Do You Vape In Public Places?

A lot of times I keep the same habits as I did when smoking analogs.. going outdoors (unless I'm at home), not in restaurants, stores, theaters, etc. During the hours I work it's a little harder, so I tend to stealth vape at my desk. I hold it in my lungs longer so the vapor is less impressive when it escapes.

I play to the audience.I still go fellowship with the smokers and tell stories ,I kind of miss standing in the snow with people who I would have never met telling jokes and gossiping.I also stealth vape when required.

I vape just about everywhere but I do it discretely. If I'm in a store I'll take a single toot and put it back in my pocket, blow out the vapor when no one is looking and it's over before anyone knows anything. Sometimes someone might see a plume of vapor and do a double take and look confused. If I'm somewhere where people are going outside to smoke I will usually go outside with them to vape. In my county or city, not sure who's law it is, e-cigs are not allowed in work places or anywhere else that smoking is not allowed. Local businesses have been sent a notice last year of this new rule but it is not enforced or even known to exist by most people. I have never been told "you can't do that in here" but I like I said, I don't show it off. A local club owner showed me the notice he got about this when he saw me with an e-cig and in the same breath he said "but I don't care if you use it in here". Places like clubs and restaurants I don't go to much and when I do I rather vape outside anyways and hang out with the smokers.

Edited by Mike

In my county or city, not sure who's law it is, e-cigs are not allowed in work places or anywhere else that smoking is not allowed.

That sucks a lot of nightclubs and bars in Ohio have welcomed ecigs because it is bringing back business that was lost over 10 years ago when the war on smoking first started in Ohio, They call it the "indoor air quality act" and it's total BS.

Discretion. I try to not impose upon people--it's just one of my things. If I truly must, I try to be as discrete as possible. After all, it's not their fault I'm addicted to nicotine, and I do realize that there is a minuscule amount of nicotine in the air after an exhale. I know it's not dangerous, but I try to be polite. Plus, I know that Vaping is on sensitive ground. I hope that, in time, people will become less ignorant to the life-saving aspect of vaping as compared to cigarettes. Do I wish I could vape openly at my desk? Of course I do. But, it's probably something that should never happen.

It is very rare for me to see anyone in my area using e-cigs. I know it is gaining popularity around here and I do have several friends and family members who vape but that's about it. Also I usually work outside and don't do a lot of indoor stuff where places to vape might not be appropriate. I haven't seen anyone else in stores, malls, courthouses or hospitals vape but I do. I had a doctor in the hospital give me permission to vape in the ER, I asked first. 5 minutes later a nurse says a couldn't, 5 minutes later a different nurse says I could. It's wierd like that around here.

@ Mike.. If I worked outside I wouldn't have any trouble vaping in public. Vaping in the ER, though.. that was one intrepid and informed doctor.. and the one nurse. Amazing, actually.

I'd feel a little funny vaping in places where cig smokers are not allowed to so I don't or just sneak a toot here or there. As for the ER, they wanted me to stick around for a while and I said I would and if they don't mind if I step out for a minute to vape. He said go ahead and puff on that right here. So I did.

At the Mall where smoking has been banned for a number of years is another place where a security cop told me it was ok to use e-cigs but I've never seen people vaping there. There are very few vapers that I notice anywhere around here and rules or laws are not clear to vapers or business owners, it depends on who your talking to at the time.

I vaped in my daughters place of employment the other day. I did not want to but she said people come in all the time and vape. Her boss saw me and did not say a thing about it. I also vaped in other stores and places to eat..oh, I also vaped in court in the restroom. my PV did not set the detector off thank god!!. no one saw me because I sneaked a puff or 2..All I could say is, it is my inhaler....I am always afraid I would get thrown out for it if I am caught.

I tend to vape most places but I do it so that no one can see the vapor. The only place I that I do not hide it is at the bar. Bars in my county have not yet banned smoking but the bars in surounding areas have and they welcome vapors. It is definatelty catching on in north central West Virginia so there are bery few times that I do do get odd looks If I do get caught vaping in public.

People are really quite nice about it up here. If you ask politely and show them what it is, managers have been really cool on the bar and restaurant front. I'm another one of the lucky ones, I can vape at my desk all day with no issues.

I do it here without too many funny looks. I refrain from vaping in restaurants though as it's simply not worth the hassle. I was on a flight a few weeks ago and saw someone vaping mid flight. I was stunned that the flight attendants didn't say anything. Nice to know though. :)

I follow a simple rule, if you can't smoke there I don't vape there. Not because I can't but because it's not worth the hassle honestly. But I do vape in public where I can. I've actually run into people that have recognized me which makes me feel famous for about 5 minutes :lol:

I will vape discretely, but try not to draw attention to myself. At work, everyone know I was a heavy smoker and they all know I vape at I my desk, but very few have actually seen me do it.

I follow a simple rule, if you can't smoke there I don't vape there. Not because I can't but because it's not worth the hassle honestly.

I agree, but I think people should be more accepting than they are. I hate feeling like I am being shoved into a a dark room after all the public had no problem accepting ciggies for the last 100 years.

I am a little over a year vaping now, and have stopped hiding my vaping whatsoever. I vape openly in stores, restaurants, amusement parks, airports, my desk at the office, and yes was even vaping with one hand while they stitched the other at the urgent care center. I am actually surprised at how seldom i get questioned or confronted about it. I do admit to getting a lot of odd looks, but since what i am doing is not prohibited by any state or local laws, I feel I am perfectly within my rights doing so. I often carry my Provari in my hand as i shop and unabashedly take toots at my leisure. Most commonly people that do ask what i am doing are perfectly happy when i say its my electronic cigarette. This type of unabashed vaping has actually resulted in the conversion of at least 3 people to vaping and have had more than a dozen more to whom i have given one of my custom cards that explains about vaping and provides resource information to learn more (including this site). I am of the firm belief that it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission due to the lack of understanding that is generally exhibited when i have tried to ask and explain, i find that just vaping away is now my primary choice! I am proud to be a vaper and equally excited to tell others about vaping when they gather up the courage to ask. By not stealth vaping and doing so openly, i feel this encourages others to ask about what i am doing since i am not trying to hide it.

To each their own, but for me, i have gotten over any stigma involved in vaping and I am PROUD TO BE A VAPER!

i tend to keep to my analog sched when im out n about. i take my kgo in stores and what not but i always forget to pull it out! lol i dont really like vaping in restaurants cuz i grew up in a no smoking state where if they serve food you cant smoke. gues its ingrained... but movie theaters store so on and so forth. but like padave said IM PROUD TO BE A VAPER! ITS SAVED MY LIFE!

I found out who banned e-cigs in indoor places in my city. I can thank Taunton's Board of Health for that one. They made that effective on April 1st of 2010 which is fitting because it is foolish.

I vaped in my daughters place of employment the other day. I did not want to but she said people come in all the time and vape. Her boss saw me and did not say a thing about it. I also vaped in other stores and places to eat..oh, I also vaped in court in the restroom. my PV did not set the detector off thank god!!. no one saw me because I sneaked a puff or 2..All I could say is, it is my inhaler....I am always afraid I would get thrown out for it if I am caught.

I can vape all I want at my place of Employment. I clean Rental unit at the Beach so they do not mind.