Does Vaping Really Feed The Monkey For You?

Twelveday, that's actually awesome news, not to bash cigarette smokers either. You did well. You got it out of your system You hate it. There couldn't be better news, really. Don't sweat it. Bad thing about the batteries, though. I had the same exact problem when I first started. After that, I was absolutely paranoid about not having some sort of fully charged battery. Maybe you could try a higher nic for those tough moments--something you only use to get over a hump so that you can conserve your batteries more if they're running low. I feel you.

I did much the same thing after i had been vaping for a couple months....like you, I gagged. It was the worst tasting thing ever !!! and the best...as it sealed my fate as a vaper. I love the knowlege that I can never go back to smoking, even if I wanted to. Its kinda liberating.

That being said...I have never run out of battery since. I made it my mission to collect as many backups as I can afford. I always carry an extra battery, atomizer and liquid.

I had a similar experience with cigarettes... only I wasn't vaping then. I tried one after about 6 months of cold turkey, and it was the most vile thing I have ever tasted.

I have the opposite reaction these days to my pipe. Vaping has absolutely killed my need to smoke it every night like I used to, but my one bowl a week (that was last night) has become something I really look forward to and enjoy. I don't feel the instant need to load up another bowl, and I don't find myself craving it at all, but I definitely look forward to and enjoy it. It's a treat - the way it should be.

From what I've read about tobacco, it delivers more of the nic level to the user than does vaping. According to what I read other chemicals in tobacco help to magnify or expediate the nic to you while vaping only gives you 1/3 to 1/2 of the nic content in a cartridge. I'm surprised I'm ok with 24mg nic myself. I do still get cravings though. I find that after the cravings get to loud I can smoke a half a cig and be ok again for days.

i belive its the same principle of cigars,you dont inhale em but get alot of nic, because theres a acid in there that helps it absorb into the body. so im guessing the same applies for cigs.

the thing that made it so astonishing to me, was that lightheaded/mellow feeling i got when i smoked that cigarette, that I never thought about it once i switched to vaping. I switched directly to vaping and havent touched a cigarette in months, even with the lack of that super mellow feeling, i even vaped 18mg for a few months and it does surprise me that I dont see many smoking over 24mg to get that same mellow feeling cigarettes give.

• 1 month later...

I actually could smell the cigarette the guy driving in front of me was smoking today, never realized how strong the smell actually was. So happy I dropped it.

I have days when I'm on the bike and it seems like every other time a different car is in front of me I get the smoke in my face. I think "damn... can't get away from that stuff for nuthin". :scooter: