Retriever

Hey everyone! I just came over from ECF and wanted to become a member here. I am excited to be here. I am currently using a KR808 device and looking to upgrade in the near future. One question I have is how do I change my user name. I would like to change it.

Thanks for your help! :)

welcome to the forum! Did you figure out the username thing yet?

what kr808 are you using? And what are you thinking about upgrading to? I happen to know a thing or two about the 808s so if I can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the welcome blucavvy! I appreciate it. I am using a combination of the Volt from Smokelessimage, and some batteries and cartos from Vapor 4 Life. I get more of a throathit from the V4L cartos (I use the WOW cartos), but not much vapor it seems. The Smokelessimage ones give me a lot of vapor - but not much throathit. I think it is because Smokelessimage cartos only go up to 24mg and I like something a little stronger - in the 30mg-36mg range. I was a 2ppd smoker so I am really glad to have found this place.

Oh, and I still don't know about the username thing. Maybe someone will come along that can help me.

What's up Dog! I kinda like that. If you want to change it there must be a way but I wouldn't know. Mark or Jeffb will help you with that. Welcome to VT.

what line of v4l batts? Their older ones are good but their newer stealth/diamond series batts are great! Weird that ur not getting much vapor production from the WOW's, I've always heard good things bout them. Maybe try a slightly lower ohm carto? I use 2ohm cartos on my v4l batts and get killer vapor. I think the wow's are more like 2.3-2.5

the volt's an awesome 808, my only gripe with them is the stupid 5 second cut off, that's what keeps me using v4l over all the gen2 808s.

Mike, Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it.

I am using some of the new V4L batteries and some of the older ones. I get really good vapor out of some, and not so good out of others. I buy pre-filled cartos which is probably one of the problems. I should fill them myself so that I am sure they are full. The Volt is good. I think the horizontal coil produces less burning of the polyfill. Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! :)

You will like it here. Very much one huge (kinda crazy) family. Much more laid back than the other place. Lots of Dog (and cat) people here too.

Just ask, and somebody will have an answer. Sorry, not much help with your current device, but as you can tell...somebody does.

Welcome !!!

http://smokelessimage.com/accessories/x2-volt-battery.html

don't know if you saw those yet but if you're on their newsletter they have a coupon code goin for st pattys day. Brings those batts down to a reasonable price, and they're 808 threaded of course so you can continue to use those horizontal coil cartos :)

Hey Retriever.. welcome aboard!! I started out with 808's too.. my first kit was the V2 and it amazed me enough to get off the analogs. But I always felt like I was missing something.. so I moved on to an Elite 808. Little bigger battery, certainly better life on it and those got me through my first three months analog free. About a week ago I got myself a kgo.. and I seriously love this thing! The batteries last more than a day before it needs a recharge and with the right carto... it's fabulous! I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with this set up! My kgo is 510 threaded,, so I had to get an adapter to be able to use all those 808 cartos with it,, but the adapter works just fine. I still keep all my 808s around for back-up,, but if you're looking for something with a little more ooomph and don't want to go the mod route.. take a look at the kgo.. you won't be disappointed!