Does Vaping Really Feed The Monkey For You?

In the beginning I had strong cravings for a cig. I just told myself Im not gonna smoke and vaped like crazy. As with beating any addiction you have to be in the right mindset. I know some who smoked and vaped at the beginning and slowly weaned off the cigs. I know this probably isnt any solace but it does get easier with time.

One day at a time :)

It was odd for me i was a 2 pack a day kind for awhile and had smoked for 14 years and i went and picked up a cheap ecig from a gas station and tried it and from that day on have not had a cig. what was the hardest for me was the 1st cig of the day with my milk and then the cig after dinner. and then the cig before bed. but as i just kept vapeing it got easier and didnt even think about it anymore after the 1st month. so yes it does get easier. just stick with it. you'll be alot happier in the long run. and here is just a few things i started doing to help make it a little easier. deep cleaned my house and car made sure all the smoking liters put away. ash trays put away all cigs out of the house and car. and made it so that there was to be no more in the house or car. just little things like that make it alot easier.

It took about 8-10 months before I stopped having any cravings. Early on, they were pretty mild, but after vaping for about two months, the cravings got bad. That's what took me down the high voltage path. I was alway able to vape heavily and get though the cravings.

i think it might have to do with trying to find the same experience u had smoking cigarettes, i didnt get over the cravings til i found the perfect mix of throat hit,warmth, and vapor. the first week i used one of the store bought ecigs i had cravings, but after i used low resistance atomizers on my ego for 2 weeks the cravings diminished. I think thats what actually helped me, now im past that point and actually prefer smoother throat hit and not so much tobacco flavors. It might have to do with that 'feeling' being psychological, tryign to trick ur mind into thinking ur not smoking a real cigarette all the time. I duno im not sure, at least thats what it was for me.

sure does. but yes in the beginning it was HARD. i wanted analogs almost always when i first started vaping, after a meal, when i first got in my car, after sex, when i was stressed, etc..

now, i can't even stand the thought of smoking. literally 0 cravings 5 months in. it's been that way for a few months too. as has been said, it's just in the first month, maybe two that really suck. assuming you have the right device and the juice that works for you. if not then it's gonna suck forever.

vaping some 555 with my morning coffee right now, and honestly, this is better than a cig and coffee ever was or could be. :)

I kinda figured this was normal but wanted to check with others to see if vaping did it for you right away. Looks like the consensus is that it may take more time. Maybe I'll consider a stronger battery than an eGo.

Just remember...if you break down and have a smoke don't beat yourself up for it! Just remember that your PV will be there for you afterwards to remind you how bad cigarettes actually taste lol

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

I kinda figured this was normal but wanted to check with others to see if vaping did it for you right away. Looks like the consensus is that it may take more time. Maybe I'll consider a stronger battery than an eGo.

i would try a different delivery system or different juice before i went out and bought a whole new system. it'll be cheaper to try the first 2 out.

maybe a higher nic content? what mg are you vaping? and what method of delivery are you using, sometimes a good boge 2.0ohm carto gives the ever sought after throat hit.

yeah if your'e already at the 24mg i wouldn't go any higher. sounds like you've got the right idea then. that's what i did when i wanted to try higher voltage was went with a cheap 5v passthru. i've had mine for months and still use it alot when i'm at home. that extra kick is nice!

just remember on the 5v passthru to use a higher resistance carto. like 2.6-3.0. you don't need the lr stuff on that high of a voltage.

@soberrider---Hang in there, it will get better. I found once I just relaxed and vaped and didn't worry about smoking or compare to smoking, things seemed to get easier.

like Bob said...if you need a cigarette, have a cigarette...vaping will eventually take over.

For me anyway, the more pressure I put on myself to quit smoking the worse the cravings were.

@Breal--Thanks. absolutely love that number !!

Kit is right if ya want a cig have one, but dont give up. 5 months of vaping i still have one everyonce in a while. idk why i do. but I figure this I smoked for 20 years 2 pad and if I have what 3-5 cigs in 5 months then something is working lol.

5 years 4 months clean and sober. Guess I should give myself a break about it. Smoked for 37 years but at least now I have a solution for that too. :scooter:

You are amazing!! Congratulations! Vape and enjoy your life. You are an inspiration to so many.

It took about 8-10 months before I stopped having any cravings. Early on, they were pretty mild, but after vaping for about two months, the cravings got bad. That's what took me down the high voltage path. I was alway able to vape heavily and get though the cravings.

I'm so glad you posted this. It didn't get really bad until that two month mark.