Cartomizers And Me.

Well anyone who followed my "am i too stupid to vape" thread knows where this is going. I can not get any cartomizers to work. I ordered 20 of the 1.7ohm xl smoktech "ressurectors". Out of probably the 8 that I've tried I've vaped maybe 5ml's total. None of these have worked well for me. I've had the same luck with the dcc from totally wicked. I've wasted probably close to 20ml or more of juice in these horrible things you call cartomizers. I've had at least 5 of these smoktech that i fill completely to find out they do not fire properly. They get hot but put out next to no vapor. One vaped about 4ml and started flooding, One vaped I'd imagine about 1ml and started tasting burnt. I'm sick of wasting my juice. I'm at a total loss with these. I put in an order today for 2 vision ego stardust a box of fluxomizers and a box of ce3 style bottom coil clearos. I'm determined to find something other than dripping that works like it should. I'm steering towards the clearos so that I will at least be able to salvage my juice if or when these stop working. Cartomizers seem like such a straight forward design I have a hard time accepting that they don't work for me. I've heard nothing but good things about the boge 2.0 and 3.0 so these may be my very last attempts at using a cartomizer. I want to use tanks. I own two xl tanks and can not use them because I can not get cartomizers to work. I have had one successful cartomizer experience and that was with one of the pre punched dcc from totally wicked. I actually vaped over 20ml in that one carto. It worked beautifully and now i can't get any of them to work much less work well. I'm looking I guess for advice or insight. I only fill by dripping into the top of carto's avoiding the center hole. I always fill to the top to where you can see the juice at the top of the poly fill. I know carto's have been a standard in this industry for years but I'm either not doing something right or I've been unlucky enough to get only bad cartos new. Thank you for listening to this rant.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

I feel your pain. Have you tried widening the slot with a dremel or punch? If I'm using the DCC and tank, I'll put an nice slot in it and a maybe 1 ML or less in the carto and let it feed from the bottom. There is a bad taste off the bat with most of the smok cartos I get, but it usually goes away.

the 1.7 smoktek ressurectors are the best right next to the boge ones that ive experienced. I order my 1,7 smok techs from madvapes, and the boges are basically the same all over I think. What voltage are you vaping them at? and what specific PV or PV's are you using them on? Im just trying to get all the info because I honestly can say that cartomizers are the easiest types Ive been through, clearomizers/atomizers have given me more trouble. Also what specific types of e-liquid are you using in them, VG/PG ratio, flavor etc. There are some liquids that kill cartos much faster than others.

The only things I can think of are

1: You might be flooding the cartomizers, if it seems like it gurgles or you get juice splashing up into your mouth when you inhale, its too flooded, you can remedy this by just blowing through the entire thing into a napkin , getting rid of the excess juice.

2: You are using too thick of a juice that doesnt wick all the way to the coils, when it looks like its 'filled' with VG juice it actually isnt, it just takes a bit more to absorb. The way I fix this is just drip a bit inside, blow through the carto til the top of the filler doesnt look soaked, then drip more, etc keep on doing it. my 1.7 I usually drip maybe 1-1.5 ml inside and vape directly after.

3: You could be getting a bad batch of cartos, but by the looks of it seems like you have bud luck with msot cartos you do.

4: It could actually be the specific juice you're using, there are juices some people call 'carto killers' which usually just kills a carto on the first fill because of how much additives it has to it, the residue builds up on the coils and in the filler so much it becomes clogged faster than usual.

also the 1.5-2.0 ohm cartos should be used around 3.7v for best vapor, I'm not exactly sure but if you use something that low in OHM's on a 5v+ device , unless its dual coil cartos, you will fry the carto.

The cartomizers alone, minus the tank, should be the easiest ones to use. I personally dont use tanks much so I cannot help you on how to use a cartomizer within a tank. But I can tell you cartomizers alone shouldn't be giving you that much of a problem.

Edited by twelveday

on the smoktechs on a tank what I like to do is fill up the tank (not the carto) and then cover up the bottom hole with my finger tightly. after that i start sucking the juice into the cartomizer use short hard hits to do this. this will fill the cartomizer from the bottom up. after i get a slight gurgly feel i will then put about 5-10 drops into the top and then blow the excess juice out of the bottom. I have given several people this advice and I have been told it has saved them several cartos. It has also saved me several cartos.

I am thinking it is your device.What are you using?You could be maxing out the protection circutry .It will start to get hot but shut down before producing the goods.Just about any mod that is just a battery holder with a switch should fire those carto's in good fashion.The fancy variable volt devices and Ego types have circutry in them to adjust voltage ,limit current and extend battery life.Just to eliminate that you should go as simple as possible and see what happens.Perhaps a cheapo 5 volt passthrough and 1 amp wall wart power supply.Should be less than $20.00 and if that won't work you are indeed vapor challenged.

Good evening all. I'm using these on either ego batteries or the homemade puck box mod that runs roughly around 4.2v (fully charged). The juices I've used have varied quite a bit. I've used Johnson Creek (regular mix), Johnson Creek (Red Oak 100% VG line), Pink Spot (regular mix), Totally Wicked juice (regular mix), as well as juice from a local vendor at 70/30 pg/vg. All of the "regular mixes" mean I don't know that vendor's typical mix ratio, I assume 80/20 as that seems pretty common. I maybe wrong on that. My ego batteries are original Joye equipment.

