Very Confused

jtphenom

Hi folks,

So I still don't understand how volts, ohms, mAhs, etc. relate to each other, and what you do to figure out what goes with what. Someone posted a PDF with volts and ohms and then some resulting number, have no idea what the unit of measurement would be. I don't understand what to do with that. Now instead of asking someone to explain it all to me, let me just ask questions. To be honest, I've studied this stuff many times, and I've never understood it, especially in relation to e-cigs.

1. I've got LR cartos. The person I bought my kit from said that the fact that the eGo batteries I'm using these cartos with are 1000 mAh means that it's OK to use them together, whereas it's not recommended that a person uses LR cartos with, say, a 650 mAh. What does that mean? I thought the resistance one should use depended more on voltage??

2. Is the person who told me this correct?

3. How do I know if my cartos are hurting my batteries?

That's it for now I guess. The level of confusion this stuff is causing me is absurd. lol

1.) mah only comes in to account because lr attys/cartos draw more power from a battery than sr stuff does. Using lr stuff on a battery below 450mah is asking that battery to do something it was not intended to do. 450mah is the general cutoff. Using lr stuff on a batt below 450mah will reduce the amount of time that battery lasts between charges and will lower the overall life expectancy of the battery.

2.)yes they were correct. Your 1000mah ego will handle lr stuff just fine.

3.)your cartos are not hurting your battery, the only way you would know is if your battery died way prematurely.

Hey jt....I have learned more about volts and Mah's through vaping, than I ever had the need to know.

with that said...heres what i have figured out....

the higher the mah the longer the battery will last between charges. Ego and Ego types vary from 650 - 1100. I have used LR atomizers with the 650's without any trouble. Personally, I love LR atomizers...burn hotter and give better throat hit.

As far as I know, any 510 type atomizer, cartomizer or tank with work with Ego and Ego type batteries.

confusion comes with the territory, as the ecig industry grows, so do the number of products which = confusion.

ask away !!!

Thanks blu....things really need to stop changing so fast...I'm getting to old...my brain is going to explode.

Not a carto expert, but if the filler is still wet, the liquid won't absorb and wick properly....

Thanks, guys.

Here's a completely unrelated question: Why do they say you have to make SURE your cartos are completely dry after a cleaning before you refill them? Why does it matter? lol

Like kitsune said your juice won't wick properly and you will get gross burnt tasting hits.

I would say if you clean cartos give them atleast 2 days to dry and make surevyou blow out all of the extra water.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

heres a quick way to dry your cartos. get a lava lamp, a old x mass cookie tin, remove the top you need it. place top on lave light base, turn on lava light base. place cartos on cookie tin top upside down. let sit for 30 min, flip cartos over, right side up. let sit 30 min. remove cartos and blow throught themhard. they should spit some extra water out then place em again on there for 30 min . walla dry.

heres a quick way to dry your cartos. get a lava lamp, a old x mass cookie tin, remove the top you need it. place top on lave light base, turn on lava light base. place cartos on cookie tin top upside down. let sit for 30 min, flip cartos over, right side up. let sit 30 min. remove cartos and blow throught themhard. they should spit some extra water out then place em again on there for 30 min . walla dry.

Oh, mega... you are scary sometimes, you know that? lol!