Rixter’S First Impression Of The Vision Vivi Nova Rebuildable Clearomizer -Or- Livin’ La Vivi Nova

Rixter

Rixter’s First Impression of the Vision ViVi Nova Rebuildable Clearomizer

-OR-

Livin’ La ViVi Nova!!!

gallery_15088_188_39170.jpg

Hello, vapers.

I arrived home Wednesday to find a really important package in my mailbox. Yup...the order I placed Saturday afternoon for a Vision ViVi Nova tank system was waiting for me to start reviewing! Getting my online purchases in my hands promptly is a really good way to keep me coming back, so right off the bat, I gotta give esmokeronline.com a gold star for fast processing. They were also speedy about answering my email regarding how to identify the version I received (v2). Good job, guys...I’ll be back!

After carefully opening the USPS Small Flat Rate Box and emptying the package onto the table, I noticed something that made me worry slightly...inside the package was one ViVi Nova box (roughly 3-3/8” x 2-3/16” x 7/8”), two business cards from the vendor, and precisely six pieces of packing popcorn. This device box had nothing substantial to keep it from pinballing around inside the package while in transit. Although it arrived unscathed, I think that a little bit better job of securing the product (maybe paper or bubble-wrap) is definitely in order.

gallery_15088_188_52453.jpg

The Vision ViVi Nova Clearomizer attached to an Innokin Leo Pro

I have to say that the ViVi Nova looked very impressive in its form-fitting inner packaging, which also displays the two additional heads. It’s a little bit smaller than the pictures on the website led me to believe, but as you can see from the shots I took of it on an Innokin Leo Pro, it’s not tiny. I did encounter a little problem when I screwed it onto my Leo Pro...it was a little lop-sided, but after making some minor manual adjustments to the bottom plate (using only my fingers), I got it to stand up straight like it’s supposed to. Considering my luck as of late, I would like to think that this was an isolated incident and I received the one and only ViVi Nova ever made that wasn’t perfectly straight. Only time will tell.

Since my current favorite delivery system is CCV’s 1.7 ohm Resurrector cartomizer, I immediately decided to forgo using the attached 2.4 ohm or included 2.8 ohm heads, and made a bee-line for the 1.8 ohm head instead. Following the online”break in” instructions, I filled it to the top line (2.8 ml in graduated .35 ml increments), screwed on the top, and gave it a little shake to wet the wicks. Everything buttoned up nicely, and after turning it completely upside-down, rightside-up, and everything in between, I decided that leaking shouldn’t be a problem with this system. The top of the coil head has a seal that presses firmly against the screw-on top when closed. The manner in which everything seals up when the top is snugged down doesn’t appear to leave any place for it to leak from. So far, the Nova seemed to be a solidly built, well-designed piece of vaping gear perfect for home use, but how would it handle moderately heavy vaping and riding around in my baggy cargo-shorts pockets while I worked for 8 hours at a very busy furniture and cabinet shop?

There was really only one way to find out if this thing is rugged enough for my tastes, and that was by passing a real-world stress test. So on Thursday morning, I dropped my Nova-topped Leo Pro into my pocket and headed off to work. Throughout the day, I vaped on it for a bit, and then stowed it back in my pocket by just dropping it in and letting it lay how it landed. Don’t get me wrong...I didn’t abuse it, and was somewhat mindful of the gear in my pocket, but I didn’t give it any special treatment either. If it was too fragile to take it, then the worst that could happen is that it would break and I would smell like e-juice ‘til bathtime...no big deal.

It didn’t break. It didn’t even leak. In fact, late in the afternoon, I pulled off the drip tip to have a peek inside, and saw maybe half a drop of e-liquid pooled in the corner of the drip tip well. Not bad. This thing rode topsy-turvey all day long without leaking so much as a single drop! No gurgle, either...not one time. I am really very impressed with the solidness of the Nova, and even if I should somehow crack the tubing, threaded replacement tanks made of either metal or plastic are available in several colors for about $3.

How does it vape? I’d have to say that concerning the “Big Three” (flavor, throat hit, vapor production), the ViVi Nova scored top marks across the board. I can’t say much about the 2.4 ohm or 2.8 ohm heads (because I never even used them), but the 1.8 ohm head really shined. Of course, F/T/V depends a lot on the e-juice you use, but as a general statement, the Nova definitely performed well in all three categories. I didn’t have a single juice that tasted odd because of this device. PG, VG, and blended sauces that work just fine in my 1.7 ohm Resurrectors worked just as fine in the Nova...and the Nova holds more juice. Things didn’t pop with quite the ferocity of the Resurrectors, but it still popped (think wild tiger vs. zoo tiger).

I won’t get into the supposedly simple DIY coil rebuilding, but I don’t really see the need to make your own coils when you can pick up a replacement head in 1.8, 2.4, or 2.8 ohm resistance levels for around $3. Unless you are just an avid DIYer (or an extreme cheapskate), you can order a couple of extra heads for around the price of a Happy Meal.

Overall, I’m impressed. I’ve tried quite a few delivery systems, one of which (the Resurrector cartomizer, of course) still resides at the very top of my go-to list, but now it has a little company (it can be lonely at the top). The Vision ViVi Nova Clearomizer get top marks in design, toughness, quality, and performance. The idea that you can easily disassemble the entire device for cleaning and maintenance, plus the fact that you can change elements on the fly, just adds flexibility to the mix and makes this one a real competitor. You can get yourself one at quite a few places around the web, or you can get one at the same place I got mine, esmokeronline.com...that is if you like good prices, fast shipping, and great customer service.

Until next time...happy vaping!

Rixter

Edited by Rixter

I also got the vision vivi nova but don't know what ohm I am vaping on because I don't see where it says on them.

The resistance level in ohms is etched into the side of the head.

