Help Noob With Ego-T

shewolfe

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, so bare with me:-) So I am a noobie as you can tell, I just received my ego-t and as soon as I put it together I was having issues with it. I have done a ton of research and tried a friends ego-t so I was really happy to get it and get started on my vaping journey. Unfortunately as soon as I put the tank into the atomizer the juice leaked everywhere. I now know it is because I gave it a twist to get it in good and it made the hole bigger. So I had to toss that tank and put in a new one. WELL.. I didn't research enough and took my friends advice to wash out the atty because the juice spilled in it. It was giving a terrible burnt taste and wasn't giving me a th at all! So after I rinsed it in warm water I let it dry for 5 min and wiped it out with a tissue. Bad move? I didn't know I was supposed to let it dry for 24 hours first, or do the dry burn technique (I think that's what it's called lol.) The good news is, it's hitting a lot better now, hope I didn't screw it up somehow by not letting the atty dry out completely though.. Also I have no clue when to refill my tank with juice? Do I make sure there is still some juice left before I refill? I am ordering a low res atty soon for better th. I could use tips from you guys!:-) Thanks everyone, sorry if I am not using the terms correctly, still learning lol!

I won't be the one to answer your questions because I did not like the 'eGo tank' system at all. It had poor taste, and lousy juice delivery to the atty, in my opinion. But, on the bright side, you at least have a great battery (or 2) that you can now use with ANY 510 atomizer or cartomizer! I would highly recommend trying some different setups to see what you prefer. If I were you... I would try the 'eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer'... Type B, and also a 'Boge LR Cartomizer' as well. There are a ton of YouTube vids out there with tips and tricks on filling/using both of those. Plus, your eGo T will also accept any 510 atomizer, low resistance or standard... so you could buy a 'drip tip' and also see how 'Direct Dripping' works for you. (Also more YouTube vids on 'Direct Dripping') The 'eGo Tank' never really worked as well as I thought it should... plus it doesn't hold enough juice for my liking. My current favorite setup (and ViperRon's) to use with my eGo T battery is definitely the 'eGo Mega Dual Coil Carto'... that's for certain! They hold a bunch of juice and work great !! Good luck, and others will certainly chime in shortly!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I gave the LR version of the eGo Tank a whirl. I enjoyed using it but it does have it's faults. You will want to refill the tank when it is either empty or when you noticed vapor and flavor starting to diminish. I got about 3 fillings out of the tank before it started to leak because the hole had become larger. Not a bad setup but could use some improvement.

I went back to using the cartomizers. A little less technical than the tank.

I started using the eGo-C this week at work to try it out. I was unhappy with the eGo-T due to a lot of dry hits. It appears ( at least the unit I have) that they have resolved the leaking issue and it keeps up with my heavy vaping style. http://www.ovaleusa.com/

ps.. I had more leaking issues with the EMDCC than I ever had with a tank.

Edited by jeffb

When mine leaked it was definitely operator error. I would accidentally put too much juice and it would go right down the center tube and make a huge mess. I dont like being so careful so I stopped using em. I still have 3 unopened EMDCC's if you want em DAYVAPE. I'll send em to you.

I can't imagine futzing with a tank system. But I am a noob as well. It looks like so much work. I don't know maybe if I had friends that used them and cash to fail at it but it seems there are too many spots for failure. I am stoked with my low rez cartos. Frankly they produce more than enough vapor.

Maybe I was just lucky. I switched to an Ego-T about a month and a half ago from an Innokin Lea. I liked the Lea but the tank just didn't hold near enough to get me through the day. I never had a leak issue with the tank. However, the Ego-T I got came with the silicone/rubber stoppers. I just got an Ego-C, because I realised that my Ego-T atomizers were on the outs. The Ego-C (from ovale) came with the hard plastic ends on the tanks, but they threw in a few silicone ones for replacement. I initially punctured one of the plastic ends, and it looked like it would easily leak. My advice to the OP would be to get some of the more flexible plugs for the Ego tanks. I used the same tank for over a month with refilling, turning, pulling in and out etc... without a leak.

go with the 'eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer' as stated above.... i did that and noticed better performance...as far as controlling the leak, each unit is different, mine leaked..it irked me so much i started looking at tanks.

you have good batteries now, if your anything like me, the leaking will get to you..now i only use the batteries and charger that came with my original kit..lol

Wow! Thanks for all the help! This place is definitely where I will go if I ever have a question :yes

I will check out what almost everyone told me to get. The ego mega dual coil cartomizer, it sounds much more my style.

Thanks again everyone!

Welcome !! Very glad to have you with us. As you have noticed you will get a wide variety of answers. We all have our preferences for which combination of devices we prefer. For me, I use the Ego battery + 510 tank for when I can't drip. my sweet spot is the Ego + 510 LR atomizer + drip tip. As you have also noticed....lots of trial and error. But, once you get the hang of things...you won't look back.

The Ego battery is compatible with so many different heating elements...tank, atomizers (standard and Low resistance), cartomizers,....

Very glad to see you have been doing research.

Nic strength is also individual...I am anywhere btwn 18mg and 24 mg...depends on the flavor I am using.

Hi everyone, so I have been doing some research and have decided to go with the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer. I do have a few questions though because I am switching from the tank system to this. First how long does one cartomizer last? And how do I refill it? I have came across some youtube vids, but I don't want to mess with a syringe so I think I will use the "condom method." Does it come with a condom? And can I just drip after the initial fill? Do I need to order drip tips as well, or does it come with them?

You will have to either use a syringe or just drip into the carto for the initial fill. Then, I simply just 'top-off- with my bottle whenever needed, this will vary per usage but I keep mine full at all times.... so I 'top-off' several times per day! One carto will usually last me about a week... give or take a couple of days... and that's using it all day/every day. This length of time will also vary depending on the type of juice you are using. I'm going to bet the length of time is shortened if it's some sort of really sweet/dark juice. I also recommend you use somewhere around a 50/50 blend of PG/VG or they will leak easier. Madvapes does sell drip tips for these if you don't like the soft rubber mouthpieces that come on them. You don't HAVE to buy one... but I like them much better than the rubber ones. So, yeah, the initial fill either needs to be done via a syringe (my preferred method) or just by dripping/rotating/dripping like a normal carto. (no condoms come on these)

Hope that helps some...

Another thing I like about these is that you can hook them up to an old 510 Pass-Thru that you don't use anymore... take it outdoors and spin it around a bit and it comes out emptied and white again... ready for fresh juice! I do this probably 2 or 3 times before I finally just retire it and start with a brand new one again. Just a tip.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Hey Shewolfe. I was a hard core eGo-T user, and now I use Cartos. However, I still use my T everyone once in a while. It still has its advantages.. After I solved its leaking issues, it was a perfect ecig for me for 2 months. Yes try the cartos, see which one you like better. e-cigs are all about personal preference. As far as the leaking issues with the T, check out this video.