Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

• 4 weeks later...

11665455_10201255862234058_5704823871589

I went out yesterday and hunted down a 30mm triforce. I have the regular one too, so since I'm already buying coils for it, I had to get the bigger one so I don't have to fill so much at work. I wish they had made it in black but I'll live.

Finally found numbers to change the TCR to get the ni200 coils to work closer to right, so right now I'm running TC on the big tank. I do love the triforces, the production is excellent and flavor is fantastic. Overall I'm pleased with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a bunch of new hardware thanks to the help from the members here:

Also picked up a bunch of juice.

•  Miss Samoa by FA-Q
•  Honey by Cyber Liquids Fuel Cell
•  Vader by Cyber Liquids
•  Backroads Tobacco by Vapage Private Reserve
•  Castle Long by Five Pawns
•  Cafe Royale by Cyber Liquids
•  Mad Hatter Juice - I Love Donuts
•  Mad Hatter Juice - I Love Cookies
•  Royalty II by Vapetasia
•  Django by 13th Floor Elevapors

I'm done with purchases for a while ;)

Just ordered two Kanger Aerotank mini version 2 from Mt. Baker Vapor. Got tired of the Kanger Pro tank mini 3s leaking all over the place so I thought I'd try something that Earthling789 always raves about. Was going to go with a Triton mini but I have all these 1.8 ohm single coils laying around that I need to use.  :) 

17 hours ago, hicksvilleshick said:

I picked up a velocity RDA from my local shop ~30 bux... version 1 I think cause looking up version 2 they are like 125...

Enjoy!  I have a clone, and it is my go to dripper.  It is so easy to build on, and it has airflow for days!

On 3/6/2016 at 9:00 PM, Tam said:

Just ordered two Kanger Aerotank mini version 2 from Mt. Baker Vapor. Got tired of the Kanger Pro tank mini 3s leaking all over the place so I thought I'd try something that Earthling789 always raves about. Was going to go with a Triton mini but I have all these 1.8 ohm single coils laying around that I need to use.  :) 

Tam, the 1.8 Ohm BCC will work in the KPT3-mini and the Aerotank mini, but unless you add a silicone cap to the shaft of the coil (upside-down, to take up the slack in height difference between BCC and BDC), they are prone to leakage.  I've never had a KPT3-mini or Aeorotank mini leak when using the BDC (dual-coils) or BCC with added cap, unless I left it in the heat, and they are available in a much wider range or resistance... 0.8, up to 2.4 Ohm.  The last 10 packs of 1.2 ohm BDC I ordered came from 101vape (or was it VapeNW?)... for $3.95/box, so they're just as cheap as the BCC :D

4 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Tam, the 1.8 Ohm BCC will work in the KPT3-mini and the Aerotank mini, but unless you add a silicone cap to the shaft of the coil (upside-down, to take up the slack in height difference between BCC and BDC), they are prone to leakage.  I've never had a KPT3-mini or Aeorotank mini leak when using the BDC (dual-coils) or BCC with added cap, unless I left it in the heat, and they are available in a much wider range or resistance... 0.8, up to 2.4 Ohm.  The last 10 packs of 1.2 ohm BDC I ordered came from 101vape (or was it VapeNW?)... for $3.95/box, so they're just as cheap as the BCC :D

Do you have a picture you could post of the extra cap on the shaft?

8 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

@TAM I separated the caps to show the difference, and sorry for the bad pic... it looked better on my phone, lol

Okay, got it. I've got lots of old coils that I can cannibalize for the extra caps. Thanks!  :) 

8 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

95ac1ec0611d04b8abe0e58996bc87a6.jpg

@TAM I separated the caps to show the difference, and sorry for the bad pic... it looked better on my phone, lol

I had too do this when I started vaping my tank would leak bad if I didnt

2 hours ago, cany said:

I had too do this when I started vaping my tank would leak bad if I didnt

I read about this trick a couple years ago, and once, when I was away from home, I needed to replace my BDC and only had a BCC in my spares... so I tried it, and it worked perfectly.  Now, I tend to buy BDC when I find them cheap, but in a pinch, I know I can use a BCC :D

I still have four boxes of BCC (that I bought 2 years ago), but I've not used my KPT2 tanks in many months.  I'll probably pay them forward eventually, and just stick with my Aerotanks and KPT3-minis, and only buy BDC from here on?  I do like the BDC better for flavor and they have a much wider range of available resistances... not to mention the last 50 I bought were only $0.77 each, which is darn cheap!

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

Shiny new kanger coils:)love it when you put in a new coil after running the same one awhile.had mad spitback in my tank and realized my juice wasn't wicking right because my cotton was shot!shiny new coils,the mad fresh vapor I just love it.would change my coil every two days if I could afford it!!!

Rebuilding might be a big step, or something you are not interested in, but I change my coils out every 2 days....well kinda...

I have 6 Subtank Mini RBAs and I clean and build them on the weekend.  I pop a new one in as soon as the old one starts to fall off.  I haven't calculated it but it couldn't cost but a few cents a coil.

*Disclaimer...  I am back to Kanthal/Nichrome using Clapton wire like the stuff pictued above.  I pull the cotton on the weekend and dry burn, rinse, dry burn, rinse...etc a few times then soak the RBA in Vodka over night.  I then blow them off to dry them, re-wick and do it again next week.

*** I am not sure if this is a great idea, because they show that dry burning Kanthal is not a good idea.  I rinse or wash them, after I dry burn them to minimize the risks.