Benefits Of 5V Vaping Over 3.7V Lr Vaping?

Can someone please explain to me what the advantage of vaping at 5V over vaping with a 3.7V low-resistance setup is?

In my experience, it seems that the "optimum" vaping power range is somewhere from 6W to 8W...I know, you can go higher, but if you can achieve 7-ish watts, that should be good enough to enjoy your vape, right?

I keep hearing that I need to go 5V, and some reviewers have even mentioned that they might stop reviewing on 3.7V PVs because 5V is so "superior", but I gotta say that a 3.7V battery and a 1.7ohm single-coil carto will produce an 8W vapor that some might consider to be too much!

My motive here is 1) to see if I even really need to go 5V, and 2) to find the least expensive way to go 5V and still maintain quality.

Thanks for any facts, theories, or suggestions that you may have...my real goal here is to learn something new.

Rixter

Edited by Rixter

imho i dont see a dam thing wrong with my kgo which granted starts off at like 4v but ive never known a 5v vape. im not too hot on the 4.8 setting on my twist but then again im rocking lr cartos... but hey i am happier that a pig in sh*t! lol

You are missing the point.It is an excuse to buy a new expensive PV.And then you can come up with a theory on why it is better so you don't feel bad about spending the money and try to talk us into getting one as well.That should get someone going.☺The whole idea is to get the liquid heated to a point to produce optimun vapor without ruining the flavor.Sounds like you have identfied your perfect zone.So I say rock it .

Edited by mcquinn

When I first started vaping, we didn't have any 5v and we didn't have any LR attys or cartos. And yet, I started vaping and never looked back. It was that good. But then came the 5v devices and we all thought we were in heaven! Of course, back then, we had to be plugged in to the wall to get that 5v, but it was worth it. When they came out with LR attys, I thought it was very close to a 5v vape. Not quite the same, but close. It was so much better for me that I knew I would never go back to the regular attys. Now I own a lava tube and switch back and forth between it, my provape and my eGo. There is a difference in that the 5v vape is hotter and you do get more vapor, but I don't think it's so much more that I would call it "superior". Just my opinion. I use my lava tube or provape when I'm sitting at the computer or watching tv, but my eGo is better for carrying around in my pocket when I'm up and about and doing "stuff".

I wouldn't say that you "need" to go to 5v. If you're happy with what you have, that's great - that's more important than anything else. If you "want" to try the 5v and for a reasonable price, I'd suggest you try the lava tube.

I got a 5V passthrough from Electronicstix for $10.00 and it works well with regular resistance carts. However, I still use my eGo's all the time and don't really see a need to use the 5V. Now that we are discussing it, I'll have to get it out and compair it with my eGo's again. I just wanna leave tobacco alone which is why I started this thing and so far I'm good. I just get frustrated at having to keep buying and or cleaning Carto's and wish they would last longer using 50/50 PG/VG mixes. I need the vapor to feel satisfied myself.

I find that high voltage + high rez cartos give more of a "pushed" hit, as in, you don't have to inhale as much as the vapor is pushed into your mouth. It's definitely something to get used to, but I find myself sticking in general to a good 3.7 or 4V.

One thing I don't like too much about most high V vapes is that they are such big devices

Okay, so I'm still missing something, I guess. :wallbash: It sounds like the 5-volters are saying that 8W performs differently on a 5V PV than it does on a 3.7V PV. Or are you 5-volters going past 8W? And if that's the case, what wattage should I be trying to achieve (without starting a forest-fire lol)?

SafeVapingPowerChart.jpg

Edited by Rixter

I got a 5V passthrough from Electronicstix for $10.00 and it works well with regular resistance carts. However, I still use my eGo's all the time and don't really see a need to use the 5V. Now that we are discussing it, I'll have to get it out and compair it with my eGo's again. I just wanna leave tobacco alone which is why I started this thing and so far I'm good. I just get frustrated at having to keep buying and or cleaning Carto's and wish they would last longer using 50/50 PG/VG mixes. I need the vapor to feel satisfied myself.

I think the 5V pass-through is probably the most affordable way to check out HV vaping. I think I can forgo the bells and whistles of pricier PVs for now and still get a good idea of what 5V vaping is all about with a pass-through. All I need now are suggestions on atty/carto/tank resistance.

You think this is a good debate ask how you can put the same Ultrfire 14500 battery in different mods with the same Boge carto and liquid and get different results.I think standard resistance at 5 volts will pretty much do the trick.

Okay, so I'm still missing something, I guess. :wallbash: It sounds like the 5-volters are saying that 8W performs differently on a 5V PV than it does on a 3.7V PV. Or are you 5-volters going past 8W? And if that's the case, what wattage should I be trying to achieve (without starting a forest-fire lol)?

I always used Joye 510 atomizers which are 2.2ohm. At 5V that's over 11 watts. I swichted to high voltage about 4-5 months into my vaping journey because I felt like I couldn't get enough throat hit and I was starting to get some bad cravings for an analog. HV vaping worked for me. Soon after that LR attys came out. I tried a few and didn't care for them. Can't really explain why, but I liked 5V better. It's all a matter of personal preference. After several months of HV vaping I got a variable voltage device and started lowering the voltage. Now I vape at 4.2V most of the time.