Tips And Warnings For The New E-Cig User

MrElixir

I am approaching 1 week as an e-cigarette user and completely tobacco free. When I first ordered my e-cig, I started a blog to inspire friends and family to join me in breaking the tobacco chains. In six short days, the reader count has grown from a small circle to 500 daily readers from around the country. Many of these readers have ordered their kits and are preparing for to embark on a journey that the members of this forum are very familiar with.

To now, the only observations and advice have come from me. I do not want to steer anyone in the wrong direction, so I am asking for your help and input.

What have been your best and worst experiences with electronic cigarettes?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

being able to use it around my asthmatic 5 year old son without feeling guilty.

saving easily $100 a month when compared to cigs (and yes that's including the price of all the hardware, and i have alot lol)

being able to run several miles at the gym without hacking a lung up

not smelling like an ashtray

knowing i'm not putting carcinogens into my body or the air around me

actually knowing the $1.00 i spent on air fresheners for my car wasn't a waste

not having to roll my window down in the rain while driving to "smoke"

not having to stand outside during the middle of winter and freeze my *** off for nicotine

think that about sums it up.

Edited by blucavvy

blucavvy,

Wow, what a list!

If that doesn't persuade someone to give up tobacco, I don't know what will. I especially like the fact that you are able to run several miles after 150 days tobacco-free.

I pretty much second everything blucavvy said. After checking your blog out a bit, I can't help but wonder what ecig system you're using there. If you ever feel the need to relapse, I'd seriously consider a better kit. I don't want to talk out of my bum, but it looks slightly generic (although you said it was expensive :( ). Furthermore, Wheresthesmoke.net doesn't contain any of the e-cigs used by most of the members on this board in it's top 10 (The eGo being the most highly recommended PV). However, I hope all turns out well for you, best of luck! I considered doing the same thing with the blog, but found the switch so effortless that I had little to write about!

Edited by dragaa

What he's saying is that the 'GreenSmoke' is simply waaay overpriced for what it is! That's all.

Not to mention this bold statement:

Each FlavorMax™ Cartomizer is comparable to 1.5 packs of traditional cigarettes.

I'm fairly certain a carto wouldn't last me nearly as long as 1.5 packs of smokes!

We all know that's a bunch of crapola!

Mr.Elixir: I think your e-cig journey would be much easier for you if you stepped up to a better device... like an eGo.

Edited by DAYVAPE

DAYVAPE,

Thank you for the recommendation. My wife has now been inspired to quit tobacco. So, I should get her an eGo so I can try it as well. Is there anything that I should know about that system before I buy it?

There is tons of recommendations for this product and it's really simple to use much like the one you have other than theres a button to press to fire the delivery device your using.

post-10360-0-40070700-1328220656_thumb.j

Edited by Viper Ron

I tried some of the more generic ones that looked like cigs, I also tried the Blu brand. To me, it was a lot of sucking on air... they just didn't seem juicy enough I was a pack a day smoker and a cartrigde would never last me a whole day.

This time I tried the eGo-C and oh wow!!!! You will not be dissapointed. You have a big ol' tank full of juice and you can see when it's getting low... and I haven't done the math yet, but I am pretty sure it will cost less than $750 a year --some places vary in the price of their juice so I guess it depends on your favorite and how much you smoke --if you buy in bulk and catch sales, etc.

The first couple days I was sucking on that thing like it was an extension of my lips! lol I was a chain smoker, you see. And b/c of that I was going through about 2.5 tanks a day and using up the battery in less than a day. --I was also getting a burnt taste and some leaking. Today I was able to slow it down a bit and take slower draws off the e-cig and hit it less. No problems today. My battery has lasted me all day, and I am just now about to go fill the tank for the second time. You get a LOT of vapor from it (I am using a Vegetable Glycerine based juice, or VG --the PV ones tend to make less vapor but are said to have better flavor and more of a throat hit) --either way, it's still a lot more vapor than one like you are using and i think it tastes WAY better. I say try an eGo tank type for your wife and see what you think.

When I used the other brands, I would grab real cigs in between. With the eGo-C I haven't --I even have an open pack shoved in the kitchen drawer that was put there when my ecig got here a few days ago and I haven't gone for one.

I love that I can smoke in the house without feeling guilty. I love that I will extend my life (unless I get hit by a bus or something ;) --I have an autistic child and I have to outlive him so smoking wasn't going to help me with that. I love not smelling like an ashtray. I love the money that I will be saving. :)

i love how i smell good, im not killing myself, wel at least quicker, ill be around a lil longer for my kids, my car smells great, and stays clean, no more picking up butts off the ground, no more freaking out in the grocery store, it just goes on. I was linked to my cigs, you almost never saw me without one. also my teeth are whiter. and my dreaded 2 year smokers cough is slowly going away.

