Too Important To Make A Mistake

Breal

from the way i understand it

kGo= 4.2v off the charger, unregulated batt, works down throughout the charge to about 3.7v or so, don't believe it drops below though. 1100mah

eGo=regulated batt at 3.2-3.4v (can't remember which either way pretty anemic) 650-1300mah depending on batt choice

riva=regulated batt at 3.7v. don't know what battery mah is, i would assume about the same range as the eGo

i suggest the kGo because for an unregulated batt is stays fairly consistent instead of dropping in voltage like a rock compared to some unregulated batts. 4.2v can provide an awesome hit with a lr atty/carto.

i wouldn't even bother with an actual eGo due to the pretty pathetic voltage. sure you can fix this with lr atty's/carto's but it's not even comparable to a unit like kGo with lr stuff.

the Riva would be a good unit too though due to the regulation of the battery to make sure you're getting a super consistent hit.

Well, he got the Kgo kit from hoosier ($45), the Boge cartos, elegance clearomizer (love mine, just got it today), and drip tips from Altsmoke (free shipping and 5% off), and three different Menthols from Liberty (20% off). Couldn't figure out the Decadent Vapor.. whether it was just a menthol liquid like the crystals in liquid form or if was an actual juice. The site was a bit confusing. We got all PG (was iffy about that), but I wasn't sure about the blend--couldn't quite figure it out before he became a bit overwhelmed. I wanted him to get a few of the emdcc, but by the time we got to it he was pretty much fried. I think he was overwhelmed by the handful of sites I sent him to; little does he know that I had to go through dozens over and over again before I found something adequate. He's lucky. Very lucky.

It is done. Thank you all!

I know youve gotten more then enuff info but i just figured i'd put my 2 cent in and this is just based on what little i know and have used. but someone turned me on to this and i think it was the best thing that i have used so far. 1st off let me say i was a 2 pack a day smoker. and i stoped and made the jump to vapeing with no problem by one getting a SD mk 2 from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/the-original-screwdriver-products.html that is a link right to the SD. its so simple to use a monkey can take care of it and use it. ive found that driping seems to be the best way to go but also the 510 tanks that TW carrys is great as well if your looking for a tank sys for your brother. i have turned four other people on to this setup and they all have had good luck with it. so thats what ive got. hope you can find something to help your brother.

The DV line is a premixed liquid....contains nicotine, but is really strong in flavor and can be used for mixing....especially the menthol.

Glad things went well with your brother...he will do just fine.

Personally, I like PG. better throat hit.

Keep in mind you can get an eGo Passthrough for about $16.00 that charges on your computer and can take with you. Thats mostly what I use.

Oh! I should have thought of that! Ok, I think I'll just order that for him. Right now, he's made the first step, I don't even dare to mention yet another site for yet another device. Any suggestions?

The DV line is a premixed liquid....contains nicotine, but is really strong in flavor and can be used for mixing....especially the menthol.

Glad things went well with your brother...he will do just fine.

Personally, I like PG. better throat hit.

Ah, yes, PG.. I'm feeling much better about that since you mention the throat hit. I really did want to look into it more, he's going to need some strong flavors. Smoking so much really kills the taste buds. I would probably have to mix it with a DV tobacco, though, since I'm sure that is what he's going to be craving at first. Thank you so much for your support. I could not have done this without you.

You know, it's strange. Now that he's ordered the setup, he doesn't really want to talk about it. But, I have a good feeling about the Kgo. I think it will really suit his needs. One step at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update: My brother had to order his Kgo from Northwest Vapors because there was something amiss with the hoosier site at the time. He has everything he needs to begin, but is still waiting on the needles he purchased (to fill his EMDCCs), before he begins. :wallbash: (he has regular cartomizers and attys, as well)

Things have to be done 'just so', you see. Hopefully he'll begin this week.

According to the instructions, the kgo must be charged for 7 to 8 hours, used a couple of times, and then charged another 3 to 4 hours--EACH.

These charges, in his opinion, must take place while he is present and aware for safety reasons. :wallbash:

And, naturally, one must have TWO ready to fire at a moment's notice. :wallbash:

He is determined, excited, and utterly resolved to only Vape through the remainder of the Lenten season. He says that a few friends of his said that they tried the disposable e-cigs and said that although they were unable to quit smoking, they definitely smoke less now. :wallbash:

Not to worry. I was dutifully encouraging, positive, and supportive. :yes

You have the patience of a saint Breal....I hope he knows what an amazing sister he has.

Here to hoping he truly gives vaping a chance, because he will never go back. We all know that the disposable types in know way compare to the good stuff. kinda like comparing moldy hamburger to a nice fresh filet.

