Walgreens Is Blu

Jeffb

I was just at Walgreens picking up some Christmas present wrapping supplies. Lo and behold what did I see behind the cashier but Blu starter kits. :) They were only selling them for $60 so at least they weren't trying to totally rip people off.

I don't know what to think about that because doesn't that e-cig blow chunks? It would be nice to walk into a store and purchase genuine Joye products or high end mods don't you think?

I've never tried a Blu, but I have heard some bad things about them. However, I started out with an NJoy from a truckstop. If it let's people know that e-cigs are out there, I'd say that overall it is a good thing. Some people will try it, decide it's no good, and go back to analogs. However, some will try it, decide it's no good, and look around for something better.

I heard bad things about blu as well. If it wasnt for me reading them bad reviews and reading the good ones about Joye, I wouldnt have picked up my Joye 510 and soon my Ego. That could have very well turned me away from vaping I think. It cant be all that bad tho right? I dont wanna buy one to find out tho.

I started vaping with the Walgreens disposable Blucigs. I had the menthol, it tasted nothing at all like menthol. It had a sorta poorly mixed easy bake oven cake taste to it. from there I went to their Njoy starter kit and that's what i have now. It's not bad it works great if you're a poor college student. the vapor production is kinda bad, but the battery life is decent, and the throat hit is hit/miss. I got the tobacco flavor, it's more like a swisher sweet cigar than cigarette tobacco. not the best starter unless you don't have the cash for anything better. you get what you pay for.

• 3 weeks later...

I smoked Blu cigs for a while. Back on the original case before the new "Premium" upgrade. They use quality Johnson Creek juice, but the setup is automatic and designed for a typical analog smoker to be able to change over easily. Charge was very short compared to my ECO-C. They were not quality but for a smoker they are a great alternative and pretty cheap/easy to move to. A place to start for newbies.

Haven't used their new carts but I assume they haven't improved greatly. Not a suggested product from this guy.

rite aid sells the 21st century 2 piece ones. not compatable with anything, but work pretty good. metal cartos as well. kit was like 40 bucks, long story short, its a back up of a back up now lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Got blu cherry crush tonight at walgreens since I was in a pinch. Yuck, tastes like cherry cough syrup. I had heard bad things about blu as well but first time I tried them.

Blu uses Johnson Creek eLiquid, which I've heard is pretty good. Wonder if they're using the same eliquid in these kits.

Oh - you can get mystic kits at Wal-mart no.

Everything I've tried from Johnson Creek was horrible. They put it out on the tables at Vapercon and it looked like most of it stayed on the tables. I think JC was good when nothing else was out there- but not in this day and age of endless options. ...just my 2 cents.