Bump Everytime You Buy Something New

blucavvy

Ill try to steep it but im just starting out and dont have a big supply of juice so not sure how long ill be able to steep it for

You could always speed steep it. Place juice bottle into a zip lock baggie, get as much air out as possible. Place into a bowl of hot water (not boiling hot, just as hot as it comes out of the tap). Put something semi-heavy on top to make the bottles sink into the hot water. Let sit until water cools. Dump out water, do it again a couple of times shaking bottles between water changes. That usually will steep it for you. This isn't quite as good as just letting time do its thing but it gets close.

The zip lock baggie is so the labels on your bottles don't get all wet. If you don't care about that, then you can just put the bottles into the hot water. :)

You could always speed steep it. Place juice bottle into a zip lock baggie, get as much air out as possible. Place into a bowl of hot water (not boiling hot, just as hot as it comes out of the tap). Put something semi-heavy on top to make the bottles sink into the hot water. Let sit until water cools. Dump out water, do it again a couple of times shaking bottles between water changes. That usually will steep it for you. This isn't quite as good as just letting time do its thing but it gets close.

The zip lock baggie is so the labels on your bottles don't get all wet. If you don't care about that, then you can just put the bottles into the hot water.  :)

Thank you for the great tip will definitely help till I can build up a good supply

You really don't have to do all that.. just vape it.. The taste isn't going to dramatically change in a month..

That's not true. There are some juices that must be steeped or the taste is awful. As for the Dragon Series, these are pretty good out of the mailbox but the flavor deepens and subtle flavors come out with steeping -- this can be pretty "dramatic" with some of them.

That's not true. There are some juices that must be steeped or the taste is awful. As for the Dragon Series, these are pretty good out of the mailbox but the flavor deepens and subtle flavors come out with steeping -- this can be pretty "dramatic" with some of them.

You just said how to steep faster.. Throw juice in heat and repeat.. Isn't that what's happening to your juice when it hits the coil and the wick? You rebuild your own coils to heat up faster , you will get the same result as your steeping process.

Wow...i guess you haven't read.....99% of all ECBlends customers on this board are gonna disagree with you. While not all of there flavs need steeped,the best ones do, and change thru out the steeping process. Even ECBLENDS says to steep, and don't be surprised if it tastes like gas right out of the mailbox...liqueurs, noggs, rum soaked raisins, chocolate mint chip, are all nasty till they steep a couple weeks...Skislope, my new favorite took a month till it really blossomed and you could taste all parts. Feels like a nut is okay out of the box, but six weeks later is the bomb. Even single flavs like Pineapple taste better a week or two

It's kinda like good wine, beer, meade, chutney....they all take time to age, blend, ferment, and having a keen palate and a great dripping atomizer...taking the time to test them as they mature..finding the best taste for you, and then capping and enjoying fresh juice is all part of the fun of vaping.

Unlike buying commercial third party juce from a retailer, those are batch made and hyper steeped at the plant, then plenty of time with bulk storage,shipping, and shelf time.....

You just said how to steep faster.. Throw juice in heat and repeat.. Isn't that what's happening to your juice when it hits the coil and the wick? You rebuild your own coils to heat up faster , you will get the same result as your steeping process.

While I'm not a chemist, the heat from hot water versus just dripping directly onto a hotter coil just isn't the same. It's like saying that a steak thrown into the coals to cook is the same as one cooked by placing it on a grill over the coals. It's a similar principle but doesn't work the same.

While I'm not a chemist, the heat from hot water versus just dripping directly onto a hotter coil just isn't the same. It's like saying that a steak thrown into the coals to cook is the same as one cooked by placing it on a grill over the coals. It's a similar principle but doesn't work the same.

Actually the process is the same.. Ever notice all the condensation after vaping? That's why we have wicks to create that and allow us to vape without the heat of the coils burning our throats. Ecblends may have a steep process, but I can assure you fast steeping method , isn't gonna change the taste that much compared to dripping..

Actually the process is the same.. Ever notice all the condensation after vaping? That's why we have wicks to create that and allow us to vape without the heat of the coils burning our throats. Ecblends may have a steep process, but I can assure you fast steeping method , isn't gonna change the taste that much compared to dripping..

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. You can have the steak that was thrown into the coals. I prefer mine without the extra fiber, thanks. :)

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. You can have the steak that was thrown into the coals. I prefer mine without the extra fiber, thanks.  :)

Steak is good anyway you cook it.. it's a steak... I'll enjoy my rebuilds and you can enjoy your steeping method..

You really don't have to do all that.. just vape it.. The taste isn't going to dramatically change in a month.. You want the best taste? Build your own coil on a mech mod with some fluffy cotton as your wick, and you will get great taste..

Actually, with the 6 EC Blends flavors I have right now, yes, it's pretty necessary. There are some I've heard that are good just as they come, but the six I ordered and received last month, and they weren't even dragon series, there was barely any taste in them at all the day they came. They definitely have developed taste over time.

Though that brings me to a question, Tam and Troy - it's been a couple days shy of a month, do you think they should be good now? If I don't like them through the dripper, try them in an evod? Or should I let them sit a bit more?

Actually, with the 6 EC Blends flavors I have right now, yes, it's pretty necessary. There are some I've heard that are good just as they come, but the six I ordered and received last month, and they weren't even dragon series, there was barely any taste in them at all the day they came. They definitely have developed taste over time.

Though that brings me to a question, Tam and Troy - it's been a couple days shy of a month, do you think they should be good now? If I don't like them through the dripper, try them in an evod? Or should I let them sit a bit more?

I'd give it a try in the Evod, maybe just fill a little under half the tank just in case it's not to your liking yet. Only you will be able to tell if it's where you want it to be. :)

I don't think you'll last here very long...this is the nice kids playground.....or are you just frozen like the rest of us in Colorado?

Nope I'm warm and snug with my wife in bed laughing to myself how hypocritical some of you are. Very tight group that thinks it's only their playground..

I have 8 bottles of EC Blends Dragon Series Juice. I think I have 1 of every flavor due to all the good reviews I have heard about them. I received them the first week of November and they are still steeping. The first month I left the tops off and shook them everyday. Since then I put the lids back on because my Grandbaby moved in with me but I still pull them out of the top of the closet and shake them everyday. It really gives me something to look forward to because I know with all this steeping and anticipation that juice is going to be so GOOD! That's the benefits of being a part of a great forum like this we learn from each other.

Well, I put them here because the conversation had turned to EC Blends juices, and how much steeping was needed, or IF steeping was needed, or speed steeping, etc. So I threw it out there. Gonna be starting a few other threads on other things today anyway.

EDIT: But I should be going to Better Vapes today to pick up about 150 mls of a couple different flavored juices, providing, well, okay, providing my husband feels better and can/will drive me...which he should since he wants to try a couple flavors out. So when I come home I'll get the thread back on track.

Edited by spydre