Carto Tanks... And My Little Discovery.

So I have tried several different 'carto tanks' since they first arrived on the vape scene... and I never really could get them to pull in the perfect amount of juice to properly soak the filler. Well, I have been playing around with one tonight and tried something random with it... and it works like a champ now! I mean, it literally draws in the perfect amount of juice as I vape normally... finally a happy day with a carto tank.

I did something so ridiculously simple that I'm nearly embarrassed to say what it was! So, I started off using a carto with a single punched hole, and it never really was consistent. After making the hole a bit larger, I would have to take several hard drags w/o firing the device, just to get a tiny bubble to appear showing me that juice was in fact now entering the carto. I then grabbed a sewing needle and simply poked it into the hole right about an 1/8" - 1/4" deep. Let me just tell you... folks, this has completely solved any and all problems I was having before. I am getting the perfect amount of juice drawn in now... it's amazing what a little prick of a needle can do.

I'm sure this 'secret' has been discovered long ago... but I never read up enough to run across it anywhere. So, it is with much debate, that I decide to share this with any fellow vapers that give a crap! Who knows... maybe you are one those people that is having the same issue that I was, and if so you should give this a shot. LOL.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I got my j tank to wick perfectly once. My trick was to punch two big holes on either side and then punch 2 very tiny holes right underneath of the 2 big ones. For some reason this allowed juice to flow in perfectly. I have been thinking about purchasing an m1a1 to givenit another shot.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

@DV: I never ran into that problem, although I've heard it alot. I know you prime your new carts but I'm sure some people don't.

I've only used carto tanks on a Provari.

Have you looked at, tried or know of anyone that has been using the Big Daddy Vapes stainless steel tanks? I just put down $60 for one last night and hoping that it won't crack.

http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=53