What Does Steeping Mean?

Does it mean to let it sit in the bottle for a period of time or to put it in the cartridge and let it sit for a period of time? I got me eliquid and it says to steep 9 days but I used it right when I got it and it was fine. I guess as I read elsewhere some eliquid's are fine if you don't steep them but others are not.

Well I guess that is what mister eliquid suggests with his liquids. I was sure it meant to let stand in the bottle. If the bottle had its lid off for several days from what I heard the nicotine just evaporates until there isn't any at all if it is left with the lid off long enough.

It's like tea. When juice is first made, it does need a couple of days for the flavor to work its way through the juice. Some suppliers make them fresh - some make them in large quantity and fill orders as they come in. If a supplier suggests you let the juice steep - just don't try it for a few days. That's all you need to do.

While it is shipping to you, it is steeping! So that time counts.

Taking the lid off isn't steeping - that is oxidizing. It isn't necessary - though some people like doing that. Just leave the cap on and leave the bottle alone for a few days. You don't need to do anything special.

Edited by Deadpool809

Some liquids taste like crap and it is theorised if you let them sit for a few days with the cap off the flavor will mellow and the nastiness will evaporate .Has never worked for me,just delayed tossing the offensive liquid in the trash.I suppose you could talk yourself into thinking they aren't that bad during that time as opposed to throwing your hard earned coin in the trash.The liquids I have grown to love are ready to go when I get them.

Edited by mcquinn

How exactly does it end up changing color? I have a vanilla one and it is clear the other one I have is kamel hump and it is a yellowish brown color. The kamel hump tastes fine when I got it and still tastes fine after a week just sitting in the bottle. What exactly does air getting to it make the color change for?

All its doing is oxidizing the nicotine. I never steep on purpose EXCEPT for one flavor. TPA's root beer. That MUST steep for 2 weeks to realy bring out the flavor. It makes it very good and very powerfull. Its like Barq's.. Its got bite. Other flavors I make sometimes steep 'natually' because I make them, and then don't use them for a while because I'm using other flavors at the time. Don't know why exactly they get darker... but most do. I would think because nicotine turns 'yellow' when exposed to oxygen, and steeping is oxidizing the nicotine. So the yellow mixes with the flavors, bringing out the natural flavor color. 90% of all the flavors I make are clear. but after 1 week, they ALL get color. I do think steeping does help in the 'mellow' flavors, like vanillia, coffees, caramels, etc... It took almost 3 weeks for my TPA 'double chocolate' to go from clear to brownish, and my TPA 'Strawberry' to go from clear to pink.