You have done your part Breal, now its up to him !!! fingers crossed xxxx

Hey breal... I have the kgo, got mine from Virgin Vapor and I love it!! Your brother will love it too. Yes, it has to be charged that way, even though it comes with a partial charge. I very much believe in following directions!! And I never charge batts without being around to watch them. I use those emdcc's and they are fabulous! Good clean flavor and they hold a ton of juice. I also use low rez single coil cartos.. they call them resurrectors at Crystal Clear Vaping and the vape from them is awesome. I think you did really well with all your research... I wish I had found the kgo first,, would have saved a lot of money. I'm asking for another kgo for my bday and going to get rid of all my 808 stuff... I hope your brother is successful,, it's a wonderful world once you get the hang of it!

Awww, kitsune, you're the best. :blushing:

Thanks, All of you! Couldn't have possibly done it without you guys.

@flutterby.. Are low rez single coils like regular 2.0 Boges. I started with 808s as well.. V2, actually.

This is the second time I saw the word "pethetic" to describe the eGo batteries. I think not. Both of mine work perfectly for months now. One of them is 9 months old and one is 3 months and I can't tell them apart and I don't get a drop off in power until the very end after about 14 hours. Yes I use LR attys and I don't think it can get much better. Tomorrow I will put my setup on a kgo 1100mah bat. My brother just got a kit. I'll compare how each battery works with different attys and clearomisers, etc. and give you my honest opinions. Can't wait to put these 2 to the test.

This is the second time I saw the word "pethetic" to describe the eGo batteries. I think not. Both of mine work perfectly for months now. One of them is 9 months old and one is 3 months and I can't tell them apart and I don't get a drop off in power until the very end after about 14 hours. Yes I use LR attys and I don't think it can get much better. Tomorrow I will put my setup on a kgo 1100mah bat. My brother just got a kit. I'll compare how each battery works with different attys and clearomisers, etc. and give you my honest opinions. Can't wait to put these 2 to the test.

Definitely looking forward to that feedback. I wouldn't call the eGo pathetic. I purchased one (1000 mah) because I needed a battery for public use, and I didn't feel comfortable using my ProVari in public (too big). I also purchased a kgo because I wanted to be able to help my brother out with his. Since we live so far apart now, I just didn't want to chance not knowing how to help him.

For me, the eGo feels more solid, and looks cooler (imho), but I think the kgo may be a little bit more powerful.. but only a little IMHO.

Edited by Breal

Still using my ego batterys a year and change later...I've lost a few over that time (died), then again I do tend to drop them now and again. Love them with my LR atty's and now with my 306's. Work great with dripping, ego clearomizer, Tube Tank. That being said...I have also used Riva (an Ego type). I have had now significant drop off during use (that I noticed)...never really measured.

So much really does depend on personal preference, especially with so many new products on the market. The batteries have improved significantly over the last couple years...I remember when the standard 510 batteries were the amazing new product.....

good lord guys, i apologize. i was not meaning the eGo unit as a whole. i only meant the voltage. and when compared to the other eGo type unit's the voltage is anemic. sorry, not trying to offend anyone but it's true.

i should have not said that it was pathetic. and i apologize. the eGo is a good unit, but the voltage is low when compared to it's counterparts. i'm just not quite sure why Joye hasn't changed the voltage yet. it's simply outdated is all.

Sorry Blu...I was only trying say we all have our opinions...and I personally think its ok to voice any and all opinions (within reason.. :yes )

Currently, There are better products than the standard ego....the technology is changing sooooo fast.

I know we have a lot of pro ego on this site(me included)...but if nobody brings anything new to the table, then I won't be able to spend all my money, then the credit card company would collapse !!! :baby:

No offense taken and I'm sorry if it seems like I brought heat on you, that was not my intention. If there was no differnces in opinions we would have this forum. Like when you say that a voltage is outdated I totally disagree. 3.7 is the industry standard weather or not it is regulated, or varries slightly during use or the meter says 4 or 3.1 with a load or what ever. The electrovoperoligists say that kgo has a higher voltage output. The amperage is what really does the work and I don't know how they compare that way but by going up with voltage and amperage doesn't mean your going to get a better vape. There are more variables to punch in like what kind of atty/carto/dual coil that the battery is pushing.

I have tried 3 different large mah "3.7" batteries today to see if I could notice a difference. I'm not putting this in the review section because it was not an extensive comparison.

Joyetech eGo 1000mAh

SLB kgo 1100mAh

Mark's mod 14500 900mAh

I tried all back to back and back again with a Lr306 drip atty. No noticable difference

I tried kgo and eGo with ego c tank setup. No noticable difference

I tried kgo and eGo with kgo atty. No noticable difference

I tried kgo and eGo with elegance clearomiser No noticable difference

I liked the lr 306 the best. The elegance clearomiser in not lr but works good and even better at 5 volts(different mod)

The one way the kgo beats the eGo is the price but that's only if it can stand the test of time. My eGo already has.