On a better note, today I received my delivery from Empiremods!!!

2: drip shields

1: 901 LR dripping atty

1: 510 LR drip atty

1: 306 xl drip tip

1: 510 to 901 adapter

1: 510 to 510 extender.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

I think your filling method is likely to blame, dripping down from the top is a great start, but to totally fill it, make a spinner and force the juice all the way to the bottom. Essentially the procedure is: leave the bottom cap on, drip a couple drops into the filler, spin it, drip a couple more drops, spin again, keep doing this until it won't take any more, then take the cap off and GENTLY blow the excess through until the gurgle is essentially gone, then you can vape it, the first couple hits might be a little off, but once the gurgle is gone, you should be good.

Now, as far as a spinner goes, it's very easy to make, just get a shoelace, some tape (electrical, duct, or athletic), and an empty juice bottle (mine was a 3ml, but most thin sizes will work. Cut the top portion of the bottle off so that you have a plastic cylinder with the bottom intact, tape the ends of the shoelace to opposing sides of the empty topless bottle, and you're done, drop your cartomizer in and spin away.

Here's a picture of mine.

IMG_0298.jpg

Edited by JonHitThingWithRock

Well I want to thank everyone for the advice but I believe I am officially done with this system. Now, that being said. I have for sale or trade: one 3.5ml green dct, one 6ml clear dct, two pre-punched dct cartos @ 1.5ohm (both tanks and pre-punched cartos are from Totally Wicked), as well as (15) Smoktech XL cartos @ 1.7ohm (these are stainless and ready to punch though not punched yet). If you purchased this equipment at retail it would be $63 not including shipping from TW. The cartos came from CCV and they have free shipping. I would much prefer to sell these together and would ask $40 via PayPal and that will include shipping. I will provide pictures if you would like.

My email address is frederick.michael@rocketmail.com

Happy Vaping

-mse12

Why not just use the "condom method" to fill? (google it)

i used the condom fill method for quite a while, it's messier and less efficient than the drip-n-spin method, i even tried a condom fill and spin method, which mostly worked, but again was very messy. also i use juices with a lot of vg, and the condom fill method will push the juice through the middle, where it'll sit for a long long time while slowly absorbing, spinning allows me to fill a carto nearly as fast as with pg.

Good evening all, I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that for the last 2 days I have been using an ego vision clearo. It has vaped just over 4ml and hasn't skipped a beat! There is still hope! I'm so thankfull after having nothing but failure with all the regular style cartos. I ordered two and got one free as a gift so I'm ultra excited. If these continue to perform this well I will have to get a map tank to try since it is similar in style to the ce2. I agree that the flavor is somewhat muted but I've found that the case with everything other than dripping. The ego-c has decent flavor but is so inconsistent that it's hardly worth the flavor vs this ego vision. I'm glad to have found something that actually works as it is supposed to.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

Wooooooow, mse12…. I don’t understand.. I honestly think you must be doing something wrong.. I’ve tried many different cartos/attys/etc over the last 9 months, and I found the 1.7ohm ressorectors to be the best thing in the world. I used to use them on my ego, Now I use them on my LT at 4.2 volts. Both my sisters-in-laws, my mother-in-law and my wife use them on their egos. Between the 4 of us, I order 45 at a time. Since I started using them 8 months ago, prolly ordered 150+ of them. I Think I had maybe 1 or 2 total that were DOA.

I VAPE A LOT of low NIC juice. About 10mls of 1-2mg nic/day. I use a tank system. A ressorector lasts me a week. So I get about 70mls per carto, which I think is awesome. MY in-laws vape less. They get about 2 weeks per carto.

Again, don’t know what you are doing, but I stand by the ressorectors, and think they are awesome, and basically never fail. One thing I notice with all cartos, is that you HAVE TO make sure the filling is completely saturated BEFORE fireing for the first time. If not, you will burn the filler, and ruin it, and always taste burnt. When not using a tank, drip about 45+ drops in carto the first time, and let sit a few minutes. Let it drip out the bottom. The blow out the ‘extra’ and start vaping.

The problem probably is me. I don't know honestly. I've wasted so much juice in these things that I've just given up on the traditional carto's. They are just not for me. I am enjoying this ego vision decently well. I'm on refill number 5 and it is still vaping like it was at the start. The best part of this style is if I fill it up and it doesn't fire I can salvage the juice. I'm not a fan of throwing my juice away.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

p.s. I still have 2 xl tanks, 15 smoktech cartos, 2 xl dcc's for sale...$25 for all including shipping.

• 4 months later...

Hello all. I know this thread is forever old but wanted to update. After never selling these tanks or cartos I dug them out of my vaping stash and have succesfully been vaping one of these ressurectors for a few hours. I punched two holes with a saddle valve. I filled the carto via the "condom method". I forced it into the 6ml (because it was a TIGHT fit) and filled the tank. I will say I made one heck of a mess trying to fill it. Once it was filled and wiped down all was well. I didn't fill it with my favorite juice in fears that it would be another bust. I'm vaping it at 4.2v and it's hitting great!

I hear ya mcquinn. I've only had two decent vision clearos. The first two I bought were great. After those I ordered like four more. I think one of those was doa and the others leaked like crazy. I never bothered ordering any more. I may give them another shot one of these days.