Cleaning

Hi again friends,

I'm about to clean my cartos and my atty this weekend. I've only had them for a week, but I want to go ahead and get in the habit of cleaning them, and get a decent grasp on how to do it. I've already watched some vids, but I have a couple questions:

1. Do I *have* to take the batting out of the cartos to clean them?

2. Is it better to do so?

3. Is there a trick to getting the batting out and then back in once I'm finished?

4. How much more effective is boiling them than running hot water through them?

I think that's it for the moment. Thanks!!!

James (AKA Vaporton)

Hi again friends,

I'm about to clean my cartos and my atty this weekend. I've only had them for a week, but I want to go ahead and get in the habit of cleaning them, and get a decent grasp on how to do it. I've already watched some vids, but I have a couple questions:

1. Do I *have* to take the batting out of the cartos to clean them?

2. Is it better to do so?

3. Is there a trick to getting the batting out and then back in once I'm finished?

4. How much more effective is boiling them than running hot water through them?

I think that's it for the moment. Thanks!!!

James (AKA Vaporton)

1. No it stays in there never heard of anyone taking it out.

2. See above lol

3. No trick, just don't remove it.

4. I've tried boiling them and get very little use afterwards. It's more work than is necessary for the price of buying a 5 pack of new ones. Most of us just toss them when they are too old.

As far as the attys go just blow them out by mouth, it working believed me, you can run water though them but make sure they are dry before using again.

Um, yeah, don't waste your time with the cartos... they will more than likely be worse after you get done or not work at all. Atomizers? Eh, some clean em, some don't... I'm in the 'use it up till it's nasty and toss it' crowd personally. I've never found them to ever be that much better after cleaning them... to hell with it! Blowing them out is exactly what I do... and that's it! :yes

Edited by DAYVAPE

I clean my attys only when I am switching juice flavors. When my cartos start giving me a burnt taste or the air flow gets to tight I just toss em. This is how I clean my atomizers when trying a different juice

1. Grab a paper towel or napkin

2. Put the open end(not the end that connects to the battery)into your mouth

3. Form the paper towel around the battery connection so that you don't get juice in your eyes or all over the place

4. Blow into the atomizer...not to hard but hard enough to get the juice out

5. Repeat step 4 until you don't see anymore liquid on the towel and wipe the battery connection down

6. Put the atomizer back on your device and give it a few "dry burns". This is activating the device without actually taking a hit from it. Do this a few times while blowing into the atomizer lightly. I would say no longer than 5 seconds per dry burn and only 2 or 3 are needed.

7. Take the next liquid you are about to use and put 1 drop in.

8. Dry burn it while blowing into the atomizer lightly again to get it going. Repeat this once.

9. Put 5-6 drops of liquid into your atomizer and give it 10-15 seconds to soak in and vape away!

This sounds like a lot but it takes less than a minute to do once you are used to it. The only time I ever boiled or soaked my atomizer in alcohol it died so I never do it. Blowing into a paper towel gets 90% of the old juice out and the dry burn gets the rest of the gunk. Putting 1 drop of liquid and dry burning it twice afterwards gets the atty used to the new flavor you are about to put in IMO. I've never heard of anyone doing steps 7 and 8 but I did this a few days ago and It seems to work better so you don't get flavors crossed.

Hope this helps and vape on!

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

I used to try and clean my attys to make them last longer. They never lasted longer, it took a lot of time to do, and about half the time they didn't work at all after the cleaning attempt. I gave up. I have better things to do with my time. And when I realized that an atty cost about the same as a pack of smokes, but lasted for at least a month instead of just one day (or a bit less than one day), it didn't bother me to just toss them.

I've yet to have a carto die. However, they start to taste a little off and the filler starts to look like a used cigarette filter and sometimes the draw will get tight. I vape a lot and probably have to fill a carto 8-10 times a day, so that's still a lot of fills over a week.

i was filling my cartos like 3-6 times a day. most of them still work great but ce2's are brtter lol. I stilll have 5 cartos that I used for 4 months and still look new.

What are ce2s?

It's like a cartomizer, but with no filler. The coil is at the top and the juice wicks up the wicking material (the stringy looking stuff). There a quite a few different kinds (different ohms, different manufacturers, etc.).

http://www.madvapes.com/Bauway-510-XL-CE2-Style-Clear-Cartomizers-17-ohm-5-pack_p_3309.html

I corrected that for you Brian, lol.

LOL! Must be why they keep adding more and more strings! I've never used one as purchased, but I have pulled them apart to use in my GPSSR. Even with that I had to lay it sideways to get it to wick. However, it seem there are a lot of people out there that like them.

yeah gotta put it on the side as well. kinda is like dripping in a way but all contained in one tube. but I can say the taste from them is so much better. except my ry4. gotta change the flavor now taste to marshmellow like.

LOL! Must be why they keep adding more and more strings! I've never used one as purchased, but I have pulled them apart to use in my GPSSR. Even with that I had to lay it sideways to get it to wick. However, it seem there are a lot of people out there that like them.

Have you tried the ones that use the real thick rope-like material and bigger coil? From GotVapes?

weird my post got deleted. i use the boge lr cartomizers and only use them for a couple days to a week, i vape higher vg eliquid so it tends to gunk up the fabric after a while. Theyre so cheap less than 2$ a piece so i chose to just buy new ones. I guess they can last you a month if you clean them right, i just chose to buy new ones in case and not take the chance, since stuff might grow in there or there might be dirt particles caught in frabric after a while.

weird my post got deleted. i use the boge lr cartomizers and only use them for a couple days to a week, i vape higher vg eliquid so it tends to gunk up the fabric after a while. Theyre so cheap less than 2$ a piece so i chose to just buy new ones. I guess they can last you a month if you clean them right, i just chose to buy new ones in case and not take the chance, since stuff might grow in there or there might be dirt particles caught in frabric after a while.

nothing will grow in your cartomizers, there a post somewere about it.

nothing will grow in your cartomizers, there a post somewere about it.

i guess it depends on what you use as eliquid, i wonder if vg has growth inhibiting properties like pg does. seems like you have to constantly keep pg fluid in there to make sure nothin grows.

Edited by twelveday