Low Voltage / High Voltage ?

Fenwick

I was watching the VT Juice reviews and Grim Greene was switching up voltages. I have a 510 set-up and an 801 set-up. I am pleased with both, and I am assuming that they are low voltage.

1. Did he have a device in the video that allowed him to change voltages on the fly?

2. Is it the VP1 and VP2 models that you can switch up voltages?

3. Was it that he was using a passthru that gave him that option?

This seems like a cool thing to do. Since I have stopped using carts, I find my self re-dripping just to get that first hit taste. Manipulating the voltage, in the video anyway, seemed like another level of controling the flavor and vapor production. Any leads here?

I was watching the VT Juice reviews and Grim Greene was switching up voltages. I have a 510 set-up and an 801 set-up. I am pleased with both, and I am assuming that they are low voltage.

1. Did he have a device in the video that allowed him to change voltages on the fly?

2. Is it the VP1 and VP2 models that you can switch up voltages?

3. Was it that he was using a passthru that gave him that option?

This seems like a cool thing to do. Since I have stopped using carts, I find my self re-dripping just to get that first hit taste. Manipulating the voltage, in the video anyway, seemed like another level of controling the flavor and vapor production. Any leads here?

I was wondering that myself when i was watching the videos. Im thinking the USB pass through added a little bit more power to the battery allowing the atty to burn hotter (enabling more flavor burn) because the battery is in a charge state. I would imagine in a non charging state the battery would drop its power output to give the battery a longer vape life. As far as i read about the VP1 and VP2 in the tech specs it DOES NOT say you can change the power output from the battery through the device itself. Im not sure if such a device exists. :huh:

A normal E-cig battery runs about 3.7 to 4.2 volts my homemade USB passthrough runs 5.0 to 5.5 tested with volt meter most USB are 5.0 volts some of those battery mod E-cigs can except two 3.0 battery's to make 6 volts. More power equals more vapor and more flavor the good thing about a USB passthrough is that it is always good constant power it is the only way I vape at home and if you have a wall charger for a iPhone or iPod with a USB it works fine for a E-cig so you don't have to use a computer.

A normal E-cig battery runs about 3.7 to 4.2 volts my homemade USB passthrough runs 5.0 to 5.5 tested with volt meter most USB are 5.0 volts some of those battery mod E-cigs can except two 3.0 battery's to make 6 volts. More power equals more vapor and more flavor the good thing about a USB passthrough is that it is always good constant power it is the only way I vape at home and if you have a wall charger for a iPhone or iPod with a USB it works fine for a E-cig so you don't have to use a computer.

So the pass through is the only way to get the higher voltage? If my next purchase is between getting something funky like a janty stick or a VP2 I should research the voltage?

It depends on the passthrough, some have a cutoff so there is no point. Grim was using a passthrough from Puresmoker.com THAT has a higher voltage that normal ecigs do.

There are also some battery mods that have higher voltages. I'm talking to Jeso right now to find out if there is anyway to pump out a higher voltage on the VP units. Either way I can tell you that a VP unit will get you MUCH more vapor and flavor than a penstyle battery ever will. :)

So the pass through is the only way to get the higher voltage? If my next purchase is between getting something funky like a janty stick or a VP2 I should research the voltage?

Both of those use a 3.7 volt battery and I don't know if the Janty Stick uses a circuit that lowers the volts when using the passthrough and no a passthrough is not the only way for higher volts some battery mods like the Prodigy can use 2 3.0 volt battery's for a total of 6.0 volts

It depends on the passthrough, some have a cutoff so there is no point. Grim was using a passthrough from Puresmoker.com THAT has a higher voltage that normal ecigs do.

There are also some battery mods that have higher voltages. I'm talking to Jeso right now to find out if there is anyway to pump out a higher voltage on the VP units. Either way I can tell you that a VP unit will get you MUCH more vapor and flavor than a penstyle battery ever will. :)

I hunted around and found the reviews Grimm Green did of the puresmoker passthru. It definitley looks cool, but in the video he mentions a bad flavor with the 801 atty.

He mentioned that when he switched to a 901 it was awesome. Have other people had the same experience? Do you have to go with the 901 to avoid the burning taste? It seems wierd because the 801 is a bigger atty.

You know I think it just depends on the atty to be honest. For the most part they all work the same way. If there is a "weird taste" it's usually becauase either A. It's a bad atty B. It wasn't wet enough C. They mixed to many flavors and now it's all built up.

The only real difference between attys for the most part is vapor production.

You know I think it just depends on the atty to be honest. For the most part they all work the same way. If there is a "weird taste" it's usually becauase either A. It's a bad atty B. It wasn't wet enough C. They mixed to many flavors and now it's all built up.

The only real difference between attys for the most part is vapor production.

Thanks. I really want one of these now. It is odd that in his video he really makes a big deal about the flavor in the 801, but when he follows up and is happy about the 901 he never really mentions if he tried the 801 again.

My voltage questions are put to rest. This thread is starting to lead to the puresmoker passthru you started, so I'll keep an eye on that.