is for me and the Mini-C is for a friend for Christmas.

Thanks folks at the VT Store for perfect customer service as always !

• 2 weeks later...

it vapes very nicely.I had a bit of a time filling it,of course I was filling from the wrong place and I got juice everywhere!the airflow is really cool,it's a metal slot on the bottom,but it slides it does not click into place,but it's not an issue because it is on the very bottom,so it won't get bumped lol . so far I've only gone to 40 watts,the coil is very smooth , it has huge wicking ports so it can handle my high vg juice.super smooth vape,really good flavor . haven't tried out temp control yet,or my mouth to lung coils,I plan on running 1.2 ohm triton mini Clapton coils,I'll let you know when I get there.as far as size goes ,I have small hands and it's super easy to handle wich is really nice.I have only two complaints,the filling port I am not crazy about,and the slot where you are your juice level is tiny,but the magnetic door slides off easy so you can see,and changing batteries is super convenient . however it is not flimsy I don't think it would come off If I was carrying it.the good thing about the juice slot on the door is that the tank is never exposed . navigation is easy,the display screen is nice and bright even in bright sunlight.there ya have it;)

Glad to hear you're liking your Plato!  I just ordered a Wismec Releaux RX2/3 as well as 2 18650 3000maH LG HG2 batteries to go with it.  It will be my first mod that goes over 80 watts (up to 150w with dual battery cells and 200w with triple battery cells) so I'm very excited!  Mod alone was $44.50 on VapeRoyalty.com so very reasonable and battery cells were $9.90 or so each.

At first I was thinking I will only likely go to 150w in the near future but now I am thinking of adding one more battery to the order for a grand total of 9000maH ... MASSIVE! 🙂