Does Vaping Really Feed The Monkey For You?

Yeah the one thing i noticed recently is how fresh, fresh air smells. I smoked so much, now that i look back at it, it felt like i was surrounded buy a cloud of thick contaminated air. I was immune to the smell I guess, the air around me just felt heavier than it does now, but now that I havent smoked for months, im starting to pick up hints of cigarette smoke when a just a draft blows some smoke my way from a guy smoking very far from me. I dont think I'll be able to go down to 8mg anytime soon like you guys yet though, I tried some 18mg and am going to be ordering some 24mg again soon.

I dont feel addicted to vaping though like I did to smoking, I dont have the need to vape when i wake up or after a meal. I was wondering what you guys who vape with low mg nicotine do to get used to it, do you just use more PG based eliquid

Edited by twelveday

I still use mostly 18-24 mg, It is just a preference. I can vape 0 nic without cravings or increase in my vaping, but nicotine add the throat hit, and for me, thats the best part.

I find I don't worry too much about the nicotine, it really is the least harmful part of smoking. Someday, maybe...currently It works and I love it. Been close to 3 years for me.

The first month, my nic was way too low (6 mg and 12 mg), so last month I ordered 18 mg. That helped for like a DAY, so early this month I ordered 125 ml of Menthol at 24 mg, and that helped for a few days. On a trade, some wonderful human being gave me a 36 mg, and finally, BLISS... I was in love with life again. It was amazing. The horns fell off, my students saw that I was no longer the Wicked Witch of the West, and I was no longer She Whom Could Not Be Named---for the moment. I couldn't Vape that all day long, but it helped immediately. I instantly went back to 18 mg. I haven't even touched the 24 mg since. Odd?

Yeah the one thing i noticed recently is how fresh, fresh air smells. I smoked so much, now that i look back at it, it felt like i was surrounded buy a cloud of thick contaminated air. I was immune to the smell I guess, the air around me just felt heavier than it does now, but now that I havent smoked for months, im starting to pick up hints of cigarette smoke when a just a draft blows some smoke my way from a guy smoking very far from me. I dont think I'll be able to go down to 8mg anytime soon like you guys yet though, I tried some 18mg and am going to be ordering some 24mg again soon.

I dont feel addicted to vaping though like I did to smoking, I dont have the need to vape when i wake up or after a meal. I was wondering what you guys who vape with low mg nicotine do to get used to it, do you just use more PG based eliquid

it just takes time, you can't expect to be dropping your nic content down every month or so. find a mg that your'e comfortable with that provides the right th and what not and stick with it for awhile. i was at 24mg for about 2 months when i first quit smoking, and then dropped down to 16-18mg and was there for roughly 3months and i just now dropped down to the 11-12mg. it took me half a year to drop down to 12mg. if you try to move too fast you won't feel satisfied, and if your'e not satisfied you'll either jump back up to a higher nic content or worse yet go back to smoking.

take your time and change when it's comfortable for you. that's the nice part about being able to order different amounts of juice, if you get a 10ml of lower nic content you can try it out for a full day or two or three or whatever and find out if it'll really work for you. there is no "set time limit" of when you should switch, every single person is going to be able to lower their nic content and ultimately quit when it's comfortable for them and no sooner.

as kitsune said the biggest thing the nic does is provide th. and the most important thing to remember is that you took the biggest step in switching over from smoking to vaping, nicotine is a drug and it's certainly not good for you so the ultimate goal should be to lower your nic content and ultimately quit vaping, but take as much time as you need. nic won't kill you quickly the way that smoking CAN.

The first month, my nic was way too low (6 mg and 12 mg), so last month I ordered 18 mg. That helped for like a DAY, so early this month I ordered 125 ml of Menthol at 24 mg, and that helped for a few days. On a trade, some wonderful human being gave me a 36 mg, and finally, BLISS... I was in love with life again. It was amazing. The horns fell off, my students saw that I was no longer the Wicked Witch of the West, and I was no longer She Whom Could Not Be Named---for the moment. I couldn't Vape that all day long, but it helped immediately. I instantly went back to 18 mg. I haven't even touched the 24 mg since. Odd?

I hope I'm the amazing human being ;)

The 36 mg was too much for me, it actually gave me the nicotine 'buzz' I had not felt in such a long time. I've actually heard that 3.6% isn't really supposed to be smoked straight but you have to cut it first, but I don't think it should be too bad.

As for me, I think 18-24mg is perfect. I tired weening myself down to 12-16mg but I felt like something was missing.

I used to smoke marlboro reds (ughhh) so I think that's why.

I hope I'm the amazing human being ;)

The 36 mg was too much for me, it actually gave me the nicotine 'buzz' I had not felt in such a long time. I've actually heard that 3.6% isn't really supposed to be smoked straight but you have to cut it first, but I don't think it should be too bad.

As for me, I think 18-24mg is perfect. I tired weening myself down to 12-16mg but I felt like something was missing.

I used to smoke marlboro reds (ughhh) so I think that's why.

You most certainly are the amazing human being. :)

What do you mean by the 3.6% ?

Another way to say 36mg

Thanks, kitsune. I should have gathered that.

I would say on that one that a little goes a long way! I think I'm going to just keep a little bottle of that aside for those days when I have, literally, seconds to Vape or if I ever hit another rough patch and just need to "feed the monkey". Ha!

You know, I didn't think I would ever be able to go down on the nicotine. I thought that I would always be addicted to some form of nicotine, and while that may well prove to be true, I do see a glimmer .. just a small one, mind you, .. of a thought that it may be possible to be able to live on a smaller dosage.

I'm not ready to give up the nic, yet. I don't think I'll really ever want to. It's not a goal anymore. I think I just want to sit back and enjoy now. Explore more flavors. Work is great. Life is great. Vaping is an amazing adventure (albeit a very private hobby). I can't just go into work and say, "I've just discovered Bobas Bounty!" to a bunch of teenagers. At some point, it won't be such a focal point in my life, and I'll move on to something else. I'm thinking Photography. :)

Edited by Breal

That why I love this forum....I can shout about new products, things that work or don't work. Connect with people that understand what I am going through.

2 years later, vaping is still a focal point in my life and I still love it...on the forum I get to shout from the roof tops.

We all have the hobbies that not everyone understands, luckily we have a place like this to come discuss everything vapor.

As a side not, following the shouting, I can't wait for my bobas bounty to finally arrive! All the hype has me on the edge of my seat :D

That why I love this forum....I can shout about new products, things that work or don't work. Connect with people that understand what I am going through.

2 years later, vaping is still a focal point in my life and I still love it...on the forum I get to shout from the roof tops.

I tell you, I'm so grateful to this forum. Couldn't have made it this far without you guys. :)

I hate having to wait for suff !!! Every starbucks should also have a vaping shop (fully stocked of course)

Ooooooo... Vaping at Starbucks. Now.. That.. would be.. well, it would be... Yeah. It would Be! Ha!

We all have the hobbies that not everyone understands, luckily we have a place like this to come discuss everything vapor.

As a side not, following the shouting, I can't wait for my bobas bounty to finally arrive! All the hype has me on the edge of my seat :D

You have gots ta let us know. .

i fell off the wagon and smoked a couple cigarettes today cuz my batteries ran out. I dont think i'll be ever smoking another cigarette again, after months of quitting and going back. The taste was awful and made me gag, the confusing thing is they got me way more lightheaded than vaping 24mg juice which was strange. I didn't like the experience much honestly, im not bashing smokers or anything, it just made me realize how much cleaner and enjoying vaping is. I actually gave the rest of my pack away to some random guy on campus who wanted to bum a smoke off me.