DAYVAPE,

Thank you for the recommendation. My wife has now been inspired to quit tobacco. So, I should get her an eGo so I can try it as well. Is there anything that I should know about that system before I buy it?

It's really pretty straight forward... once you have it in hand you will get the feel of how to use it very easily I'm sure. Also, you might want to be ready to hand your wife your current e-cig... because I have a feeling you will want to keep the eGo for yourself. It's really THAT much better than the small 'cigarette-like' devices... but you just need to see it and try for yourself I think. The way the eGo battery works, with the 'Pulse Width Modulation', keeps every 'hit' consistent through the life of the battery. It's a big step up from the small units.... you really should try one. :yes

As far as a good setup for the eGo? I would say either go with a LR Boge cartomizer or a eGo Mega Dual Coil cartomizer. If you want... you can also give 'direct dripping' a go with a LR 510 atomizer! That's another great thing about the eGo... it's a very diverse little unit, being able to use cartos or attys, whichever you prefer at the time.

Also, don't forget to grab a couple of 'drip tips' too... they can be used with cartos or attys.

Edited by DAYVAPE

It's really pretty straight forward... once you have it in hand you will get the feel of how to use it very easily I'm sure. Also, you might want to be ready to hand your wife your current e-cig... because I have a feeling you will want to keep the eGo for yourself. It's really THAT much better than the small 'cigarette-like' devices... but you just need to see it and try for yourself I think. The way the eGo battery works, with the 'Pulse Width Modulation', keeps every 'hit' consistent through the life of the battery. It's a big step up from the small units.... you really should try one.

As far as a good setup for the eGo? I would say either go with a LR Boge cartomizer or a eGo Mega Dual Coil cartomizer. If you want... you can also give 'direct dripping' a go with a LR 510 atomizer! That's another great thing about the eGo... it's a very diverse little unit, being able to use cartos or attys, whichever you prefer at the time.

Also, don't forget to grab a couple of 'drip tips' too... they can be used with cartos or attys.

Agree on this.

I started with an overpriced cigarette look a like kit. I remember saying that I would NEVER want to push a button to "smoke". But I did my research and bought my first ego kit about a week after having spent $200+ on my e smoke. It was like night and day with the ego. Instead of forcing myself to be satisfied I actually was satisfied with my ego(and delicious alien visions juice).

I reccomend looking into something like the k-go or epower 14650 with some low resistance Boge cartomizers, Cisco atomizers, and some quality juice.

For device

hoosierecigsupply.com/KGO-kit-1100mAh-by-SLB-HEC001.htm

For juice

Www.thevaporroom.net

Www.avejuice.com

www.virginvaper.com

Www.rawrvapor.com

Also YouTube can be your friend. Check out grimmgreen, igetcha69, and pbusardo for great reviews on hardware and juice.

The greensmoke is great if you got you off the nastys but if if you continue to use it odds are pretty good one day you're going to look down at it and say meh...this isn't doing the trick anymore. The k-go is quite a bit bigger than a cig sized model but honestly you aren't smoking anymore. I think when vaping you should get as far away from something that looks and performs like a cigarette because it might be easier to go back to the real thing. This is all opinion and no research has been done to prove this theory of mine btw lol...that's just what I think.

Blue OG Buzz/Silver Vein Alpha/Green and Black Reo Mini FTW

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

Thank you all for the great feedback. I am really looking forward to the eGo experience. I will be suggesting that my readers also look into this system. Do any of you have a retail site for eGo that you would like for me to plug?

It's really pretty straight forward... once you have it in hand you will get the feel of how to use it very easily I'm sure. Also, you might want to be ready to hand your wife your current e-cig... because I have a feeling you will want to keep the eGo for yourself. It's really THAT much better than the small 'cigarette-like' devices... but you just need to see it and try for yourself I think. The way the eGo battery works, with the 'Pulse Width Modulation', keeps every 'hit' consistent through the life of the battery. It's a big step up from the small units.... you really should try one. :yes

Alright, i'm going to say a few things and i by no means want this to come off as being mean. So please, do not take anything i'm saying as offensive or anything like that.

