First Day

Rip Topaz

I picked up my first PV this morning, an Encore starter kit. Not much available locally, so I searched until I found this one, which seems to be the best available without an online order.

So far so good. Put my analogs in the freezer for safekeeping. Over this past weekend, I tried a disposable ecig, which was crap, but it was enough to show me what to expect. I gotta say, I was wrong. The Encore is SO much better than the throwaway garbage I bought to try.

Any tips are appreciated as I start this adventure, and hopefully finally break an almost 30 year habit.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Kudos for deciding to make the switch - you've just begun an exciting journey! Let us know what is or isn't working for you and you'll receive plenty of sound advice moving forward. Always keep in mind that if you discover an aspect to vaping that isn't working for you there is always a fix for it. Vaping is much more customizable than traditional tobacco ever was.

Edited by noXious

Hello Rip Topaz, can't say I know anything about this e cig but I am sure someone will come along and answer your question. I already made the mistake about if a certain e cig is refillable so I do not want to steer you wrong. Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Well, I have already learned about refilling, but unfortunately I had to go with what was readily available.

I've seen some YouTube vids of people refilling the non-refillable types, so hopefully I get lucky.

I'm liking the Encore, but I'm also already seeing it's limitations. Still, not a bad starter.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! I looked at their website and that looks like it may be a KR808-D1 model (can't say for sure though). It uses cartomziers (one piece that screws on to the battery)? If you're using cartomizers, I would recommend that you top them off regularly (don't let them run dry). You should just be able to pop the top off and drop 8-10 drops into it every now and then (drip onto the filling, not down the center). Other advice, take longer slower drags - it's not like smoking a cigarette. Drawing to fast and hard keeps the coil from heating up enough to vaporize the juice and it can also cause you to get juice in your mouth.

Nox is right- if there is an issue, mention it and you'll find a cure most likely. Don't worry if you find yourself getting another PV right away if you do discover limitations that you can't get around. It seems like it's a right of passage to get a very temporary starter unit. You've made the right steps and have the right tools at least. Welcome to VT, and vaping!

Kudos for deciding to make the switch - you've just begun an exciting journey! Let us know what is or isn't working for you and you'll receive plenty of sound advice moving forward. Always keep in mind that if you discover an aspect to vaping that isn't working for you there is always a fix for it. Vaping is much more customizable than traditional tobacco ever was.

She stole that whole paragraph from me! jk. She hit it pretty much dead-on. Don't feel weird asking questions on here. These guys/gals on here have massive hearts and love everyone the same. So post away!

:thumbsup:

One thing I've noticed is the coughing. When I directly inhale from the ecig, I don't cough, but when I inhale like a traditional cig, I cough like crazy. Hope that gets better.

Part of the reason may be that I've been fighting a cold for the last few weeks, so this might not be the best time to try vaping.

Taking a long slow pull into the mouth and then in to your lungs is certainly the way to go. The coughing should get better... or you may find that the level of nic needs lowered, could be several things. Give it some time... and 'keep those cartos wet' ! Add just enough juice that you see it start to pool... but don't flood the thing either. I like taking a good 10-15 drags and then 'topping off' with liquid before the next go.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Anyone that has any experience with the Encore(www.encorevapor.com), where can I find compatible cartomizers? Encore has a VERY limited selection of flavors and doesn't sell blank cartomizers. I'm hoping I have other options than buying a different ecig, since I just spent $40 on this one.

Eventually I'll probably go the route of piecing together my own ecig, but until I get the balls to do that, if anyone has any experience with these cartomizers, either taking them apart and cleaning them, or knows of a compatible brand (with matching threads), that would be a huge help. These cartomizers look kinda cheap, and I'm not too sure they would survive being taken apart to clean.

The biggest problem is going to be finding empty cartos with the proper threading to fit the battery. If I can do that, I'm gold. Otherwise, I'll be building my own PV since the individual parts are available online. Just a bit bummed to have spent $40 on something I'll be replacing eventually anyway.

Kinda wish I'd have waited and researched a bit more before switching from analogs.

It does look like the kr808. Like almost exact. Maybe I'll order a few blank cartos just to see if the threads line up.

I'm vaping menthol, so cleaning that out of the cartos I already have is probably gonna leave some nasty leftovers in the carto.

What do you guys use to clean em out when changing flavors?

Try not to feel bad about spending 40 on your first pv. A lot of us spent a lot more on something we couldn't even keep as a backup. The important thing is it gets you going in the right direction. I personally don't clean out cartos, but I am sure someone will be along to answer your question, I toss them when they start to not taste so good or look burned on the inside.

Thanks for the subtle hints. Since I already bought the Encore, and thanks to everyone who pointed out that it is indeed a rebranded kr801, I don't have to worry about the wait involved with ordering online.

Where do you guys order from? There's so many sites out there, I don't want to pick the wrong one and get ripped off.

The Encore is compatible with the kr801 and the cig2o brands, so I definitely have more choices, but I'm really finding myself interested in the box type Pv's.