Air Travel

You should be fine with it in you carry on, they may ask what it is, but thats it. I usually take my smaller vaping devices with me on the plane.

If you do vape in the airport or on the plane....discretion is a must. Not worth getting in trouble over.

Yes, if you blow the vapor into the detector....don't recommend it (no, I haven't tried it)

I have vaped on many planes in the bathroom...I blow the vapor downward. I also hold the vapor a few extra seconds so I am not blowing clouds of vapor. Others blow it into their shirt or jacket.

put it in your checked bag. this is a time of tumult for vapers, drawing unwanted attention to ourselves only hurts our cause in the long run. get yourself a decent tin of snus, or do without for the plane flight. we're not heroin addicts, we should be able to go without for a few hours.

I wouldn't trust my $100-$160 mods to checked luggage. I'd carry them with me, but keep the batteries seperate from the mod to keep from being hassled. I don't really feel the need to vape on the plane, but sitting in the terminal waiting for a delayed flight - its a must have item.

If nothing else, just go with the old coffee trick. Nothing works better than a hot cup-o-joe to disguise that vape. Prolly wouldn't work with a 7.4 V monster mod, but works great for PG juice vapes at 3.7v. Just hold it in an extra second and you're golden!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

GlockMATT -

Sorry to hear about the vape snatching..I have to fly out of McCarran in a few months time and don't wish to meet the same fate.

Can I ask the circumstances? Was it all carry-on?

I would really hate to be without on my vacation.

I would suggest if you are worried about vape snatching by the TSA to go ahead and pay the extra money and try to ship your high dollar mods to your destination before hand. Many hotels will accept your shipment and hold it to you arrive or place it in your room if you have a reservation.

Just imagine getting there and your vape kit is waiting ready for you!

Many hotels will accept your shipment and hold it to you arrive or place it in your room if you have a reservation.

Sounds like a good idea, my problem with that is..I have to fly to Seattle, and then meet a cruise ship.

I'm not sure you can send stuff ahead.

GlockMATT -

Sorry to hear about the vape snatching..I have to fly out of McCarran in a few months time and don't wish to meet the same fate.

Can I ask the circumstances? Was it all carry-on?

I would really hate to be without on my vacation.

I was flying to Florida and I had the kit in my checked baggage. Super pissed to say the least.

I bet there is some TSA idiot trolling this forum enjoying YOUR ego kit...just saying. I guess when you go next time have your gear with you. At least you can get a face to face answer or reason.

Happy Vaping

-mse12

I have flown 4 times with my stuff. First time I was worried so I left my mods at home. After reading TSA regs I bring most everything with me. I keep them in a ziplock in my carry on and take it out for screening. Only asked about them one time, I just said they are ecigs and they moved me on. TSAs website has a section that says the batteries should be carried on, not in your checked bags.

I just put it in their nasty grey tote with my keys and pocket change. Have never been asked about it. The air vents above the seats are usually so strong the vape doesn't even hang around.