Fancy Mouth Tips

I'm a huge fan of mouth tips in general and I love to switch them out all the time

I usually get metal ones or various "plastic" kinds but today i just got a pyrex mouth tip for the first time and let me just say that it's amazing!!

it's handblown pyrex, so it looks really cool. you can tell it's handmade i <3 that

it's a bit of a tight fit on my smoktech carto but it came with a smaller o-ring so i might try that

the feeling is great. i like it 'cause it has a really smooth shape that fits the lip quite nicely

i want to post pictures but i'm on my ipad (*scowling @ios ) so i cant upload anything. will do so when i get home.

Yeah, apparently i got the v1 which has a short insert part, the v2 doesn't have that problem, the inset is a lot longer.

Definitely had the mouth tip pop off on me a few times yesterday....

Since I use 1.7 ohm single-coil cartos while at work, I prefer the clear plastic drip tips because of their cooling effect. LR cartos can get pretty dang hot when it's 100+ degrees outside, so using a tip is pretty much a necessity for me. The plastic tips seem to be much cooler on the lips than the metal ones, but the anodized aluminum tips are pretty cool, too. I just placed an order for a ceramic tip yesterday...I figure it should be on par with the glass ones for coolness.

I also use LR cartos, usually the short 1.8

The glass tip works great for heat transfer

never hearad of a ceramic one, but that sounds interesting

...never heard of a ceramic one, but that sounds interesting

I ordered this style ceramic tip from smoktek.com for $4.29, but they also have the Ming Vase style for $4.99. I wish I had a glass tip to compare it to, but they're a little too expensive for something I KNOW I'll break straight away. :crybaby: Maybe someday.

Actually they are pyrex! Not as breakable but I totally get your point. i have heard of a lot of people using the ming vase. i have one but i dont like it. it's super heavy and i always hit it against my teeth. o_O

Here she is! finally....

I'm still loving this tip despite it falling out every so often... meh

So you've had your Pyrex drip tip for a few days now...how's it working out for you? Does it stay pretty cool compared to your other tips?

My ceramic tip came in. It's a good snug fit and very cool on the lips...about as cool as my transparent acrylic ones.

510-901_Transparent_Drip_Tips__75937_zoom.pngDRIPTCER-2T.jpg

Trasparent Acrylic and Ceramic Drip Tips

Edited by Rixter

@rixter

it's awesome, I really dont have anything to complain about. Earlier I mentioned that the mouth tip would pop out pretty easily for no reason. I swapped it out for the fatter replacement ones that came with it and it hasnt' fallen out since. Zero heat transfer on those shorty cartos. I have used both 1.8 and 2.0 ohm cartos since i got it and i didn't experience any heat whatsoever.

The mouth feel on this tip is incredible! It's so smooth and soft, and the shape is really nice also.

Compared to other mouth tips (i have those acrylic ones (pawn, alien, knuckle), stainless (whistle, vase, pawn), and rubber) it does a better job of cooling the vapor before it hits your mouth IMHO.

you can def see the condensation on the inside.

Overall it was a bit $ but worth having in my collection!!

Edited by Jdog