1040.png

nice review! i knew youd like the nova! i liked my coworkers when he got his and i got to play with it for a day or so. glad its workin out for ya! im still and prob always will be a dct guy, and every one has their fav. but id say its a tie for me as well...

Edited by kgoallthewaygo

nice review! i knew youd like the nova! i liked my coworkers when he got his and i got to play with it for a day or so. glad its workin out for ya! im still and prob always will be a dct guy, and every one has their fav. but id say its a tie for me as well...

Thanks, man. I tried to cover all the bases. Although I downplayed rebuilding the atomizer heads, I do think I'll try my hand at it just in case I can't find new ones some day. I'd also like to mess around with various wick types and lengths (V2 comes stock with shorties...which work suprisingly well, imo). It is kinda cool that it's so easy to do...at least it looks easy on youtube. lol

I have plans to do a few more reviews of some other products in the near future as well. Some will be gear I already have, and some will be gear I've never used before. I ordered and received a Vision eGo Clearomizer V2 the other day, but I think I'll have to wait a bit on that review because I couldn't be fair to it with the Nova still fresh. When the "new" wears off a little, I'll take a shot at some others. Also, I won't be letting the vendors know that what they're selling me is for review, because I wanna be "Joe Average" in their minds. Just like the Nova needing some minor tweaks, I want what everybody else gets...it's only fair, right?

Stay tuned,

Rixter

In case anyone was wondering how far you can break the Nova down for cleaning...

gallery_15088_188_63068.jpg

You can still go a little farther if you wanna break down the atty head and pull off a few O-rings.

@Rixter.Nice review and good info.I'm a tank and vision clearomizer user.I ordered a vivi nova that should be here monday.It looks smilar to a wicked tank that I tried a while back,but with better wick system.Cant wait to try it.

@Rixter.Nice review and good info.I'm a tank and vision clearomizer user.I ordered a vivi nova that should be here monday.It looks smilar to a wicked tank that I tried a while back,but with better wick system.Cant wait to try it.

Thanks for the compliment, and I'm pretty sure you're gonna be more than satisfied with your Nova.

As for the wicking system involved, I'm becoming more and more convinced that having the ability to easily hand re-coil and re-wick, using the type and length wicking material that suits your preferences, could just possibly make this one the last delivery device you'll ever need to buy (like THAT's gonna happen, right? LOL). I'm ordering the stuff to re-wick soon so I can see what benefits 100% cotton braided wick material has to offer. Also, since V2 comes with short wicks, I'd like to see what difference longer wicks make at mopping up the last little bit when the tank nears empty. When approaching empty using short wicks, you have to tilt the device downward to get the last drops into the wick, but it's just at the very end of the load and not really the hassle some might think.

Rixter

@ Rixter. I tried a similar tank called a Cartzilla and it was junk. The tank part was well built, but the wicking system was poorly done. It looks like the vivi nova has a better wicking system. Where do you buy stuff for rebuilding?

Where do you buy stuff for rebuilding?

I found

that explains how to re-coil/re-wick the Nova and what to use to do it. I located the wick material he uses here, and the Nichrome 32 awg coil wire (for 1.8 ohm coils) here. For around $9 + shipping, you get enough wire and wick to rebuild about a bazillion Nova elements!

The important stuff is from 2:30 to 10:45

Edited by Rixter

http://www.gotvapes....products_id=740@ Rixter. Great video,thanks again! I was just at gotvapes and it looks like they have the 2.5 version vivi nova. It looks like wicks are longer.

...and Timeeast has the v3 for $11.50 here. Except for the return of the long wick, I'm not sure of the new modifications (if any), but I'm going to try emailing them for some more detailed information.

Stay tuned...

Rixter

...and Timeeast has the v3 for $11.50 here. Except for the return of the long wick, I'm not sure of the new modifications (if any), but I'm going to try emailing them for some more detailed information.

Stay tuned...

Rixter

From what i've seen, the tank is also better.

@Rixter. I got my vivi nova today and it's awesome! I'm rockin the 2.4 ohm on my LT at 4.8 volts. I also ordered a second 2.5 version from gotapes. In addition to longer wicks, they made the tanks better and changed the venting. Unless something unforseen happens with this tank, it will be the last one I ever purchase. Thanks again for the revue.

@Rixter. I got my vivi nova today and it's awesome! I'm rockin the 2.4 ohm on my LT at 4.8 volts. I also ordered a second 2.5 version from gotapes. In addition to longer wicks, they made the tanks better and changed the venting. Unless something unforseen happens with this tank, it will be the last one I ever purchase. Thanks again for the revue.

It's gonna be difficult for anyone to come up with something better, for sure. In my opinion, the Nova is the embodiment of everything a good tank should be, and other than someone inventing the "eternal coil", I don't see how anyone could improve on it.

I do plan to order a stainless steel tank for mine so I can continue taking it to work with me without the worries of somehow smashing a plastic tank in my pocket, but so far, this is a tough li'l sucker that does everything it's supposed to do...and is easy to clean between flavors.

Enjoy.

Rixter

By the way, the vent holes on the v2 are located just above the 510 threads, as opposed to the original Nova, where the vent holes were on the perimeter of the bottom knurled plate. Are the v2.5 vent holes in the same location as the v2?

Edited by Rixter

• 3 months later...

I too am very impressed with the Nova, I'm still on the first head (1.8 ohm) and it's still kicking after over a month. I haven't even tried cleaning it yet and now coupled with the eGo C Twist I am in hog heaven....lol

• 2 months later...

Been using the vivi nova for about 5 months and it's become my favorite. The only problem i've had is with replacement heads. It seems like when I find them on sale they haven't been lasting as long. They seem like they burn out quicker. Dont know why that would be.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines