Ego-T 650 Batteries Lifespan Shortened...

I have 2 eGo 650 mAh batteries that I use with 510 LR atties. I've been using a charger I got from AVE that's the "no cord" one. I just found out that only pushes 150 mAh vs the 450 mAh from the real eGo charger. This explains why it takes 6-8 hours to charge.

Moving on the the "problem" ...

I used to get excellent life out of them. I could switch batteries every day and be good to go. In the last week that's been shortened to half day of use. Not fun suddenly becoming ecig-less in the last hour of work. Also consequently I have to keep one charging at all times. Today, I put a fully charged one on at around 9 am. By 4ish it was dead.

Anyone think this charger is to blame? These batteries we're purchased at the end of July. I'm ginna get the ego 900mAh VV "mod" battery and throw that into the mix as well as get the "real" eGo charger if only to shorten these charging times. So just curious if any more experienced than I have any insight.

Other random, yet possibly useful info: I probably get a full drain on each battery a couple times a month, and I do keep all my stuff super clean.

If I read your post correctly you got 7 hours out of your batt today. Thats pretty typical of a 650 mah eGo batt. LR attys do drain batts quicker than reg attys.

I have to agree. I'm not sure how much you're vaping at work but when you use an LR atomizer it cuts the battery life in half. A regular atomizer will usually get you 12 hours or so and LR about 6 hours. So 7 hours sounds about on the mark. Not sure how you where getting longer than that before honestly.

i bought a couple of 1000mAh batteries around the same time, and neither of them last as long as they used to, that's just sort of the nature of batteries. getting half a day out of 650mAh batteries is pretty good with lr stuff. If you're looking for better battery life, you might want to take a look at the 18650 eGo tube mod http://www.vaporgalaxy.com/main.sc it's fairly enormous, and you have to buy a dedicated charger, but at 2400mAh it lasts a crazy-long time between charges, plus replacement batteries are like $8, so if one fails you're not out $20 for a new ego battery, i just bought one of these with a charger and 3 trustfire 18650 "flames" batteries for about $70. also the base is bigger, so it's far less likely to fall over if you stand it up on end like i do.

and to add my 2 cents.... wooow you bought them in july, and in January your still getting 6+ hours out of them? Thats pretty dang good. The 650's that came with my starter kit in july/august started to show weakining in october. I never expected to get more than 2 months out of batteries. Lol... I vape so much and so often now, (because I'm only vaping 2mg nic juice) I go through almost 2 1000mah batteries a day...... almost..

I also did hear a 150 ma charger can damage the ego battery.... never used one though, always stuck with the 450..