Saying things like the eGo is better than all "cigarette like" devices is simply untrue. That's a matter of personal preference. Are there alot of junk cigarette style ecigs out there? Absolutely. That being said are there alot of very high quality type "cigarette like" ecigs out there? Absolutely there are. Let me give you some examples so that from now on every noob to ecigs isn't being told that ALL "cigarette like" ecigs are junk.

http://www.vapor4life.com/home.php

Vapor4Life is a great example of how good a cigarette style ecig can be. With their manual batteries they come with a 10-13 second cutoff so that a nice big drag can be taken. They sell their batts in a variety of sizes from mini's, to a standard size, and even a mega batt. I believe they mega batts have close to 400mah. So they can actually be a fairly long lasting battery. Typically with this type of ecig having several batts is a great idea, but it's not necessary with PCC's (personal charging cases). Now this particular company uses the older Gen1 style kr808 batteries. That means that they are unregulated and start out at 3.7volts and drop down in voltage as the battery loses charge.

http://smokelessimage.com/

This is another very good kr808 vendor. The difference with their batts from Vapor4Life is that they use the regulated Gen2 style batts. That means that from the second they come off the charger to the time you take your last hit before it needs another charge it stays at a constant 3.7volts. Yes that's the same voltage as a fat batt like the eGo. So this little guy will literally kick out as much vapor and throat hit as a fully charged eGo! Not only that but since they are smaller they are more discreet making them great for stealthvaping. A nice advantage with this company is they recently came out with a sealed auto batt, just like the manual's are. Making them great for dripping! Yup, dripping on a mini automatic batt :)

Now, as i said, i in no way was trying to be mean, or disrespectful. I just don't want every noob thinking that because they got ripped off by one company for a junk, overpriced "cigarette style" ecig, that all the cigarette style ecigs are junk. Because it's simply not true. I still use my 808's to this day even after moving on to fat batt's and the like. Do they have their dis-advantages? Yup, but their are also very nice advantages as well. So, that's all, not trying to bash or throw this thread too far off topic (sorry op) just wanted to point out some facts about some smaller style ecigs. And this is only 1 "cigarette style" ecig. I can't speak for the 510 threaded one's or anything else. Alot are probably junk, but that doesn't mean they all are. :yes

Edited by blucavvy

agreed with above. I have two auto battery that accually work very well. just like having a button to press on mine. it all depends on what ya get. my first one was a 51 trio. Complete rip off. good thing it was 30 bucks. went with a e power as soon as i could.

BLUCAVVY: I never said they were all junk... I simply said that an eGo is better as far as battery life and how it operates. No real need to put words in my mouth now is there? But, thanks for your vast knowledge of e-cig batts and your input. I'm sure all the noobs will take it in to consideration. After all, these are all only opinions anyway... weather it be yours or mine. Peace!

Yep, just stating the facts. :yes

I certainly didn't say that the 'cig-like batts' were 'junk' as he stated... but in all reality, IMHO and others, they are junk when compared to the eGo! So there, I said it... they are 'junk' ! Deal with it, lol.

BLUCAVVY: I never said they were all junk... I simply said that an eGo is better as far as battery life and how it operates. No real need to put words in my mouth now is there? But, thanks for your vast knowledge of e-cig batts and your input. I'm sure all the noobs will take it in to consideration. After all, these are all only opinions anyway... weather it be yours or mine. Peace!

bro, I never put words in ur mouth and I even told you I wasn't trying to b mean or offensive so im not sure y ur thinking I was trying to be like that. But ur exact post that I quoted said "the ego really is that much better than the small cigarette like devices. Nowhere in that post does it refer to longer battery life, and it DOES NOT work any better than a gen 2 808. A gen 2 808 is regulated to a constant 3.6v hit, throughout the life of the battery, so actually compared to a standard eGo batt it operates better since the standard eGo is unregulated and while under load only operates at maybe 3.4v. Don't believe me, test one for yourself. Edit- sorry thats false, a standard ego is regulated at 3.2-3.4v depending on mfr. They're generally only unregulated at 3.7 v when specifically stated

again not sure y you felt the need to act like I was putting words in ur mouth because I was only trying to point out some factual info. Srry you felt I was attacking you or whatever the deal was. I hope that we dont have to start some pissing contest man, as I'm honestly not really into all that and said several times that I wasn't trying to be mean or nething.

Edited by blucavvy

Yep, just stating the facts. :yes

I certainly didn't say that the 'cig-like batts' were 'junk' as he stated... but in all reality, IMHO and others, they are junk when compared to the eGo! So there, I said it... they are 'junk' ! Deal with it, lol.

lol, ok bro, whatever.