Punching Cartomizers

Hello all,

In doing research on vaping i've noticed many people and websites reference punching holes in cartomizers. I'm less concerned with the how and more concerned with the why? Why does this need to be done and for what types of cartomizers? Why don't they come with this already done?

At first i thought they were referring to punching a hole in the bottom of a soft cap tank to get the best seal, but the more i read about it it doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks in advance!

Hmmm.... those holes are way bigger than what I punched... which could help explain why I didn't get good juice flow. On the other side - I guess I don't understand how I flooded carts with holes so much smaller than that....

Hmmm.... those holes are way bigger than what I punched... which could help explain why I didn't get good juice flow. On the other side - I guess I don't understand how I flooded carts with holes so much smaller than that....
a lot has to.do with your PG level. More pg, smaller hole. I use high VG so most times I use a couple of.holes in the carto.

Bams needs a BAM!!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't think there's a clear-cut benefit, some people just like the flavor/draw of one over the other. Personally i like clearos better for bakery and some sweeter tobacco flavors, and carto tanks better for fruity & non-sweet tobacco flavors.

Landion i usually go with 50/50 or 75PG/25VG either will give a good TH and vapor.