Using My First Lr Cartomizer With Bad Results

I am trying my first lr cartomizer and so far every time I try to hit it I get a strong smell of burning clothes. I have filled it to the max but I keep getting that aweful burnt smell and taste when I hit it. I guess I need some one to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a regular eGo passthrough battery with VaporKings Boge 2.0 cartomizer totally filled.

what kind of juice? some juice's don't like low resistance, that's y it's good to have a mix of sr and lr carto's/atty's layin around.

that's what makes variable voltage so great, because every juice has it's own "sweet spot", higher voltage and lower ohm's is not always the end all be all of vaping.

is it a mostly clear colored liquid? or is it like a darker brown liquid? in my experience some of those darker liquids CAN be good in a lower ohm, but some of them will burn when they get that much warmer.

it's been my experience (and this may vary due to voltage/ohm/juice etc...) that the lighter liquids seem to do better for me at a lower ohm, some of my dark vanilla juices do good and they're almost "carmelized" at a lower ohm but some of them just flat out burn.

hope this helps bud

edit: i just noticed your'e fairly heavy on the vg, now this isn't necessarily a bad thing but vg is notorious for not absorbing/wicking in carto's very well, did you let the carto sit for at least a little while after you filled it?

Edited by blucavvy

I am trying my first lr cartomizer and so far every time I try to hit it I get a strong smell of burning clothes. I have filled it to the max but I keep getting that aweful burnt smell and taste when I hit it. I guess I need some one to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Its a regular eGo passthrough battery with VaporKings Boge 2.0 cartomizer totally filled.

1st If it ever tastes or smells burnt toss it.

That carto will not get better,only worse and ya don't wanna be smokin diapers:)

2nd Boge LR cartos don't usually handle VG very well.

Try to stay around 20%VG or less unless it is really thin juice or it just won't wick well.

3rd when you fill a new carto it's a good idea to let it soak for ~5min. just so the juice can get

into the filler thoroughly.The filler is a bit resistant at first but consecutive fills are easier and

don't need a waiting period.

HTH

I agree if you don't let them soak in well before lighting them off the first time they will scorch and pretty much be ruined.I have also gotten some Boge carto's that the filler is closer to the end than normal and I suspect the element isn't embedded in the filler and they do that.Try another one as they pretty much rock.

yeah i figured this out today as well. i opened a sealed boge 2.0 cartomizer and plopped it on my battery then started vaping for a couple seconds(dont ask me why, i wasnt thinking), before i actually put eliquid in it. It tasted like ****. I filled it a bit more with eliquid and tried to let it sit thinking it was going to get rid of the burnt flavor, it didnt. i washed it out and ran it through hot water and let it dry then put eliquid in it again and tried, still didnt get rid of it so i tossed it.

OK, pitched that one since it won't quit stinkin and gonna soak #2 for a while.

How are you filling them? Condom method or just dripping juice into them? If you just drip juice into then it takes a lonnnnnnng time for the juice to soak all the filler material. The condom method works best.

I tried filling a dcc today and my method was to drip 5-6 drops and blow it through into a condom, add more drops and blow it through, and so until all the filler wassoaked. It wouldn't fit in a carto condom and i don't have a syringe. It was a clear one so i just watched it gradually soak all the filler and vaped it when it was soaked.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

I filled the second one and let it set for a few hours. Now I have my first working LR cart and it works pretty good. Snap Crackle Pop into your morning

You don't even need a few hours. You probably just had a bad cart. Like i said i fill mine and let them soak for about a minute and they work fine(and unused thick juice). I always use the carto condom method.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

yeah, mine was ruined because i started vaping it before i even put eliquid in it, but i dont let the cart set for that long after putting juice in it, i dont think i even give it half a minute before i start vaping it. Just make sure u dont try to burn fresh/unfilled cartomizers lol, that nasty taste will never go away from then

Edited by twelveday

yeah, mine was ruined because i started vaping it before i even put eliquid in it, but i dont let the cart set for that long after putting juice in it, i dont think i even give it half a minute before i start vaping it. Just make sure u dont try to burn fresh/unfilled cartomizers lol, that nasty taste will never go away from then

^^^

This...I always make sure my cartos are soaking wet. I top off way more than I need to lol

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Samsung Fascinate