Do You Think E-Cig Can Take Place Of Smoking Cessation Products?

As we all know, FDA regulates E-cig as tobacco products. But many research indicates that the nicotine contains present in E-cigarettes are similar to found in nicotine replacement products.

As Electronic cigarettes produce nicotine vapor which provides same smoking experience to smokers, it can be more effective compare to other nicotine replacement products like patches and inhalers.

What you think? Would you like to use E-cig as quit smoking products?

There are a lot of ways to cease smoking.I am a little amused at this cessation product classification.You can use hard candy,gum,soda straws ,sex or about any other distraction that would serve to break your habits.Nicotine seems to be the deciding factor for a product to be a regulated cessation product.For vaping to attain that status it would have to be regulated in all aspects unlike at the present time when no one has any idea exactly what they are getting when they take a puff.There are some large import companies that have attained some sorts of verification and certification from thier home country and a few export countries that could likely fit the bill.One of them would have to submit thier products and recommended usage for smoking cessation program for certification.Once that can of worms is opened there is the possibility all uncertified and regulated products would have to be banned to protect consumers.That is why it was considered a win for us when vaping products were classified as a tobacco product instead of a smoking cessation product.This could stilll happen so enjoy the freedom you have right now and use it to beat your addiction if it works that way for you while you still are in control.

I have tried Champix, the gum, lozenges and a few other ways, I'd have to say the ecig works waaaaay better than what I have tried! I went from smoking over half pack of cigs, down to 2 a day! And I have only been vaping for 2 weeks. I go through about 2-3ml of liquid a day. So I figure 1 bottle of 10ml will last me almost 5days at $6 per bottle. Beats cigs at 13$ a pack that only lasts me less than 2 full days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've tried quitting about 9 times in the 20 some years I smoked. The e-cig got me off the cigarettes. But now I have an e-cig. LOL! Although, to be fair... a former friend of mine quit using the gum, and she was still chewing the gum two years later.

I've tried quitting about 9 times in the 20 some years I smoked. The e-cig got me off the cigarettes. But now I have an e-cig. LOL! Although, to be fair... a former friend of mine quit using the gum, and she was still chewing the gum two years later.

Still, they are both much healthier than smoking.

True. But I doubt e-cigs will replace other smoking cessation products. Reason being... everyone finds something different that works for them. I've met a bunch of people who just couldn't get over the taste of the liquids for e-cigs, and believe me, they tried. They had a decent setup, tried liquids from various catagories and vendors, no go. My mom is struggling with this right now. But then you have someone like me who tried every smoking cessation product I could and they all made me sick (I still back slowly away from the patch when I come across it, that was a sick I'll never forget).

I do, however, think they all do pretty much the same thing. You switch to them. Maybe you can get yourself off of them, maybe you don't bother to try. You slowly step yourself down or you enjoy what you have.

All I know is I didn't start using electronic cigarettes to quit smoking...I started because cigarette prices shot up a dollar overnight. Except for one 4 month period, I've used electronic cigarettes exclusively.

Whether someone characterizes this as a "smoking alternative", "smoking cessation" or "stop smoking" device is irrelevant to me. It's purpose is whatever the user chooses it to be. It doesn't have to, or need to take the place of anything...it should be available for use as the consumer sees fit.

Edited by SABOTEUR

All I know is I didn't start using electronic cigarettes to quit smoking...I started because cigarette prices shot up a dollar overnight. Except for one 4 month period, I've used electronic cigarettes exclusively.

Whether someone characterizes this as a "smoking alternative", "smoking cessation" or "stop smoking" device is irrelevant to me. It's purpose is whatever the user chooses it to be. It doesn't have to, or need to take the place of anything...it should be available for use as the consumer sees fit.

Years ago, cigs went up double(from 6$ to 13$ overnight) and they will keep going up I think.

Years ago, cigs went up double(from 6$ to 13$ overnight) and they will keep going up I think.

The upside to this, I think, is escalating prices and bans are doing something cancer couldn't do...

...force people to quit smoking, cut back or find smoking alternatives. E-cigarette users are in a good place. Despite efforts to restrict and ban electronic cigarettes, there's enough knowledge circulating about how this whole thing works that e-cigs will always be available in some form or fashion.

Hi,

One of the best products that I have ever come across to quit smoking is Nicorette Gum and I believe in that product because today with the help of that I used Nicorette Gum that allowed me to actively control on how much nicotine I used & when I used it.

I used Low Strength 2mg Gum: Since it was suitable for me, I use to smoke approx 12 cigarettes a day.

And so with the 12 Week Nicotine Replacement Plan of Nicorette I quit smoking. Today it’s been almost more than 6months and I don't get any cravings.

Thanks and Cheers to Nicorette and its Quit smoking Products.

Admin Edit: Link removed. Please do not post to spammy product websites. It just insults our members intelligence :) - Chris

Regards,

Neil