E Cigs And Airport Security

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems taking an e cig thru airport security. They r so picky about what u can or cannot bring thru. Last yr when I traveled they made me throw away a new unopened bottle of water, so I'm alittle concerned they may freak out over my e cig and not let me get thru with it. Anyone know what the rules r regarding this? I don't want to have to throw my e cig/supplies away just to get thru security. =(

I did a google search and found this: http://forum.v2cigs....-a-plane-flight

I guess it would depend if you would like to take your chances with the TSA nazi's. Personally, I probably would try carrying it on. Not interested in landing and my ego t being lost with my bags.

We gave them the freedom to protect us, instead they harass the elderly and 8yrs with invasive patdowns. Im a libertarian, so I have MANY, MANY problems with law enforcement/TSA/Government. (Not as in .... I stay in trouble ... Just that they take our freedom away and its precious.) We have a false sense of security.

IMO, even if you knew the law front to back which noone does ... The TSA can still make you throw away your 70.00 ecig or deny you to fly. We need to take this power back.

Good luck to you!!

Edited by teamscon

just put it in a checked bag. i would never try carrying my ecig/supplies on the plane. let's face it, they look crazy and the first thing the TSA is looking for when searching you or your carry on is crazy looking stuff.

carrying it on is asking for trouble. imho

I take my e-cigarettes in my carry-on and purse.. different parts in different compartments. If they see it all together, they may ask questions. Someone here said he packed an e-cig kit in his baggage and found it missing at baggage claim. Not cool.

Yes, went to Denver recently with several devices in my "man purse".

One was an old Copper mod I used to make. Kind of pipe bomb looking device.

Out of Baltimore "what's that?", "an electronic cigarette", "oh....ok". No problems at all and they never mentioned anything else, the eGo, cartos, or juice.

Back out of Denver was a little different, it took me 10 minutes to convince them it (the Mod) was only an Ecig.

Lesson learned, no crazy looking devices, and don't hide anything.

Oh, I did use the eGo on the plane, in a stealth manner.