Perfumy?

Ok let me start off by saying I am very new to the DIY e Liquid ordeal. Actually I'm so new that I started 7 hours ago. I am having a problem with my e-juice tasting perfumy. For starters I got the kit from house of vapor and the flavors from house of vapor. They all have a great smell but when I mix them the taste is just ughh. I figure its something I'm doing wrong I just don't know what. I have Hawaiian Punch, Green Apple, Blackberry, Raspberry, and Key Lime. All are the essence flavors from House of Vapor.

Any Tips???

Could be the base they use.Vermont vapor liquid all tastes like tea to me.I didn't have very good luck with DIY and ended up throwing away a lot of money.For no more than eliquid costs I just get good old Dekang liquid and spend my time vaping it.

It's a a concentrated flavor "made" by House of Vapor. Assuming they make their own stuff. I have tried everything from different amounts of flavor, sweetener,sour, and crisper. I have even tried subtracting some of that completely. It's not working. I may just give up on them. I just wish there was something I could do.

Some flavors are just that way. You may let you mix sit for a few days (called Steeping) and see if that helps. I have a Black Cherry from TPA that smells soooo good, but when mixed it tastes very perfumy/soapy. I did mix it a little strong, so one of these days I may try a smaller %.

It is just the flavor. The next day I went to the local drug store and bought some Lorann's just because It was easy to get and it is so much better. Even though I do want to try TPA. Just so everyone knows Lorann's Guava and Bubble Gum are delicious flavors.

It is just the flavor. The next day I went to the local drug store and bought some Lorann's just because It was easy to get and it is so much better. Even though I do want to try TPA. Just so everyone knows Lorann's Guava and Bubble Gum are delicious flavors.

TPA has a weird perfume taste as well if you mix to much. I find on TPA 5% is enough well at least on tobacco flavors. I asked this question to where i got my flavors and they said that it has to do with the larger molecules openng and not the smaller ones. idk chemistry lol. loranns chocolate hazelnut are great to btw.oh and i also find some tobacco flavors taste better if you let it (steep) for a few days.

Edited by mega

Welcome To DIY !! I started with DIY because I am among the flavor Challeged...I have a hard time tasting most flavors.

Most Cherry flavors have a very perfumy type flavor for me.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/ These guys have a great selection of flavorings:

Some of my favorites....

PA makes a great Caramel, Marshmallow (great for sweetening flavors)

Flavour Art: Apple Pie, Tiramisu, Cafe espresso

Flavor West: Sugar Cookie and Chocolate mint.

Lorann: Watermelon, english toffee, strawberry, butterscotch.

Merry Mixing

Just remember, Always mix in small amount until you get the flavor you want....less waste.

For me DIY is lots of fun...I love the endless flavor combinations.

Thank you guys for all of the help and advice!

If your a newbie....I would suggest buying your eliquids from a qualified vendor for awhile. Then ease into the DIY mixing. Thats the only way to know whats good and whats not!!

I am actually not new to vaping and have bought tons of flavors and will continue to buy. I have just never been 100% satisfied and I thought maybe I can create that taste that I want. And I am already getting very close. Who would of thought I would like a lower level and nic and a higher VG content than I normally have. DIY is so much fun and a great experience.

Welcome To DIY !! I started with DIY because I am among the flavor Challeged...I have a hard time tasting most flavors.

I believe I am flavor challenged too.

You are in good company....there are lots of us flavor challeged folks. I can taste food just fine, but vaping...not so much.

Have you tried adding just a drop or two of menthol to you flavors...boosts the flavor a bit without tasting like menthol.

I know one thing that REALLY helps with changing the strength of the flavors.... using a variable voltage device and adjusting it to where the flavor is at it's peak. :yes I have really noticed a big difference since getting my Lava Tube and using 901 attys. It's crazy how much the flavor changes with the push of a button !

• 2 weeks later...

I use excusivly TPA now. I love pretty much all thier flavors. I do to notice on some of thier berry flavors they are purfumey, but thats only if I mix them to strong. most flavors I mix between 16-18%, and some higher at 20%. But the ones that are perfumey at 16%, I reduce down to 8-9% and the purfumeyness is gone...

TPA has a weird perfume taste as well if you mix to much. I find on TPA 5% is enough well at least on tobacco flavors. I asked this question to where i got my flavors and they said that it has to do with the larger molecules openng and not the smaller ones. idk chemistry lol. loranns chocolate hazelnut are great to btw.oh and i also find some tobacco flavors taste better if you let it (steep) for a few days.

Most tobacco flavors are much more potent so normally 5% or less is plenty (if no to much). It's the same with FlavorArt. I never found a TPA tobacco that I liked much, but I have found a few FA tobacco flavors that I really like. And you're absolutely right about the steeping. Not often to I let my juice steep, but the flavor does seem to change after a few days.

I use excusivly TPA now. I love pretty much all thier flavors. I do to notice on some of thier berry flavors they are purfumey, but thats only if I mix them to strong. most flavors I mix between 16-18%, and some higher at 20%. But the ones that are perfumey at 16%, I reduce down to 8-9% and the purfumeyness is gone...

I gotta get out that Black Cherry and try it at 8-9% and see. The stuff smells sooo darn good.

the m type, dk tob, and ry4 flavors from tpa i cant get enough. I find now though im missing a little menthol

I think I have DK tab and RY4, may need to revisit them. Seems like they went though different version of it though, so not what I have is what they are selling now.

i recently got mine around xmass new years. i been useing at 5% and the dk is nice and nutty and i find if i mix like 4 drops dk and 2 or 3 of ry4 in 5ml it sorta tastes like a 555 I got before. I do miss my hilton though.

Hey Brian,

If you break out the black cherry again, let me know if you can make it work....I really love black cherry.

If you have an good fruit type flavors, maybe just adding a small amount to a premixed solution will give flavor without the perfumey/robitussion flavor....

• 2 weeks later...